1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chat with Matt Mosley

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, May 11, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=15779

Tim (San Diego): Matt, with a more experienced Rivers and Jackson along with LT, Gates, Parker, Davis, MT and their O-line, how scary will that Charger offense be?

Matt Mosley: Tim, I think the Chargers have a great shot at getting to the Super Bowl. I think L.T. was really encouraged that his team kept Diehlman, and I think Rivers will have a strong season. I'm not convinced that the Chargers really helped themselves that much at receiver, although a lot of my scouting friends liked Davis out of LSU. I do know they're thrilled with getting another pass-catching threat at tight end.

Roy, NYC: I'm not worried about how scary the charger offense might be.....I'm worried about coaching. Is the 'revamped' staff really better, or should they have stayed the course & kept Scrotumshiner for one more year?

Matt Mosley: Man, you guys are fired up about the Chargers this afternoon. Just counted 77 Chargers questions - give or take 30.
    For the folks worried about that revamped offense, I have three words: "Super" Bill Bradley. Get to know him. Wade Phillips would love to have him in Dallas, but the franchise already had a talented guy in DBs coach Todd Bowles.

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Jeff in La Jolla, Calif.: I noticed you spent a lot of time in your recent draft blog talking about a cornerback named Anthony Arline, who went undrafted. Since my Chargers just signed him, what should we expect?

Mosley: For those of us who specialize in Day 2 of the draft, watching young Arline slide was much more painful than anything that happened to Brady Quinn in the commissioner's Green Room.

His reputation as the skinniest-looking cornerback in the Big 12 (6-foot-2, 199) may not have helped, but Arline's found comfort in the waiting arms of his former defensive coordinator at Baylor, "Super" Bill Bradley, who is now coaching the defensive backs in San Diego.

Jeff, you're about to realize what the folks at Floyd Casey Stadium have known for years. This kid is always around the ball -- and he believes in full immersion to boot.

3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I like what he has to say about Arline, but not really familiar w/Mosley's cred. Wasn't he a Dallas sportswriter at one time?