1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chiefs sign Mike Goff?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by clontarf_bolt, Mar 25, 2009.

1. clontarf_bolt

clontarf_bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +40
    saw this on chargers.com forum

2. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Chiefs sign veteran lineman Mike Goff

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    And he didn't want to be our backup why?

4. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    I imagine he wants to start. But either way, the Chargers want to improve or stabilize the position, and were planning on letting him walk.

5. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Good luck to him.

6. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I wish the Goffer well - he's a good guy and did a hell of a job for us. Hopefully his knees hold up and he's able to enjoy playing a bit longer - just don't hope he beats us ;)

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I always liked him.

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Duke Robinson would be a nice replacement. :yes:

9. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +503
    I see Goff's doing a bit of whinging on UT today. Listen mate, u did ok, u played hurt etc. But if I had my way we shoulda had somebody in to beat u out ages ago.

Thanks for your efforts, now go and backup someone in KC.

10. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    — DANA POINT – Mike Goff will have a chance to continue his starting streak in Kansas City.

“It's nice to be at a place where you know you're wanted,” Goff said Wednesday after returning to San Diego for a few days.

The free agent right guard, who started every game in five seasons with the Chargers, received a two-year, $3.5 million contract from the Chiefs.

The Chiefs have needs in the interior of their offensive line, and there is even talk of putting him in the mix at center.

While stressing he is focusing on the good times he had as a Charger, Goff clearly leaves San Diego with a bitter taste, a resentment at how his time ended.

Despite numerous injuries, Goff, 33, has started 113 straight games, including in the playoffs, and he was perplexed that the Chargers made no attempt to re-sign him.

“It's kind of like getting blackballed out of the family,” Goff said. “I thought I performed at an optimal level. I guess somebody had to fall on the sword, and it was me.”

Goff said he grew increasingly excited about playing for the Chiefs after conversations with new General Manager Scott Pioli and coach Todd Haley.

“I'm excited with the energy that is there,” he said. “There is an attitude, like they are eager to win. It's like when I came here (in 2004) and talked with Marty (Schottenheimer), Hudson (Houck) and Cam (Cameron).”

Asked if that meant he felt the current Chargers coaching staff lacked the same fire, he paused.

“With the impressive competitors they have on that team, I don't think they'll allow it to go south,” he said.

Still, Goff says he leaves San Diego concentrating on the positives. “All things considered, it's the most success I've had in my career,” he said.

The Chargers went to the playoffs four of his five seasons and led the league in rushing in 2006.

“There are so many great memories I'm going to have to take with me,” he said.

11. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Good for Goffer.
    he brought a veterans toughness and presence to the OL when we really needd it. I wish him well except whenever he plays us.

12. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    We needed to get younger and unfortunately he is not getting younger.

I hope he has a good year next year - for 14 games anyhow...

13. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Seriously, when was the last time someone left and didn't whine like a baby?

Truth hurts. None of these guys are gonna admit they are falling off production wise, losing a step, ect. and THAT'S why they are not tendered a contract, it has nothing to do with blackballing, ect. So when AJ or any other gm does, they feel disrespected, unwanted, ect. Whatever.

Good luck to Mike (except for twice a year of course), always liked him, he helped solidify our line when it was really, REALLY bad, and he's been a great guy in the locker room.

14. Golfboy

Golfboy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    He got $3.5m from K.C. for 2 years. He's been a very good Charger and I wish him well, but at 33 is he worth 3.5m to the Chargers?
    Probably not.

15. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    That seems to be the case. Too much money and no toughts
    about taking new steps. If KC needs him as a starter so fare well.

Is he allowed tp talk about offensive scemes and playmaking to help KC's DEF to play better?