1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Clark Judge - Rating smartest, boldest, scariest offseason moves

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by wrbanwal, May 14, 2009.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I pretty much agree with this. I like the way Philly addressed their line problems and picked up a few draft picks along the way.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11743195

Five boldest moves

Bold alright, maybe not smart. :no:

Chicago trading for Jay Cutler

Give Chicago GM Jerry Angelo this: He took a giant step to correct Chicago's unstable situation at quarterback. Bears' fans want to portray Josh McDaniels and Brian Xanders as modern-day Harry Frazees, but I'd be careful, people: Cutler hasn't had a winning season since high school. Sure, he has a raft of talent, throws a pretty pass and piles up yardage. So did Jeff George. Cutler also has a 17-20 record as a starter and couldn't close the deal a year ago when one win the last three weeks -- one lousy win -- would've put the Broncos in the playoffs.

The question for me is this: Will Cutler handle the winter winds in Chicago better than he handled this spring's trade rumors? If not, get ready for more whining. I also want to see who serves as Brandon Marshall. I mean, Eddie Royal. How about Brandon Stokley? I smell trouble. Second City has a lot of third receivers.

And of course, our weekly trashing of Oakland :lol:

Five biggest gambles

Oakland passing up Michael Crabtree and Jeremy Maclin to take ... Darrius Heyward-Bey?

Are you kidding me? Anyone who can read a draft board knows you take the higher-rated receiver, and if Heyward-Bey was higher on the Raiders' board than Crabtree and Maclin the only explanation is that Casey Kasem must be doing the scouting. I know Heyward-Bey can fly. I know he has a world of potential, too. But potential means something could happen; with Crabtree and Maclin, something did: In two seasons Crabtree scored 41 times and Maclin 33. Heyward-Bey never had more than five touchdowns in a season. Maclin also led everyone in major-college football by averaging 202 all-purpose yards per game. If this was all about speed the Raiders should have hired Usain Bolt.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...I agree with all the kudos directed at Philly. They did one helluva great job with their draft and off-season moves. In a division containing two of my most hated teams Sheli's Gnats and the Cowpokes...I couldn't be happier for the Eagles and their fans. I do wish Dawkins had accepted their multi-year deal instead of accepting the Donks offer though. Donovan and Dawkins deserve a Lombardi as much as L.T. or anyone IMHO :tup:

3. swishbish33

swishbish33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Wow, I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they were happy for Philly fans.

4. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    I'm happy that Philly fans live in a god-forsaken sewer.