1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chiefs - Damion McIntosh hurts knee

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Kansas City, projected starting left tackle Damion McIntosh sustained what is believed to be a sprain to his right knee.
    McIntosh is scheduled to undergo more tests.

2. msmith

msmith BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    The Chiefs is diggning the bottom of the barrel to find McIntosh as the all important LT. I remembered him allowing Holliday to have 3 sacks on Brees.

3. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    Two worlds collide with McIntosh.

Some always said he was horrible here and a perfect example of how SD didn't care about the OL.

At the same time those people praised KC and how many resources they sunk into the OL saying we should be more like KC.

Now, McIntosh is the KC starter at LT. You gotta love it.

The chefs are the worst team in the AFC West & its not like they are young and improving either.

GEEZERS!

4. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I propose that this actually helps their line!! :lol:

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    i hope teh bastard stays healthy - wanna beat his *** like he stole something wjhen we play them

6. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    if he can't go maybe they can sign Leander "Turnstile" Jordan, I haven't checked but I'd think he's available :icon_eek:

7. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Wow, and just yesterday I read about how well DM was doing in camp and how they expected the holes to open up even wider for Johnson. Doh!

8. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Jordan is w/ the Falcons

McIntosh is dogshit of the highest degree. We need him in there when we play the Chiefs, Merriman and Phillips will have 5 sacks each.

9. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Oh how the substandard have fallen.

10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I honestly can't believe Mac is able to get a job in the NFL. Just goes to show how desperate some teams get. God he was TERRIBLE when he was here. Pure ****.

11. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    "I'm still holding out hope that something will be done."

-- Larry Johnson

12. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Here's another one....although this one really hurts given the talent:

New Orleans Saints starting left tackle Jammal Brown was injured in practice Tuesday and was carted off the field. Trainers appeared to be examining his right knee.

The injury occurred during a contact drill during practice. The Saints had originally been scheduled to do a walk-through Tuesday, but Saints coach Sean Payton was unhappy with their play on Sunday night.

Brown stayed down for about 20 minutes before being taken off the field in a cart.

Let's hope our guys make it through camp. :unsure:

13. msmith

msmith BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    Injury happens to many teams every year. Just hope the Chargers could stay out of major injuries.

14. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    RIVER FALLS, Wis. (AP) -- Kansas City starting left tackle Damion McIntosh could miss an extended period with a knee injury -- bad news for the Chiefs' already shaky line. Chiefs coach Herm Edwards said Tuesday that doctors are still evaluating McIntosh's injury, initially diagnosed as a sprain. McIntosh hurt his right knee late Monday afternoon during practice and was taken off the field on a motorized cart.
    He's hurting," Edwards said. "Right now he's week-to-week. It'll be a while."

The Chiefs signed McIntosh, a seven-year veteran who played previously at San Diego and Miami, during the offseason hoping he could fill the void created by left tackle Willie Roaf's abrupt retirement before last season.
    Kansas City also is trying to replace another perennial Pro Bowler, guard Will Shields, who retired in the offseason.
    Edwards said third-year pro Will Svitek, a former sixth-round draft choice and converted defensive lineman, will take over as the starter at left tackle despite having only played in just three games during his NFL career. "I've got to work hard on my fundamentals, because I lack experience," he said. "There's always pressure," he said. "This is the NFL. It's a high-performance business. You've got to step up."

• Like Like x 2
  15. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    That is always good news to hear.. from your O line.

:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

16. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Really...what is KC doing? It's like they are sinking into a pit of quicksand and they can't see anything to grab a hold of.

17. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347

Lo, though we walk through the Valley of Mission, we shall fear no evil, for AJ is our Shepard. P.23-sort of

In time of sickness, the waiver wire collects itself anew. Virgil-sort of

Those who forget the lessons of history are doomed to repeat its won loss record. Santayana-sort of.

A team's got to know it's limitations. Dirty Harry-sort of.

18. Kev

Kev BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    :)

Hate to see a player get injured, but...

anything that contributes to the Bolts laying a holy beatdown on the chefs in K.C. on December second is just hunky-dory with me.

:abq2: :abq1: :icon_toast:

19. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Remember those two Chiefs homers on the UT forum a year or so ago? KingPriest and Iowanian. Whatever happened to them? :lol:

20. Kyle

Kyle BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    There are degrees of dogshit?! :huh: :icon_mrgreen:

With that line KC has, Coyle might make a run at David Carr's sack record.