1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

chicken or the egg...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Lightning, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Lightning

Lightning Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    bottom line on people that want Norv gone (which i do too but....) one thing to remember is that marty was bumping heads with A.J. and A.J., instead of finding middle ground decided to stand on his ego and found a "yes man" in norv. IMO it wasnt the "just the best fit" just because of the offensive scheme but moreso that A.J. wanted a yes man no matter who it would have been.

So I am goin with...IMO...that it's A.J.s doing that started this downfall....and he needs to go!

2. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    And can you please show evidence of Norv Turner being this "yes man"? Honestly, I can't say I do agree with you because Turner is a hands-on coach and strictly an "x's and o's" old school NFL head coach. He's not a very ballsy guy and I think we all can question his basic understanding of playing the game (send the little guy on 3rd and short when the oline sucks and their dline doesn't :icon_huh:) but please provide evidence of him being a "yes man" like articles or interviews in which we can infer or plainly see this coach as one who does whatever the front office wants without offering an opinion.

I think AJ is part of the problem, specifically in the decisions he makes as to who to sign and for how much but Chudinsky, Rivera, and Turner make that depth chart and write those plays. As far as I'm concerned, in football blame those closer to the action with direct oversight and if you feel like blaming their bosses than that is fine but don't come around declaring that general manager and ownership deserve more blame for the way the team is actually performing unless you can connect them to the action on the field directly.