1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chiefs Behind San Diego Lines: Five Questions With an Enemy Blogger

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Sep 27, 2007.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    http://footballnews-247.com/?p=5395

Welcome to another successful installment of Five Questions with an Enemy Blogger, where each week, via email, I will be exchanging hot questions and [sometimes] answers with a rival blogger about their team and the upcoming matchup.

This week I sat down with Loren “Anteater” Casuto of BoltTalk, an independent column/podcast that covers the San Diego Chargers.

Dan Benton: “Has LaDainian Tomlinson peaked or is there some other underlying cause to his recent failures? Say … a clueless coach?”

Anteater: “There are a couple of factors that is causing LT to sputter out of the gate. First and foremost, LT has definitely not peaked. Running backs, even workhorses, don’t peter out this early. And in past years LT has been slow to start before thriving midway through the season.

* A. Teams are keying in on him almost entirely. While teams do focus on Antonio Gates they are more willing to stack 8-9 people in the box to stop LT and force Philip Rivers to meet. For one it’s almost impossible for five linemen and a fullback to stop that many people.
    * B. Both the offensive line and fullback Lorenzo Neal are not playing as well as they should be.
    * C. Rivers has not been playing up to par until, if you want to count it, this past game against Green Bay. Rivers has a chance to really take advantage of single man to man coverage across the board but has been struggling.”

Anteater (cont’d): “The big question is if Norv Turner’s coaching is impacting this. Turner in some manner is impacting this by his insistence on running even into 8-9 man fronts designed to stop the run. Teams that are run heavy (Kansas City, Chicago, Minnesota, Seattle, St. Louis and San Francisco) are finding more trouble running as well. So I don’t know if it’s entirely on the head of the coach, but because of an unwillingness to be more creative and flexible, Norv Turner does bear some blame. Charger fans are very confident that sooner or later LT will get back on track and sooner or later he’ll start ripping off big games. Keep in mind that until about the 6th game of the last season (at San Francisco where LT had four touchdowns) LT had not had many touchdowns or many rushing yards. After San Francisco, LT was unstoppable. That game might come this week against Kansas City.”

DB: “As a Chargers fan, how frustrating has this season been for you so far?”

Anteater: “[It] has been incredibly frustrating because everyone expected us to dominate from the start. There has been a lot of hubris in part based on what we did last year. And there’s no question the loss against New England where a flat and lifeless Charger team was dismantled has been the most frustrating occurrence. This team has seemed off-key, lazy and not prepared for any game. LT hasn’t been running properly, there’s been no pressure on the opposing QBs, the lines are not functioning correctly, the secondary has regressed, etc ad nausea. We were expecting a fast start with an incredibly powerful offense and a smothering defense and instead we’ve been cursed with a team that’s flat-lined. However, it is very early in the year (we end the first quarter of the season) and there’s still plenty of time to turn it around. Our frustration can be turned around but we have to wait and see.”

DB: “Looking ahead to Sunday, what worries you the most about the Kansas City Chiefs?”

Anteater: “Their defense and Larry Johnson. The latter has been the only running back over the last two years to consistently run on us and run effectively. We do have an advantage on that because Johnson is the only real weapon the Chiefs have (Anthony Gonzalez has slowed down a lot this year and Bowe/Webb/Kennison/Parker and their other WRs are either unproven or have not been very effective). The defense is of more concern because they have a lot of talent across the board; quick young pass rushers, a LB who knows our offense and defense (Donnie Edwards), two very good veteran corners and two young talented safeties. Their defense has grown talent wise by leaps and bounds but has been victimized two of the last three weeks by Houston and Chicago, teams who do not remotely match the Chargers offensive talent level.”

DB: “Which running back is more likely to break out of their slump this weekend, Tomlinson or Larry Johnson?”

Anteater: “LT. His supporting cast (Neal, the OL and Rivers) will get in sync soon and, I think, faster then the Kansas City offense gets in sync.”

DB: “Prediction time! Who wins, and what’s the score?”

Anteater: “Chargers 27-10, but don’t hold me to it.”

A special thanks to Loren “Anteater” Casuto for taking the time. Again, you can read and listen to his Chargers coverage on BoltTalk.

• Like Like x 1
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    In my defense I did not call Tony Gonzalez "Anthony"

3. pgreenbe305

pgreenbe305 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +22
    If you did call him Anthony, then: DORK. Regardless, that was fun to read. Thanks for taking the time to partake.

4. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Yes, everyone knows that it's "Antonio" in Spanish.

5. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    My 5 answers:

Fuc the Chiefs

Fuc the Chiefs

Fuc the Chiefs

Fuc the Chiefs

We're going to beat the living fuc out of the chiefs (to quote BDH).

6. pgreenbe305

pgreenbe305 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +22
    Maybe calling him Antonio would do more for his success. Just kidding...

7. Edgar

Edgar BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    Don't hold you to it?

I hope the team has more confidence than you do!

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    The anthony in this case they are referencing is Tony Gonzalez, not Antonio Gates

I never called Gonzalez "Anthony", they goofed

9. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Don't sugarcoat it, tell us how you REALLY feel. :lol:

10. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    PM me your email address and i'll send you the actual answers i wrote to make up the article

• Like Like x 1