1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chiefs learning about harmonous locker rooms from Raiders

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Aug 19, 2011.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
  2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Sounds like they picked a real winner. :D

Report: Jonathan Baldwin hurts wrist in locker room fight
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 19, 2011, 1:05 PM EDT

Chiefs first round wide receiver Jonathan Baldwin was mysteriously missing from Chiefs practice on Wednesday.

A radio report in Kansas City hinted there may be more to the story, but we passed on mentioning it until more information came out. Well, it’s out now.

If Nick Wright of 610 Radio in Kansas City is right, the story is a doozy.

Wright reports that Baldwin will likely miss the rest of the preseason after injuring his wrist during a locker room scuffle with teammate Thomas Jones. Baldwin’s work ethic has reportedly been an issue.

He’s as advertised,” a source tells Wright. “Diva, spoiled, doesn’t wanna listen. Can't run a Go and a Slant, and doesn’t wanna work.”

The Chiefs flew to Baltimore on Thursday in preparation for Friday’s preseason game. The team hasn’t said whether Baldwin was on the flight with them.

Baldwin was already struggling in Chiefs camp before this news came out. He looks unlikely to play much early in the year.

UPDATE: Adam Schefter confirms the story is spot on. Wright, meanwhile, believes Baldwin could be out 6-8 weeks and is very questionable for the season opener.

3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
  4. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Too bad too, he is a beast sized WR. Guess his ego is much bigger than his physique.
    :chiefssuck:

5. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555
    I was a little dissapointed that he didn't fall to us in the 2nd round, but I'm happy to see its not going well in KC.

6. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555
  7. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    we will smash the chefs this year for their foolish mistake of winning the west last year

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Ant, did you consult Conc for the spelling of harmonious? ;)

9. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Todd Haley upset with John Harbaugh

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 20, 2011, 7:18 AM EDT
    [​IMG]
    Getty Images
    Chiefs coach Todd Haley was upset with Ravens coach John Harbaugh after Friday night’s preseason game, telling Harbaugh that he didn’t appreciate the Ravens running up the score in their 31-13 win.
    Baltimore scored two touchdowns in the last two minutes of the game, including one with just five seconds left, and Haley thought Harbaugh should have had his quarterback taking a knee, not leading a touchdown drive.
    Harbaugh began his post-game press conference by addressing the issue.
    “I want to apologize to the Chiefs if they feel like we were not doing the right thing at the end of the game,” Harbaugh said. “That wasn’t the midset, OK? The mindset was – this is the preseason. If this had been the regular season, we would’ve been on a knee. The idea in that situation is to give those young guys who work hard and who are trying to make a football team – this football team or another football team – to play the whole 60 minutes and give them a chance to show what they can do. Offensive line, running backs, everybody.”
    In other words, Harbaugh would rather get his third-string offense some work than spare the feelings of the Chiefs’ players who didn’t want the score run up on them.
    “I know that’s debatable, I know there’s a point of view both ways, I understand that,” Harbaugh said. “But I just feel like that was the right thing to do for our players, to give them a chance to play the game out and see what they can do.”
    Harbaugh said Haley made it clear to him that he wasn’t happy about it, and Harbaugh made clear that he meant no offense.
    “I think he said something like, ‘I don’t know about that,’” Harbaugh said. “I understood, and I just said, ‘Preseason, preseason for the young guys.’ He said ‘OK.’ I’ve got a lot of respect for Todd Haley, and a lot of respect for the Chiefs.”
    Haley was involved in a similar incident last season, when he refused to shake the hand of Broncos coach Josh McDaniels after the Broncos blew out the Chiefs. Haley clearly doesn’t like it when opposing teams score a lot of points on his team. Maybe his anger would be better directed at his own defense than at opposing coaches.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/20/todd-haley-upset-with-john-harbaugh/

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Haley sure seems to be a pissy little bitch.

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    ur not de bos of mi!

12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I think you'd better update spell-checker. hahaha

13. BoltWalt

BoltWalt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    Harbaugh had it right use the full time for practice, Haley is an asss for his view of the score.

14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I believe Haley is proving himself to be an ***, period.

• Like Like x 1
  15. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,555
    That guy cannot be ******* serious! Todd Haley is a complete and utter loser! What a damn cry baby, he's just embarrassed that he's been exposed as a fraud, and that the Chiefs won with smoke and mirrors last year.