1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chargerz Will BEAT The Pats!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by L.T Bolt, Oct 21, 2010.

?

Will The Chargers Defeat the Pats?

Poll closed Oct 24, 2010.
  1. YES

47.8%
  2. NO

26.1%
  3. UNSURE

21.7%
  4. DONT CARE

4.3%
  1. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Ok... The Chargers Have Been Playing Like S**t Lately but we are 2-0 at home... New England Must Still Prove Themselves On The Road And Their Cornerbacks And Safety's Aren't That Good At All Plus They No Longer Have Moss Their passing Game Is Short No Deep Balls... The Chargers Are 3 Point Favs Plus We Are Ranked #1 In Total Offense And #1 In Total Defense in The NFL!!! We Will Win... I haven't Given Up On Them Yet!!! Lets Charge New Englands AZZ:bolt::bolt:!! San Diego Wins 38-27!!! Do You Agree??:helm1::bolt:

2. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Let's just see what happens Sunday...

3. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +377
    If you were to look at this game based on solely stats. You would think it would be a easy win in favor of the chargers. #1 Offense and #1 Defense and @Home. Easy win right? No. Look at it record wise and you see a medicore team facing off against one of the leagues better teams. Tom Brady is having a great season so far. Their Defense is young and restless(Pun intended) our offense is mistake prone. Their special teams is amazing. Ours is well.....disgusting to say the least. In a nutshell this game is coming down to which Charger team comes to play. The Charger team that Blew out the Jags&Cardinals or the one that lost in embarrassing fashion to the Chiefs, Seahawks,Raiders, and Rams. I say the good chargers come to play. But it won't be easy. If you look at our opponents when we usually start our streak(Most preferable week 6-7) 2007 vs wk 6 Raiders, 2008 vs wk 6 Patriots, and 2009 @ wk 7 Chiefs. This Patriots team has to be by far the best team we've faced at this time of year(Meaning when we kick off our streaks) So its going to be close game and exciting one to watch. I see a tough fought charger win this Sunday.

4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Lets look at this logically.... Gates, Floyd, Naanee, and Davis were all out of Thursday practice, Davis had a setback.

That means the only healthy WR from our opening day roster is Patrick Crayton, and the #2 would be Richard Goodman, the #3......not on the roster.

How the hell are we going to keep up with Tom Brady? Bill Bellichick is always great at taking away an offenses #1 option, which is now Ryan Mathews. Our defense is going to have to play lights out just too keep us in this game.

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    How were the Raiders, Seahawks, Chiefs and Rams going to keep up with the powerhouse Chargers?

6. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Massive special teams failures and untimely turnovers Conc.

The Patriots have one of the best STs squads in the NFL, and you know Tom Brady isn't going to throw up many ducks.

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Fact is that the game is not played on paper. The game will be decided on the field. We had one of the better D's in the league. Did that stop the Rams?

You can say what you like. But the Chargers are an example why you should not look at the stats and determine one team cant win. Just my 50 cent worth.

8. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Your Right About That Statistics Dnt Speak For How They Play On The Field But Even With The Injuries I Think The Chargers Will Pull It Off In The 4th Quarter On Sunday

9. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    By being better TEAMS. The Chargers rack up stats, but they don't play as a team. They are a slightly less disappointing version of the Cowboys at the moment.

I know Matty and Dolt will take that as an insult as they take EVERYthing, but the good news is, that if the Chargers actually manage to play together as a real team, they will be very tough, even with injuries and even against the Pats.

10. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    I don't take anything you say seriously let alone as an insult you silly goose.

11. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205

None of this is good news, however we haven't fared too well with them either.

12. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +377
    It all starts with the head coach. The chargers have the chemistry to play as a "team" but there not. Why? Because the coaching staff can't seem to get this team prepared consistently.

13. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Man, IMO it's a toss up. We can beat them, but I just dunno which version of this team is gonna show up. The 4 loss team or the 2 monster wins.

Unsure.

14. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    We are perfect at home this year...why is everyone worried?

15. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Because we beat David Garrard and Derek Anderson, not Tom Brady.

Offensively, I think the Patriots will blitz like hell, press the corners, and force Crayton and Davis to beat them. If we don't have Gates drawing double coverage its gonna be a long day, and I can see Rivers getting battered.
    Defensively, we can't pressure sh*t and we can't cover TEs. Expect Brady to camp out in his lounge chair and pick us apart with his two dangerous young TEs.

If we win this game I'll eat my crow in silence.

16. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    We are NOT winning this game. If we do by some chance...then great I'll be happy. But we are not right mentally, and have injuries going on. Pats are clicking. It will take a dumb luck game by us in the same way the CHIEFS beat us in week one with special teams play and a fumble recovery, or INT's of BRADY. Let us pray for a 10-6 season. We have a MUCH BETTER CHANCE of beating the COLTS in a few weeks on the road.

17. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Time to put up or shut up. Game Day! Go Bolts!

Pointy

18. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    I bet all of my Bolt Cash on the Pats so the Chargers will win.