1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers won't deal disaffected Osgood

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by PhilipRivers#1, Mar 25, 2008.

1. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    Chargers won't deal disaffected Osgood

The Chargers' brass and most everyone else in the NFL heads to Palm Beach, Fla., this weekend for the annual owners' meetings.

Advertisement In the midst of official business, agents, general managers, head coaches and even some players will network.

One discussion does not need to take place:

Kassim Osgood will be a Charger for two more years. Then he will be gone.

“I had an extensive phone conversation with Kassim's new agent, Drew Rosenhaus, regarding the situation,” Chargers General Manager A.J. Smith said last week when asked about developments since Osgood went public with his displeasure over not being used on offense. “Drew made his position on the matter very clear, and I made our position on the matter very clear.”

Osgood's position is that he is tired of being a special-teams player – even, perhaps, the league's best. Selected to two straight Pro Bowls as the AFC's Special Teamer, Osgood is frustrated by his four catches over the past three seasons. He wants to be traded and has said he will not participate in the team's voluntary offseason workouts.

Asked what the Chargers' position was, Smith said:

“Originally, I was unaware of Kassim's unhappiness,” Smith said. “Now that I fully understand his position, I'm sure after his contract expires his agent will do everything possible to make his client happy by finding a team that wants Kassim as a wide receiver first, special teams (player) second. He will not be traded, and we fully expect him to honor his contract. Kassim has made a career and business decision and I respect that. He's a great kid, and I wish him the best.”

Smith is a big fan of Osgood's, which is why he signed him to a four-year contract in 2006 that has already paid Osgood $2.15 million and is to pay him at least $1.4 million over the next two seasons and could add $800,000 in Pro Bowl bonuses.

Smith also was complimentary of Rosenhaus. But Smith made it clear that there will be no wavering. There almost never is for Smith.

“I know how it unfolds for us,” he said. “I don't know how it unfolds for them.”

Rosenhaus declined comment.

Click the link for the rest of the story...
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20080325/news_1s25chargers.html

2. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    I wonder what the Hornblower's reaction will be to his boi getting the backhand biatch slap from GAWD.

:abq2::abq1::abq2:

3. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    now that all the cards have been played...

"Asked what the Chargers' position was, Smith said: Originally, I was unaware of Kassim's unhappiness,” Smith said. “Now that I fully understand his position,.... "

it will be interesting to see how Oz responds... will he challenge himself or sulk... two years is a long time to feel "unappreciated", although IMO he has had opportunities and has been paid very well...

up until now, he's been the epitome of the chargers... a young overachiever and team player who has always given his time for the fans and team in civic events...

sounds like he's at a cross roads... so Kassim, what will it be - compete or sulk... don't be short sighted...

4. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    the fact is no one in the NFL would want Osgood as a WR first,special teams second so he screwed him self, kassim your a retard

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Dont mess with AJ Smith

6. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    AJ is Gawd.

7. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

is there a Meatloaf reference there somewhere???

:lol::lol::lol:

8. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    What an idiot and if he pulls any BS he will also be putting that pro bowl bonus in jeopardy.

9. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Still don't see how stayin away from early mini camps helps his cause :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

10. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I will save you the wonderment.

It will be obnoxious, condescending, rude, profanity laced, drifting in and out of consciousness, and most of all, wrong.

Hope that helps.

:icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    It won't. He says he wants to be a WR more than a ST guy, but yet he is not going to go to camp and try to impress the new WR coach?

To be a good WR, you must run good routes (one of his knocks). That takes practice.

What a Rockhead decision.

Drew is blowing too much sunshine up Oz's ***.

Also, AJ doesn't decide who plays, that has always been the coaches decision. Marty and now Norv. If Oz has a beef, it should be with Marty or Lofton as they were his coaches for all of Oz's career in SD. Well, less Marty last year.

AJ is right and justified in his stance. He gave Oz an extension when he couldn't crack the starting lineup on a weak WR squad, pre Chambers and VJ learning how to catch with his hands. Now the attention whore, Rosenhaus is flapping his gums. :tdown:

Oz, you want to be a WR? STFU and SHOW IT!

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    your right but its just not the same as hearing it happen and seeing it with your own eyes. Its so uniquely profane and offensive that you wonder what it truly will be :icon_tease:

13. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    AJ is not going to take his crap....No way. I love Osgood, i wish he would work harder to earn that WR spot. But he is not helping himself out. Idiot.

Someone should sit his *** down and make him watch 'Rudy'. That will fix him!!!:yes:

14. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    With Osgood, I don't think effort has ever been the issue. Sadly he doesn't have the talent to be a viable WR in the NFL. He cannot get seperation and has "Jammer-like" ball skills.

15. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Maybe he can try out for the Nickle spot!

16. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    That's been kicked around on here before. Don't see it happening, especially now that Osgood has hired Rosenhaus & they've taken a stance.

17. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    I kept waiting for my Arizona season tics until they resigned Fitz...:icon_sad:

strange... the bolts resigned Floyd....:icon_huh: