1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargers Work Ethic

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Skuzzlebutt, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    I am very disappointed in our team so far... and my frustration is getting worse, not better, as we move away from Monday's game.

One thing which bothered me during the bye week, and I'm sure that i am not the only one, was all the off days the team was given. During the bye week, here was their schedule:

The Chargers had only meetings Tuesday. They have short practices Wednesday and Thursday before taking the rest of the week off.

NOT ONE FULL PRACTICE in the week after the Pitt nightmare? And during the week leading to Monday night shows another off day:

He acknowledged still struggling to some extent and said he had gone in to work on the field and in the film room on his own Tuesday, the players' off day.

So after an embarrassing loss and coming up to the biggest October game I can remember we had full practice on 5 or 6 out of the 14 calendar days between games?!? WHAT THE F!

And now I see this today:

The Chargers safeties walked from the field, with their position coaches and defensive coordinator, almost 10 minutes after the rest of the team filed into the locker room following Wednesday's practice.

Their extra work was on man coverage...

Well stop the presses! They put in a while ALMOST TEN EXTRA MINUTES!?!?! **** these guys are really committed! I hope they got some extra pay or at least some comp time for that extra work.

I can think of all the counter arguments, that we don't want to tire these guys out, we need them fresh, its a long season, blah blah blah. Those points aren't without merit, but I still think the amount of time off and how babied these guys are is unacceptable. Tell them if they lose they DON'T get a day off. Tell them if they win they get an extra day off. Do something different because these guys aren't good enough for vacation days in the middle of the season.

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    How about anytime the team loses, the players have to give 25% .... screw that .. make it 50% of their pay back to the fans in attendance. :icon_party:

Now Bolts4Life will have the stage set for more fans to root for the team to lose so we can cash out.

I like it. :lol:

3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Hey, Norv is saving his guys for the 2nd half push!

On to the playoffs and who knows from there!

:icon_party::icon_party:

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    LOL!!! :lol:

5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I thought you would like that :lol:

Hell I even liked the idea of getting some cash from the players if they played like ****. :tup:

We would have that stadium rocking. :tup:

Imagine all the false starts on our own team from our own fans creating an Olympic-like competition for the cash. :icon_rofl: