1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chiefs trade for Alex Smith

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Feb 24, 2013.

1. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294

All Oak is doing with this rumor is pushing one of the teams to come up and get the 1st qb off the board. Oak also doesnt have a 2nd round pick this year. So you know they would love to trade down and pick up more picks and prob some next year picks. My bet? Someone bites on it harder than KC for A Smith. I think KC now is stuck with goin for Joekel and HOPING they can find a decent backup in the third.... Too bad too they could have had Geno and taken Tavon Austin or another top tier WR with that 2nd rounder. Course I also think its a good bet to watch KC draft Geno and let the Smiths duke it out for the job. They should keep Albert and ignore Joelek and go for a Pass Rusher. They could keep Bowe but nows a perfect time for them to cut ties. Maybe they go out on a limb and take Patterson or Allen...

2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,374
    Cassel looked a lot better in NE than he did in KC, too. Smith played behind arguable the best OL in the league the last 2 years and he had a great defense. He was not asked to win games.

3. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +636
    Agree with Cassel, mainly because NE is a system. He didn't look too bad in 2010, don't know what happened.

Smith did have 7 game winning drives last year, in which he threw 7 TD's. Can't give him no credit for that.

4. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Cassel didn't look terrible in 2010 when he had a good OC in Charlie Weis. Once he lost Weis, he fell apart. Coincidentally, Alex Smith didn't even sniff Cassel's 2010 #'s until 2011 when Harbaugh was hired.

Agree or disagree, I see them as similar players, both can be servicable players in the right situation and both can be atrocious in the desk isn't stacked in their favor.

With that said, I always love seeing divisional rivals waste draft picks to get a guy that isn't an upgrade over what they already have.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1