1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chiefs fans show little respect for Chargers fans

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by MasterOfPuppets, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iowanian

Iowanian BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Luis Castillo is a former roidhead...you like him?

You clowns are right. The Chiefs are horrible. They have no chance of beating the 4 decade, undefeated champs of the NFL, Sandy Eggo T humper Chargers.

Chargers 97
    Chiefs 0

NO way can the Chiefs win....Nothing unfortunate can happen to any Dolt players...Phillip Rivers is incapable of making bad throw. He'll probably lead the Chargers to yet another one of their 800 yard offensive days, while the defense gives the Chiefs -49 yards rushing vs their impenetrable defense.

The Chiefs have zero chance.

You might as well mortgage your homes...again...and put it all on the Chargers plus points. You can't lose.

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/chargers/demand/2005/minicamp/061105_fans.rm

I intentionally left out the Chiefs suck because of your BBQ. (This is a minor claim to fame interview done last year so autographs are at a premium now)

P.S. ..... Try doing a spontaneous interview after a dozen beers and a few soulfulls and this is what you get......

4. Iowanian

Iowanian BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Enjoy blowing your own horn in LA.

• Like Like x 1
  5. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    At least can you get the spelling right on the San Diego Chargers QB.

That is as follows:

Philip Rivers Not Phillip Rivers just 1 L in philip's name.

Thank you.

6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    This may indeed be my last year as a fan of the San Diego Chargers but I do have substantial real estate holdings in San Antonio which by all accounts leads the list for the Chargers.

So I think I will play my horn in San Antonio and retire a very rich mother fugger......:icon_party:

7. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
  8. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,375
    That's the best you can come up with?

That trailer of yours must be looking awfully small right now.

9. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,375
    Once again, a desperate attempt by the follower of a weaker team. The above quote is so...raiderfanesque. How sad.

10. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    FUC THE CHIEFS

11. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I'll bet you are in the minority for Squaw fans who don't want to extend Gonzo. I'd bet most would have a hissy fit with Peterson/Edwards if he was let go. As a Chargers fan, I'd love to see y'all blow a cap wad on him. He's still good, but starting on the decline of a stellar career.

It will be interesting to see what they do with Gonzo and Trent Green. When a player (especially a QB) starts getting concussions, they come in bunches. See Troy Aikman, Steve Young .... even our own Stan Humphries. You also have Priest Holmes contract expiring, plus the final amortization of Roaf's deal next season. You should be sitting good on the cap AFTER the 2007 season - IF you clean out the older vets this year.

But, that's not Edwards style. See the Ty Law signing. Wasting a pick (first day, wasn't it?) on a backup RB. You'll be spending mega-bucks in FA next year, with cap hits that extend and grow into the future.

I watched two of your preseason games, and Turley was getting run over, even with a TE or RB chipping at the pass rusher. Igor, Castillo or Merriman would make him cry and wail for his Mommy. He's past sucking.

10-6 ??? Not a chance. You'll be VERY lucky to get to 9-7, but I'd bet y'all finish at 7-9 to 8-8.

At least you're guaranteed two wins over the Raiders ....... :icon_toast:

12. Iowanian

Iowanian BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    I guess its OK to Spell Rivers' name with that extra "L" now, eh?

Its too bad the Chiefs, their horrible, patchwork Offensive line, over-rated, ****** Running back, terrible WRs, backup QB, and Defense that doesn't have a chance to stop the EggOffense. They'll never have a chance to beat the year in and year out Juggernaut that is the Sandy Eggo chargers.

13. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Props to the Chefs. Y'all played with energy and emotion that wasn't matched by the Chargers.

This game showed our weakeness in the middle of our OL. Dielman, Hardwick and especially Goff had fuggin' horrible game. They didn't get any push, and blew assignments on blitzes repeatedly.

We still can't cover in the middle of the defense. Before the season started, I said we needed two new ILB's and two new safeties. We still need at least 3 out of 4. Donna Edwards has lost a step and a half, and Kiel can't cover in space.

SD is in deep caca with missing Igor, Phillips, and Merriman over the next 3-5 weeks.

14. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    First the spelling of the name of Philip Rivers is the way I typed it.

Second the Kansas City Chiefs won that game and I will say good job.:icon_toast:

Third I would not call Kansas City this kind of name either.
    Kunts City. like you called San Diego. Sandy Eggo.

That is too disrepectful and childish. That is why they are called Kansas City and San Diego. Respectfully.

The Kansas City Chiefs deserve repect because they won and the San Diego Chargers lost.

Kansas City wanted to win more than San Diego wanted to. So they did. I give kudos to the Chiefs for the win. Congratulations.:icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I took a look at the last ten years between the Chiefs and the Chargers. Here are the results:

1996 Chargers swept the Chiefs
    1997 Chiefs swept the Chargers
    1998 Split, won one game each
    1999 Split, won one game each
    2000 Split, won one game each
    2001 Chiefs swept the Chargers
    2002 Split, won one game each
    2003 Chiefs swept the Chargers
    2004 Chargers swept the Chiefs
    2005 Split, won one game each

Out the last 20 games before this season the Chargers won 9 and the Chiefs won 11.

