1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chiefs fire their Head Coach?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
  2. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    [​IMG]
    mortreport Chris Mortensen

#Chiefs confirmed what we heard a short time ago: Todd Haley has been fired. #NFL32

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
  4. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    [​IMG]
    JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora

Chiefs website announces Todd Haley fired. Timing a little surprising but not this outcome. Josh McDaniels will be a strong candidate

5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I know... Right?:confused:

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    ESPN reporting (Chris Mortensen and Trey Wingo) this just came down

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    [​IMG]
    mortreport Chris Mortensen

The Haley/Pioli relationship was a rough one...two sides worked on exit strategy/settlement overnight.

8. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    A day late and a dollar short.:rolleyes:

9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    [​IMG]
    epadaon ernie padaon

oh i hope the #Chiefs decide to bring in Josh McDaniels as their head coach! KEEP ON LOSING!
    58 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

[​IMG]
    PeterBurnsRadio Peter Burns

It's going to be awkward when Josh McDaniels has to choose between Matt Cassell and Kyle Orton as his #Chiefs QB for '12
    8 minutes ago
    Retweeted by BFTB_Chargers

[​IMG]
    espn_afcwest ESPN Blogs AFC West

Chiefs fire coach Todd Haley - es.pn/twB2IS
    1 minute ago

[​IMG]
    ArrowheadPride Arrowhead Pride

Todd Haley Fired As Kansas City Chiefs Head Coach sbn.to/rOj1tL

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Norv's replacement? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

11. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    unfortunatly all the Chiefs fans I know are saying THANK GOD or FINALLY at this news. Josh McDbag?>.... As much as I want to see KC continue to trip and fail, I pray this scumbag NEVER gets another HC opportunity. I bet KC fans would be more open to Norv than bringing back up McDbag to HC again.

12. dizzle498

dizzle498 Bolts lover 4 life

Ratings:
    +10
    This is a good move by the Chiefs...I think when we picked up their best offensive lineman off of waivers, that was the last straw. I am all for McDaniels, bring that on!

13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Yes yes, bring forth chaos and insanity

14. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Does that make Pioli an egomaniac, and his next hire a puppet?

15. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Looks like Romeo Crennel is the interim HC for now.

16. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Only if they were in San Diego at the time it went down...

17. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    Not at all surprising. What's surprising was he lasted this long.

18. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    Not surprising after it was leaked in week 3 that Pioli wanted to fire Haley. His X's and O's weren't the problem (though they aren't consistent). The problem always has been his personality is such that he runs off almost any talented coach working for him within a year - everywhere he has been. SOME players play hard for him, almost no coaches can stand him. He also cannot find a way to get along with Pioli. Whatever positives he brings to the table, he brings far more negatives. I think he's known this was coming since week 2, but the nail in the coffin was canceling a team meeting in Chicago to go to a Lil Wayne concert with friends. A Pioli staffer (or Pioli himself) called a local radio show host and "let it slip" that that is what happened and told the host, "You can run with it, just don't use my name." Well, Pioli and the Chiefs don't let ANYthing leak on accident. He wanted that story out there before the inevitable.

It was very telling to me when Pioli went out and got Kyle Orton after Cassel went down and Haley refused to play him. Haley already knew he was gone. That was just a big F you to Pioli.

19. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    Also, Haley's arrogance in thinking that HIS "fitness program" was more important than training camp or preseason and any actual FOOTBALL practice is part of the problem. While you can't link them totally with the injuries, I think it was a combination of a rash of injuries (Charles, Moeaki, and Berry out for the year in consecutive weeks) after and during that program AND the arrogance of continuing to think that his program was better than what every other coach has done for decades, that rubbed Pioli the wrong way. That and the two are just polar opposites in personality and style.

20. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    Dear Coach Haley,

I hear you have recently had some conflict with your boss and are now looking for work. In light of the Spirit of Christmas, I would like to cordially invite you to accept the job of assistant to the team manager here at the University of Kansas.

Respectfully,
    Charlie Weis.

P.S. How d'ya like DEM apples?
    Rock Chalk.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Haley is a dick - not surprised to see him gone at all. I'd feel sorry for KC if they picked up McNugget as HC though, he's an even bigger ahole.

Here's to Romeo and the Chiefs rising up and kicking some *** in the last few weeks ;) especially when they play the Donks.

22. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,412
    Haley was a paranoid tinpot tyrant........ should've axed him long ago.

• Like Like x 1
  23. MMJ4mil

MMJ4mil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    Norv is next dudes :)

24. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    One would think the Chiefs fan would know more about his own team (Flame on!). Orton was played, he was just injured on his first play e went in on (dislocated index finger on his throwing hand). Now granted, Haley could have pulled his typical Haley ish and gone all hardass and told Orton to play through the pain, but in this instance he was probably doing what was in the best interest of the player.

Haley, despite his drill sergeant demeanor, was by all accounts I was aware of very well liked by the players. I'm not saying that Pioli didn't have cause for hiring him, but really I think this may be more of Pioli realizing that he needs to get something out of one of the QB's already on the roster, since the Chiefs have probably moved themselves past being near enough to the Top 7 pick needed to land Luck or RG3 (And I think Barkley ends up going back to school) without trading away future 1sts or their first two days of the draft. Pioli staked himself as a GM to Cassel, he now has Orton as insurance, and McDaniels - while a moron when given personnel control - is probably his best bet at this point to get the needed level of production out of either to make Clark Hunt forget that with any other GM instead of Pioli he could be sitting on Mark Sanchez or Joe Flacco as his starting QB right now who while not great are certainly improvement over Cassel.

25. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,412
    Blather.......... Haley sucks!

See?....... didn't require all that needless verbiage. ;)

26. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    Yeah heard Haley took his papers and walked - LOL

Well McDaniels makses sense.. He got the best out of Cassel when the Pats went 11-5.. Crennel is there now, Pioli is too.. so he knows the personnel and what now well.. Makes sense.. I just hope Romeo sticks it to the Broncos in a few weeks..

27. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Well, does that mean Haley becomes our new OC next year under Cowher?

28. 65TossPowerTrap

Ratings:
    +37
    Dude, Orton was brought in by Pioli to play and Haley immediately said he would not. A game later, he put him in for one play (saying that Palko was the starter and would go back in after that play). In that one snap, Orton got hur (likely the best thing that could have happened to him personally...like a soldier in Vietnam shooting himself in the foot).

Haley continued to state that Palko would be the guy regardless of Orton's status, pissing of Pioli even more. Haley of course was pissed because it was leaked in week 3 that Pioli was going to fire Haley after the Colts game. Haley could read the writing on the wall since then. The two have been at odds from the start, and Pioli has FAR more people on his side than Haley ever did.

29. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Yep, they can continue about constructing Patriots West.