1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chiefs done with Donnie - and no we don't want to take a look at him...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by mandude, Feb 24, 2009.

1. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    • Like Like x 1
  2. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    ya donnie was done the min he left san diego, he should have retired then

3. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942

I don't. He complained in public while employed by the Chargers, biitched up a storm about being underpaid/underappreciated and went off on A.J. after he was cut.

Also his rude wife sat in our section a couple of years ago and made an *** out of herself.

The only thing I don't like about him getting cut is that the Chiefs immediately improved.

4. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Ya gotta feel for tight end Michael Merrit. Busted for weed, and he loses his job?

Uh... did he simply fail to "crotch his skunk"? Or was he transporting Nate Newton-like amounts? :icon_shrug:

5. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Donnie haters have to face the facts and offically eat crow. Our ILB play clearly did not improve after his departure as was so boldly predicted. It got worse, much worse.

No one can tell me we wouldn't have been much stronger with Cooper having a great cover LB like Edwards next to him over the last two years. If you try to you are simply fooling yourselves.

Even an old Donnie is better than Wilhem every game, every time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    You are correct but, he was a cancer.

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    How so? You mentioned him complaining in public about no being happy with his contract with the Chargers. Did he go to the media and say that?

If I recall it correctly, he did mention it to some people and the word got around. But AJ blew it up for everybody to see.

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Lets also not forget, Donnie got LOTS of interceptions!!! LOTS!

9. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    I think he handled his depart poorly, and he left at the right time. But I do think while he was here contributed and often was a bit under-rated (I remember everyone complaining his tackles always came after gains). But he was a solid player and I think we still haven't found players that match 05 or 06 Donnie.

He may have *****ed and drank his own kool aid a bit at the end, but he was a solid player and I feel bad for any player when they come to end of a long career, especially one that contributed a lot to this team.

10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    If my memory serves me correctly, Donnie, was whining to some marines getting ready for deployment to Iraq. I'm sure some kid that will be dodging sniper fire in Baghdad in the next week or so is going to feel sorry for Donnie. How insensitive can the guy be, whining about not making millions when this kid's life is on the line for peanut's.

If you can't understand that, then there is NO hope for you.