Yeah, the Chiefs have a slight edge, but overall these have historically been two pretty evenly matched teams. We've both had our up years and our down years. Every year we split over this period of time, the home teams won. Yes it's been hard for the Chargers to win in Arrowhead, but it's also been hard for the Cheifs to win in San Diego. You can go back further to the early 90s when we had some pretty good teams and it swings back to the Chargers favor.

What can I conclude? Nothing really except that we haven't been dominated by the Chiefs regardless of what their fans think.

So congrats to the Chiefs fans. You have your part of a split already this year. I really doubt this years Chiefs team can come to San Diego and beat us again. If they do, I'll congratulate them, but I don't think it will happen.

Dec. 17th I'll be in View 9, Row 18 and I'll see if this Chiefs team can do anything in San Diego.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Iowanian

Iowanian BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    The last 3 posts are the way I'd actually prefer to discuss the game. Thanks for those.

My position is clear shamrock...I've been saying since 2002 that the BOlts needed Oline help. I thought you made strides in the right direction this year, but I question the long extension for Olivea. McNeil will be solid. I agree with your takes on your defense. My position all along, and in KC is that Donnie Edwards is too small to be an effective MLB, regardless of tackle numbers....its where they are that counts with me.....I think he has slowed as all players do, and doesnt' have the speed to cover the field the way he did, or to cover TEs like 88. I agree that you could also use at least 1 safety, and a corner. Keil just isn't that impressive.

Turtle...You'll just have to get a little tougher. I appreciate what you're saying, but in a world where the Chiefs are routinely called squaws or quiefs and the like, and midwester stereotypes, corn and cousin jokes are thrown my way....I'm not going to be able to take my foot off the throttle of a simple spelling of your City....which coincidently describes the beaches. In no way can "sandy eggo" be confused with the C U next tuesday you've prescribed.

Thumper, thats not an unfair assessment. the Vs records aren't that far off, though now I must point out for clarity, that they measure at 9 to 13 wins now.

I've made it clear that the Chiefs have problems. I am concerned about our offensive line and DTs, depth in particular. I think the young safeties need to be worked in, even though the vets are making plays....Knight is getting beaten, and Wesley is often late in deep coverage. Page has been getting some playing time, which makes me happy, but I'd like to see Bernard Pollard get some reps....I'm guessing he's messing up in practice, which is why he's not.....Sermon benched an OT for a false start in practice.

Next time the teams meet, Green should be back, which improves our passing game and further opens the playbook and running game. Welbourne DID come back today, which improves our suspect RT position. The defense is playing solid....I think the next run of 4 games, the Chiefs could realistically be 3-1 or 4-0....they get Seattle wounded, at the Rams(solid team) then Cleveland and Jokeland.

I'll be back for the next game, and hopefully, It'll count for something.....for the Chiefs at least.

17. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    You'll find another Olivea hater in TrumpetMan. He dislikes the dude with a passion. Not me though. I like Olivea, but I think his best position is OG, not OT. He's above adequate as a RT, but could be special as an OG.

Goff is a journeyman having a crappy year. He flat out sucks.

Hardwick is playing on roller skates, getting pushed back too damn much. Dielman had his worst game of the season. He came on strong at the end of last year and played VERY good this preseason, but hasn't shown much the last few games.

Edwards should have been dumped this offseason. AJ should have taken that cold bowl of Crawfish Gumbo that the Saints offered. He can't cover, he can't get to the edge on sweeps, and his weak *** tackling provides extra yards on every play.

Kiel can cover in front of him (hooks, curls, stops, etc) but TE's that run WR type routes (ie Gonzo) give him problems.

I'm fine with our CB's.

Y'all have two playmakers (LJ and Gonzo) and SD couldn't stop either. That's sad. Every fan knew what was coming, but the defense didn't make stops, and couldn't tackle worth a crap all game long.

Marty needs to get these guys to nut up on defense and make stops, make plays ..... He also needs to juggle the interior of the OL, but there's another thread on that.

We'll kick y'alls *** in SD later in the year !!! :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    You what I love. Even when we have terrible years and only win one game the entire season, we still beat the chiefs. :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Maybe I should have gone back 11 years, or even 12. It evens out dude.

• Like Like x 1
  20. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    The only good thing about Iowa..............

They built a Baseball field in the middle of a corn field, and made a movie about it.

• Like Like x 1
  21. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Ok Iowanian you have been teased for being a fan of the Kansasa City Chiefs so long. I understand it. I do not mind you keeping your foot squarely on that Throttle. Push down on that throttle as hard down as you can. Please do. I would ask you to do these following things please.

I would like to read your heaping helping of your full throttle actual smak.

Please can you give me all the C U next Tuesday smak that I can handle it will be much appreciated.

Lets see if this Sandy Eggo turtle can handle your best smak.

I thank you very much for your time and assistance it is much apprciated.

22. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    they never do because they a jealious of us

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.