1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Clary - Broken Leg?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I just saw on twitter that Clary had a broken leg. Can anyone confirm? Has there been any news about this in San Diego?

2. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    No confirmation from me, but that is sure what it looked like and what I assumed when watching it live.

3. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    All I know is Norv said it was "serious" so... take that for what you will. :( Sucks... not even the same leg as the sprain!

4. Bergo23

Bergo23 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    I guess its Dombrowski then, maybe Clark? We are going to have Manu in to help that side of opponents pass rush, cuz Dombrowski is a turnstyle. I know people like to complain about Clary, but we are really going ot regret not taking Oher.

5. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    I'm guessing it's a broken bone.... hopefully, it isn't a clean break (not that I know diddly about broken bones).... maybe he will be ready by end of the season.

6. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Norv said the injury to Clary looked like it was more serious than he'd like it to be. So not good.

7. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Nicky should be back next week - so Mooch would likely slide over vs. Dombrowski. Even if we don't get Nicky back until the following week tho, I am hopeful Dombrowski can hang in there vs. the Cheifs at home. He's young, but he's a hard worker and got some good experience earlier this season. Fingers crossed :unsure:

8. Bergo23

Bergo23 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    Mooch hasn't played outside, but maybe he can be. I am excited we have the Chefs and Browns the next two weeks to Iron out these issues cuz we will need a solution come December and January.

9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    At least bring Runyan in & kick the tires.

10. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    No chance Mooch can play Tackle. We either give Dombrowkski or Clark a shot or look for an experiences serviceable vet on the scrap heap.

Isn't funny how one minute everyone is on Clary's back then he goes down and the world has ended!!?. Clary is a decent RT and was only going to get better. :tup:

11. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I'm pretty sure that Dombrowski will be playing RT next week ( or more :icon_sad: ). Clark should be the backup to him. I have confidence in Norv and his coaching staff that they will do what has to be done to help him if necessary.

12. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    :yes:

13. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I just spoke with Clary's cousin. Broken ankle.

14. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Crap :( that sucks big time

15. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    I'm one of the few outspoken members here that constantly ride Clary for being, well... Clary.

It sucks that he's hurt, I would never wish that on any Charger player.

It wasn't so much that he sucked, it was that he was the weakest link on our line, and you know what they say, you're as good as your weakest link. A lot of members here gripe because it was a known weakness on our team that hasn't been addressed in previous drafts or through free agency. I bet if someone reviewed all the tapes, they can see that the right side of our line has given up a majority of the sacks. So while we had a semi-average or below average RT, we're going to have someone who was a backup to that guy playing now.

Do I want to drive the KIA, or the Daewoo? (Sorry for the Korean manufactured car reference, no disrespect intended to any Korean members.) Both cars suck, imo. But I guess if those were the only cars (RTs) available, I say roll with them until you can get something better.

What's the recovery time on a broken ankle? We have 7/8 weeks left before the start of the playoffs. Don't you think we would rather put Clary on IR and pick up someone who we could throw into the RT competition and go forth with the best of the three (Free Agent RT, Corey Clark, or Brandon Dymbrowski)?

• Like Like x 1
  16. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    At the very least with a few weak opponents coming up I'd like to see what Dombrowski and Clark can do. Clark we drafted and he was an accomplished run blocker and tackle at Texas A&M, Dombrowski has been a great swing man this year so hopefully he can show some skills at RT. We've been wondering what we had behind Clary, so now let's see what happens.

17. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Man I feel bad for Clary, he's become a solid RT in a short time. Runyan would be a great pick up for half a season. But we all know that AJ pretty much avoids signing veteran guys.

18. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +128
    Latest Acee Tweet:

sdutChargers

Clary has a ligament strain in left ankle and will be out a few games at least. Castillo calf strain, could play vs. KC--ka

and next:

sdutChargers

Norv says he's concerned Clary could be out the rest of the season. But source says team will wait to decide whether to put him on IR -- ka

19. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Hope he gets better soon, we're gonna need him at the end of next month (never thought I'd be typing that).

Isn't it funny how our season is shaping up? Dude gets hurt, we need to break in another OL and who's coming up on the schedule just in time? The ****** *** Chiefs and terrible Browns. :lol:

2-3, just lost a huge division game to current arch rival broncos and what happens? 2 b2b games against the Turds and Chiefs to get the good mojo going again. 2 wins in a row got us feeling pretty good about ourselves, enough to roll into NY and beat the Gs in their house, then home to take down another big time opponent in Philly. When we've need a pick me up game, there it is.

Sometimes life is funny that way.

20. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I endorse this message. :tup:

21. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    It could be worse.