1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chiefs looking to trade Larry Johnson?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by HollywoodLeo, Apr 20, 2007.

1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,460
    http://www.kansascity.com/160/story/77543.html

Sounds like pure speculation to me, though. :icon_huh:

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    The sky must be falling in KC, as well!! :rolleyes:

3. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    Can't wait to hear what Chiefsgal has to add to this. :lol:

4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,787
    Why on earth would they want to trade the best player on their team?

Sounds like bullshit to me.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Carpe Diem et omni Mundio Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +3,056
    Money (he wants a huge contract and the Chiefs are in horrible cap shape) and attitude (me me me me). Trade him to the Packers :-D Johnson always gave us problems and to get him out of the AFC West would end any threat the Chiefs would ever pose to us. I'd much rather deal with Pittman or Lynch and an older Gonzalez

6. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    The Chefs are going to be in for a long season. I feel just terrible for their fans.

[​IMG]

7. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    They are finishing in the cellar, behind the Raiders. You read it here first.

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

If this happens... I'll have to agree!

9. msmith

msmith BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    What will the Bills or the Titans give for Johnson?

10. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    Because white people run the Chiefs and we all know that Larry don't work for no ******* who doesn't understand what he had to go through in the streets of.....wait wasn't he a rich kid?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Actually, I saw Rip wrote that same thing last week. Since I insinuated it as well, you can have credit for being third. That's a bronze medal. Nice work! :tup:

http://forums.bolttalk.net/showpost.php?p=211337&postcount=3

12. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
  13. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,606
    Well if this is anywhere near true it will crap on Michael Turners stock.

14. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Could be they have next to nothing as an o-line this year so Johnson wants out in the worst way. Who could blame him. But he is supposed to be a pain in the butt to live around from what I've read.

15. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Especially if you are a woman that doesn't like to get slapped around.

16. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE speculation. Nothing more.

It's not like they're shopping him. They are bringing in prospects. Who cares? They drafted LJ when Priest was still trucking away. Why? Because in this league you have to line em up as deep as you can. Worked out well for them eh? Merriman knocked out priest, now they have LJ.

17. chiefsgal

chiefsgal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +443

I'm pissed of course.....he wants more money(which he is entitled to) but d***face CP is jerking with him so who the hell knows.....:no:

18. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    So what is really going on. Will he really be traded. Does it have to do with the thing that your o-line now is next to nothing and he doesn't want to try running behind something like that.

Or it could be that he's smart enough and somewhat ruthless enough to realize the chefs almost have to give him what he wants.

19. chiefsgal

Ratings:
    +443

don't.......we are KC Chiefs Fans..:tup:

20. chiefsgal

Ratings:
    +443

are you asking me, because my opinion is the only answer I have...and it's no, he isin't going anywhere.....

21. LIGHTS-OUT

LIGHTS-OUT BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    I just can't see them dumping this guy off, he is the life and blood of that offense. First Trent Green and now their best player on the team? I'm not buying it at all. I agree with the guy that said they are lining them up...and how he mentioned the Priest Holmes scenario.

22. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    The chefs I'd have to imagine have no choice but to pay him whatever he wants. Its all the offense they have.

But I have a feeling larry wants out of K.C. cause their o-line next year will be so bad.

23. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Can he hold out and refuse to play next year. I'm not aware of what his status of contract is with the team. Someone mentioned its his last year under contract.

24. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,606
    http://www.benmaller.com/nfl_rumors_notes#139859

God I hope so, nothing would make me happier than getting that beast of a runningback out of our division.

25. VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN

VAN DE MAN CHARGER FAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    na not the packers we play them next year. But i agree he always gives us issues and we need him out of the AFC West

26. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    If other forums count I beat the both of you, and it wasn't the first time I said it.

http://www.nfl-fans.com/index.php?act=ST&f=67&t=89199&hl=&view=findpost&p=1962470

I've thought the Chiefs would suck for a while, but now with the Raiders actually having some talent on defense, I can see the Chiefs finishing last.

So I guess I win right? :lol:

27. chiefsgal

Ratings:
    +443

what's the winning lotto numbers tonight..I mean you can see the future, right....:icon_shrug: where is it written who comes in first or last....:icon_shrug: nobody knows what will happen come sept...but I do know we won't be last......want to bet on it?????:yes:

28. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    The Chiefs could be good but I'm just looking at the odds, the Chiefs aren't a young team, key players are at the end of their careers, other than Larry Johnson, Derrick Johnson, Hali and Allen (who happens to be ticked off.) there aren't many great young players who are reaching their prime or are at it.

Then you look at the Raiders they have a great young defense, which is improving. All they really need to be is not be horrible on offense and it's not like they don't have the talent for it.

The Broncos are always good, and now that they aren't using Jake Plummer they could improve as a team, they have probably the 2 greatest starting CBs in the league, a good group a WRs and you know they always run well.

Then there's the Chargers who are loaded with young talented players and really the only negative is the HC (but we don't even know what he'll do since he hasn't coached for the Chargers yet).

I'm not saying I know the future or anything but it's tough not to see the problems with the Chiefs team right now. I mean you can only run Larry Johnson so many times before he breaks down. The Chiefs have been always a wild card team in my eyes the last few years, they're old but they have talent, you don't know how much longer they can last and any year they could just fall apart because of being such an old team.