1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chicago Bears Don't Want Cedric Benson, Neither Do 31 Other NFL Teams

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdbound, Jun 12, 2008.

1. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2006

The Chicago Bears placed Cedric Benson on waivers this week, which means all 31 other NFL teams could have claimed the rights to him. And although Benson hasn't exactly been, you know, good -- either on or off the field -- there was some talk in league circles that some team might take a flyer on him.

Nope. Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports (via PFT) that no team claimed Benson on waivers. That means he's now an unrestricted free agent, and it means no team thinks he's worth the relatively low salary of $820,000 he was scheduled to make in 2008.

So where does Benson go from here? I still think he'll sign with some NFL team in 2008. For as disappointing as his career has been so far, if guys like Tank Johnson and Pacman Jones can get second chances, Benson can too. He'll never be close to the kind of player the Bears thought he was when they made him the fourth pick in the 2005 draft, but Benson isn't done.
  2. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Pacman and Tank actually had talent at positions of need.

RBs are a dime a dozen, and he isn't even the best one available.
  3. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2006
    Why the fuk is Benson getting so much pub? He hasn't done chiat on the field in fact he's done more off the field. He sucks.

I think I just answered my own question.

Broncos Suck!!!! :yes::abq2::icon_party::abq1:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Aug 3, 2006
    Canada beckons. If you refuse to grow up, people will tire of you, eh, Britney?