1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chiefs have given up AFC high 22 sacks in 2009

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Chargers-Superhero, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    That gives us some hope this week for a big game from the Defense. Maybe we can get to Cassel 5 times this week.:tup:

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    We better GET lots of sacks

3. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Ya they are dead last in allowing sacks.

However, we are 29th in the league with only 7 sacks this year.

Something has to give.

4. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    It's a good game for the Defense to work out some kinks, and get some confidence. If we don't get any sacks against this team, then we might not get any more the rest of the year.:no:

5. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Maybe the Sha(u/w)n(e)'s will finally get a sack, but it wouldn't surprise me if we only had 2 sacks, 1 by English and the other by Castillo.

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I'll take the over BoltzRule and say 3: 1 each for English, Cesaire, and Merriman

Hey, am I missing something, or do we NEVER send corner and safety blitzes?

7. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    I've seen Weddle do it a few times but that's it. I'm not sure the DB's could make a sack on a blitz, since they don't tackle very well anyway. I wouldn't want Jammer on a blitz, we need him in coverage, other than him no one else could tackle.

But it would throw the other team for a loop if Cro blitzed. NOBODY in the league would expect that from him and his weak *** tackling.

8. BoltzRule

Ratings:
    +155
    I wouldn't mind sending Ellison in for the blitz, whenever we send in Weddle his weak *** gets easily blocked.

9. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Man, if we don't get sacks against THIS team, we might as well dust off the golf clubs and break out the fishing poles. If we can win these next 2 games we are right back in the mix. I'm not giving up yet! Lot's of games to be played and the Donks will get beat a few times this year. Just remember the Titans last year when they were like what, 10-0 and their fans were already booking their flights to Arizona last season. NOT.

10. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I'd us Ellison, too.

11. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    Wait. Matt Cassel leading the league in getting sacked yet again?

Color me not surprised.

12. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    The moveable object meets the stopable force. :lol:

13. BoltzRule

Ratings:
    +155
    Even if the Division is out of sight, the WC is well within range, maybe we'll do better as the WC instead.

14. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    The way the D is being called the chargers will make the KC OL look like the pro bowlers of a few years ago.

15. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Our seven sacks through five games is our lowest five-game total in 33 years. :tdown:

16. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    Ellison blitzed a bit on Monday. He needs to get a lil stronger IMO, he had problems taking down big *** Moreno, but held his own on Scheffler

17. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    The article poitns out that Hart must feel vindicated.
    http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/oct/21/n75627-chargers-acee21/?chargers

Our safety led the team AGAIN in tackles which means the guys up front are not doing their job. Until the trenches get fixed, the secondary does not stand a chance. We have the players in the secondary.

Hart should have been our FS last year but no one cares to listen. Weddle was a rookie at FS and should have been at SS last year. Oh and both safeties whiffed on Sheffler on one TD. Let experience call the secondary otherwise; bad **** generally happens with rookies.

Think trenches.

18. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    Hart sucks, he's gone, let it go, move on

I agree on the trenches thing though :tup:

19. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Fan evaluation of players suck. :yes:

Our secondary will not get better no matter who is playing when you have no push up front. (repeat this phrase over and over and over and over)....and over......

It does not matter how many times I post it or it is said in the media, most fans are clueless.

A marginal secondary will look like all stars with even a little bit of push and until that happens, it will not make one bit of difference.

20. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    Then what makes your positive evaluations on Hart any better than the negative ones posted by others?

21. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Because he's a legend in his own mind.

22. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Because I know what I am looking at whereas most think they know what they are watching. That is why. :bolt:

23. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +636
    so do fans that think they know more than a gwadlike GM (I assume Aj thought that Hart sucked that's why he's gone)

agree an all, Hart still sucks

maybe when you made your "fan" evaluation of Hart (and evaluated him as good) it was when the DL put some pressure on the QB, hence covering up his suckiness :icon_shrug:

24. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I said he would start and Hart did. He set a team record for INT's with Cro and after 50 years of watching this team it made an impression. A very favorable impression. That is a lot of football to watch and evaluate.

If you put JESUS CHRIST at every position in the secondary as I have said, his *** will go to hell if he has no help up front.

Our secondary will continue to be maligned until the trenches are fixed.

It really does not matter how many times I serve that concept up it will not make a bit of difference to most fans - you included. :yes:

25. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +636
    I agree that some of your drunken paranoid posts sometimes don't make sense to me, BUT, did you read the part we're I agreed that the DL is the problem and if they don't do their job the secondary looks bad?

well, let me "serve" this concept back to you...I AGREE!!!

but I still think Hart is/was a below-average safety

26. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Why do you assume I am drinking? If I am drinking you will know it in my posts so don't assume ****.

What you are not getting is that your evaluations of the entire secondary will be tainted with no front 7 help. The secondary is not the problem. You and most other fans evaluate players for **** and fall prey to reading and believing instead of watching and asking why. A prime example is that Cro is ****** all of a sudden to alot of fans and he will be next or is already getting roasted by most fans. It is the same old fan ignorance.

27. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    The guy is a prick, but MTL's evaluations make you look like the ball-watching drunkard that you are. You only sound like you occasionally know what you're talking about because you've been ripping off other people's opinions for so long.

Get a clue, biotch. If you were all that people would have flocked to your web site. They didn't because all you are is a bag of foul, stale wind.

Run like the wind. Be free.

Get a freakin' clue. :lol:

28. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Wow. You should be a coach or something.

29. BoltzRule

Ratings:
    +155
    While a good pass rush/DL does make a DB look better it doesn't mean Hart was good. Hart was an average safety at best, and he's at the point where he doesn't really have the potential to get better so we know what we'd get out of him and it wasn't good enough.

He's a good backup, but not a starter.

30. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Dude you are a clown trying to fit in by weak *** insults. :tdown: Same old tired crap. You are nothing special and trying to drop insult bombs make you look like a fool trying to be the big man. :tdown: Give it a rest. :bolt: