1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chris Berman...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BlueandGold, Oct 7, 2007.

1. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    ...just came up with what may be his most fitting nickname ever.

Michael Turner "Overdrive".

On a somewhat related note, during the Sunday Night football broadcast (commenting on Benson's lack of production), Al Michaels commented (wrongly) that LT had nearly 160 yards rushing. John Madden said, "Cedric Benson is no LT". A few plays later, Michaels corrected himself and said it was Michael Turner with the big yardage. John Madden said, "Benson's no Michael Turner, either". :icon_rofl:

I'm going to miss the Burner when he leaves, but he certainly deserves his shot.

2. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    We have got to find a way to re-sign him ..

3. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

Madden is simply the best.

4. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Berman is a Rock and Roll fan
    There used to be a group called "BACHMAN TURNER OVERDRIVE" and Berman has a nickname for a lot of players.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    I still like Burner for Turner but that was pretty creative

Berman's a huge Bolts fan

6. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Totally agree red. We HAVE to find a way to resign the Burner. Love the nickname, but the "Burner" is perfect. Come on AJ sign his arse! He gives LT a valuable breather and vice versa. Man, I go play golf at Sycuan and then we kick some serious BUTT. Man, I should go play golf every Sunday! (just kidding) I want to WITNESS the beatdown of the Faiders first hand this Sunday!!!! Still need a passrush, but hell, 41 points and a big victory is much better! :yes:

7. pgreenbe305

pgreenbe305 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +22
    I second the sentiments on the Raiders- I hated them in SD, and then when I had to move to Denver, I hated them there (because a raider fan is a raider fan, no matter where they are). I think I hate Raider Fans more than I hate the Raiders though- same with the Patriots... their fans are worse than the team. Chowder-heads...

At least in TX, I just have to deal with idiot UT Longhorn fans & Cowboys bandwagoners.

That is all...

8. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    In the old days, I had a "respect hatred" for the Raiders, they were good and often beat us. But there hasn't been much to hate with the Raiders the past few years.

Their fans are another matter.

I can't stand them as a whole, though I have a few Raider fan friends who are not obnoxious *****. They haven't been as bad lately, as their big thing is beating their chests and rubbing your nose in their wins. Since they haven't had a lot of success the past few years, they have been dormant. But two wins over the Browns (2-3) and the Dolphins (0-5) have them thinking they are going to the Super Bowl, so they are emerging from the shadows.

Hopefully, we can send them back Sunday. :abq2:

9. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Damn, well said Savage. Let's send their azzes back to where they belong!! The Bottom....

10. Monkeybacon

Monkeybacon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    Nice photo of the raider fans. I especially like the little turdlet on the right. He's not bumming because of the game. He's bumming because Daddy is going to kick the crap out of him and the dog when they get home.

:lol:

• Like Like x 1
  11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I hope we have Turner next season!!!

Where we finish may be a deciding factor for him!!

12. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Every chicken I BBQ for the next 6 months will be a burnt offering for this to happen.