1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chris Chambers has been released

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Skuzzlebutt, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    According to Acee Twitter.

Surprising...

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Darren Smith and Jenny Cavnar from Ch4 are both reporting it too

Whoa!!! :icon_huh:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    Next two tweets from Acee:

Kassim Osgood will get work at receiver now, NORV SAYS. and Buster too, maybe.

and

The primary reason for CC axe was Floyd's emergence. Defensively and in the kicking need to get help. Will add a LB in the next few days.

4. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Looks like a huge vote of confidence and a promotion to the #2 receiver position for Malcom Floyd.

Important Safety Tip: Do not go on Twitter and complain about your lack of reps when you keep dropping balls.

13 in a row...not pretty but it sure feels good!

• Like Like x 1
  5. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I heard on the radio this morning that Chambers felt disrespected because he didn't get rotated like Norv said

• Like Like x 1
  6. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Yeah, in his postgame comments he said some things about being upset because he wasn't rotated in as much as Norv said he'd be. I think this has more to do with Chambers' attitude than Floyd's emergence. Chambers was struggling and he was not handling it well. I think it also might have something to do with Dobbins injury and needing a roster spot for another MLB.

7. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Wow, kind of surprised. But does this mean Bust Davis should suit up now? :icon_shrug:

8. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    If he doesn't pull/break something in the process of putting his uniform on.

9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
  10. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Somewhat surprising move...but I guess since he was probably gone at the end of the year anyway and Floyd is playing better and better each week it's probably not a bad time to do this.

I could also see this as a shot across the bow to Bust(er) telling him it's time to get off the sidelines and earn his keep, or else...

11. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Wow, good luck to him. He did have good games while he was here, but he was just awful this season and it's obvious he wasn't really willing to just be benched so I guess it was best to let him go, I'm sure there are teams who are more than willing to have him start for them.

If a team picks him up off waivers the Chargers don't have to pay the remainder of his deal this season.

12. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Kapow! Message to the team?

13. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I could be wrong but the very first play last week for us I thought I saw Osgood in just to the left of McNeil. Then that was the last of him that I saw. Thought it was weird seeing him in there.

14. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    Thanks Chris. You were a fine receiver for a few years until you got hurt and then the emergence of M80 and your recent inability to get open and hang on to the football... best of luck in the future. BTW... be careful packing up the breakables around your house. The way you've been dropping things lately...

Go Chargers... nice beat down on the Raiders... any "W" is a good "W"... especially against Oakland.

15. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    He didn't meet the minimum height requirement.

I liked Chambers and wish him the best. How quickly things can go wrong in this league.

Would be good to see if KO can actually get a few balls.

16. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    This is so stupid. Why would you just straight out release a veteran receiver like Chambers? So what if he had a few bad games? What happens if VJ goes down? Chambers is a much better receiver than Nanee, Osgood and Davis combined. Why now why in the middle of the freaking season? Yeah M80 is getting better. But Chambers still has big game ability and is a proven vet with playoff experience.

Man this just sucks. He's going to get picked up quick and by a team that we probably will have to face. Stupid Norv and/or AJ.

17. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I liked Chambers but he was having some problems on the field lately, and when I read his comments this morning I didn't think it would sit well.

18. sd-local

sd-local BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    I'm with Ray. Veterans such as Chambers and Hart clearly weren't getting the job done, but it's what you (management/coaching staff) gave us to work with. If a vested veteran isn't preforming at the highest level possible you put him on the bench and look for an replacement on your roster, since we never make moves.

But just like Ray said, what if VJ or Floyd go down?

19. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    If they go down then you better hope Naane (maybe), Osgood (doubt it) or Davis (no) can replace him. Because Floyd's gone down like every year he's played.

20. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    I originally didn't have any problem with this roster move, but you make a good point. I agree that if we lost VJ then we would NEED Chambers out there. Lets hope we never have to worry about it.

21. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

maybe. but my money is this doesn't make page 2 of the sports section

22. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Read that Chambers was released to sign a replacement for Dobbins. Then why the hell don't you waive Davis instead?

It all came down to money. The Bolts are hoping for another team to sign him that that they won't have to owe him his $2.5 mill. :no:

23. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    :icon_huh: :icon_shrug:

24. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    I like Naane in the flat and VJ/Gates posting on the sidelines. from that you can hit one of four targets within about 3 seconds. LT, VJ, Gates or Naane. Naane is clutch at 5-15 yds in traffic. A bigger Welker, if you will.

Run this same formation every time and change up from run to option to screen to streak/bomb. Simple. Now can I be the OC? :lol:

25. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
  26. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Chambers has been awful this season, yea he was great in the past but ever since his injury he's been no where near his former self. What makes you guys think he'll all of sudden play well if someone got hurt? He was already starting.

And it isn't like he's had a few bad games, he's been awful all season, he hasn't even had 1 decent game this season. He's a fa when season ends so we're not re-signing him.

So if you aren't going to re-sign him and he's not producing then what's the point of keeping him.

At least with Davis he's signed past this season and now we can see what he's got. Honestly I'd rather have Davis play than Chambers at this point.

9 catches 122 yards 1 TD, that's just awful 7 games into a season as a starter.

27. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Thank You! Now I don't have to listen to Retired Catholic complain about him any more. :lol::icon_rofl:

28. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Seriously I don't think this was the time to cut him. He still has the potential to be a player. Let the season end then release him. I hope this doesn't come back to bite us. There has to be more to this story. I would take him over the Buster or the Lagmedo.

29. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    Now maybe my boy can get on the field. Having to lug around this inactive sig all season has been tiresome.

• Like Like x 1
  30. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    I wonder if Chambers will end up back in Miami :icon_shrug: