1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chiefs suspend Johnson indefinitely

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    October 27th, 2009 | NFL.com

The Kansas City Chiefs suspended RB Larry Johnson indefinitely on Tuesday, saying they are continuing to investigate his recent comments in which he reportedly belittled coach Todd Haley via Twitter and reportedly used gay slurs addressing media in the locker room. Johnson has been barred from practicing with the team or participating in team activities, with no timetable given for his return.
    Haley is expected to address the situation surrounding Johnson during a news conference Tuesday, which is scheduled for 2:40 p.m. ET. That news conference can be seen live on NFL Network.
    The Chiefs released a statement Tuesday announcing the decision on Johnson.
    “The Kansas City Chiefs and the National Football League are continuing to investigate the alleged comments made by Larry Johnson,” the statement read. “Until that review is complete, the Chiefs have instructed Larry to refrain from practicing with the Chiefs or participating in other team activities. A decision regarding Larry’s status will be made once the investigation has concluded.”
    Johnson released an apology of his own Tuesday through his representatives.
    “First of all, I want to apologize to the fans of the Kansas City Chiefs and the rest of the NFL, Commissioner Goodell, the Chiefs organization, Coach Todd Haley, his staff, and my teammates for the words I used yesterday,” the statement read. ”I regret my actions. The words were used by me in frustration, and they were not appropriate.
    “I did not intend to offend anyone, but that is no excuse for what I said. I also want to apologize to all the kids who view athletes as role models. I was not a good role model yesterday and hopefully I can become a better role model. We all make mistakes, and the challenge is to learn from them.
    “I will do my best to learn from this one as I move toward becoming a better person, teammate, and member of the Kansas City Chiefs team and community.”

2. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I reckon one reaps what he sow's.

3. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Twitter has bad influences on players. They get difficulties
    with their front office.

4. BossChief

BossChief BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    that and the fact LJ has been a completely worthless member of the Chiefs since he got paid.

We will be better without him as we were during his suspension last year.

Three years or so from now, you will hear about him pulling some dumb**** stunt like Lawrence Phillips or Pacman jones and go to prison for it.

5. MMJ4mil

MMJ4mil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    we should pick him up on the cheap if he gets released...

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    because he'd be better with us???

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    He & Maurice Clarrett would make a great RB duo. Maybe for the next remake of "The Longest Yard".

8. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    What a douche... enjoy you unpaid vacation jerkface!

9. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I wouldn't want him NEAR this Charger team! That dude is just bad news and is an immature idiot. I don't care HOW much talent he has. That is NOT what I want as a Charger! LJ is the "Anti LT" imo!

10. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Twitter!:tdown: What a jerk!

11. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    The NFL just needs to have a policy of no twitter.

We need like your Sig says Holy Bolt but say We Need to have a Twitter free NFL.

12. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    :no:

13. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    People were stupid long before Twitter. It just increases the speed and ease in which we hear their stupidity. In other words... don't shoot the messenger.

14. Holy_Bolt

Ratings:
    +362
    When it comes to Twitter the messenger should be shot! Self inflicted wound!

15. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Twitter....zero to idiot in 140 characters or less!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    An awful lot of these guys say this kind of stuff all the time around the league. Reporters generally ignore it and it gets edited out of video. Twitter just gives them a filter free format, instantly available at their whim, et Voila´, we get a peek at the quality of the minds and their educations. Student athlete, indeed. Like spoiled brats in a toy store.

17. Holy_Bolt

Ratings:
    +362
    So sad...but I believe true!

18. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Larry Johnson, say hello to Shaun Alexander in the unemployment line. :icon_rofl:

19. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
  20. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Yeah, Twitter increases the post-count to IQ ratio in the wrong direction. Players post before even bothering to think about what they've just done. It's like BS'ing with a friend at a bar, but in this case, the entire world is listening in on it.

Still, the all-time '***** of the century' award goes to Jimmy the Greek. He commented 20 years ago, on TV cameras that black athletes were naturally superior. His response was pretty much "because they were bred that way, ever since the days of slavery."

*facepalm*

Dude was fired from CBS Sports and never heard from again until his death by heart attack 8 years after that comment.

21. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,415
    I've never understood the appeal to Twitter.

It's essentially just a facebook/myspace status update site with nothing else those sites have and it limits how many characters you can use, forcing people to use lame internet shorthand words.

22. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    "i c u h8 twitr but dont h8 alluv us dat uz it cuz it haz sum gud stuf!1!!!1111!!!"

• Like Like x 1
  23. MMJ4mil

MMJ4mil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    i would take him as a player not a person. i could care less what a player does off the field...

• Like Like x 1
  24. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

Chiefs To Release Larry Johnson

27th October, 2009 - 7:29 pm Jeff Risdon/RealGM - The Kansas City Chiefs will sever ties with problematic running back Larry Johnson, according to a team source that spoke to RealGM's Jeff Risdon on Tuesday afternoon.

The league and the team are investigating a pair of recent incidents, including one where Johnson used a gay slur. This is not the first time Johnson has gotten himself in trouble by using a gay slur, having had to apologize for the same offense last season. He was forced to apologize for this, as well as for negative comments directed at head coach Todd Haley. Haley has thus far refused comment.

The team has barred Johnson from any contact with the team.

This is a precursory move before the team formally releases Johnson before the end of the week, according to the source.

Part of the delay in releasing him involves going through the NFL’s disciplinary investigation, but the source was adamant that Larry Johnson has played his last game in Kansas City.

25. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Puh-leeze .... :tdown:

26. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Would he be willing to live in Hillcrest?

27. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    He's disgruntled, and I don't blame him. But he is some sort of Cancer in the locker room. Some team would pick him up (cough, cough, Raiders) if he got released, as a back up on a winning team making a push for the playoffs with some RB injuries.

Which wouldn't be the Raiders, so who knows :icon_shrug::icon_shrug:

28. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    LMAO.... very funny.
    :icon_rofl:

29. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703