1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cheaters Spurned

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gridreaper, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    From si.com:

The Patriots were the first team Thomas visited, on Monday, and sources said that New England was confident that it had Thomas all but signed.

...:icon_rofl: Stupid arsed cheatriots thought they had another one in the bag. I wonder if this spygate thing and the way they're so hated is going to start working against them in free agency? I noticed that the Jets are letting Vilma entertain trades with all teams except...you guessed it, the :patsturn:

2. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    there's nothing in that quote that says they were burned... he could still sign, unless he's been pick up by another team. Even he doesn't go to the pats it doesn't say anything neccessarily, look at Randy moss he was set to goto GB, or even our man igor, he was set to goto the seahawks. But I wouldn't say either of those moves had anyhting to do with the player burning the other team.

3. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    Several things.

First, he has already signed with Dallas. If the Pats thought they had him "all but signed" and he went and contracted with the Cowboys, something must have happened to drive a wedge between them.

Second, it was never reported that Moss was "all set" to go to Green Bay, at least that I remember. They were one of many suitors, and New England won out.

Third, it was Dielman, not Igor, who came close to signing with Seattle last year.

4. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Fourth, he didn't say they were "burned." He said "spurned," which means "rejected."

5. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I'm not sure what happened, but I'm pretty sure the Pats have it on tape.....:lol:

6. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Zach Thomas was offered a one year deal from the Pats for around 1.5 mil, and was offered a 3 mil one year deal from the Cowboys.

Thomas is from Texas, and played college at Texas Tech. Those are pretty much the reasons he chose them, along with the fact Dallas is pretty much the front runner for the SB in the NFC.

I don't think he spurned, or burned the Pats, he had a better offer by the team he preferred, Dallas.

7. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    Well, by rejecting them, he did technically "spurn" them. The term is made especially applicable because New England believed they had him "all but signed".

• Like Like x 1
  8. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    New England is losing key people to Free Agency and they aren't in a position to dip into the market to replace what they are losing with real quality. They just might be diminished a bunch this season.

9. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117

Patriots are on the downfall. Spygate, Spygate 2, chocking in the SB, 2 players busted for Pot possession since the SB ended, free agent players in question.

I hate that team, and I'm loving what is happening to them. :tup:

10. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    what we need is some high name guy to not sign with them because he doesn't want to have to explain spygate to his 6 year old.

that would gall and embaress them to no end.:lol: