1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Clary Could be Back this Year

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltssbbound, Nov 23, 2009.

1. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    From Acee:

"Clary has a ligament strain in left ankle and will be out a few games at least. Castillo calf strain, could play vs. KC"

Don't know if I buy a "ligament strain." Never seen a guy carted off for a strain. But at least he has not been immediately ruled out to return this season. That's something.

2. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    We've had a rash of ankle problems this year. What's up with that??? :icon_shrug::icon_huh:

3. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I remember like five or six years ago, one preseason we had like 10+ guys go down (inlcuding like the entire o-line) with "high ankle sprains." This was back in the Fonoti era of the o-line.

That was a rash of ankle problems. :yes: :lol:

4. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Seriously though... the Clary sack-licking is a little humorous. The majority of posters wanted him crucified after week 6. What a difference a month makes I guess.

I still think Clary is one grade above a scrub and I'd just assume start trying out his replacements.

Send him to the IR.

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I thought his ankle was broken? :icon_shrug:

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    According to his cousin it is. Guess we will have to wait and see...

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I guess I just don't get why people have to say anyone giving props to someone they don't like is people licking the unliked persons sack...

There have been bigger names that have had fans change perspective on. Anyone heard of someone named LT? Its the nature of the beast... Can you say that Clary has been playing poorly?

8. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    sometimes a broken bone is faster recovery time than a strained/torn ligament/tendon/muscle...

although a broken ankle might not be one of those injuries. :icon_shrug:

9. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Nah man, it's no so much ball licking as it is a testament to the fickle nature of fans. I'm not above the fray by any stretch and I was down and out after the Denver loss. There was so much ire for Clary 5 games ago, now so much love. It just seems a little disingenuous. And none of that is directed at you because you're commitment to a positive outlook is beyond reproach.

Clary has been good for a month, yes. Is he better than 1/2 the second string tackles in the league? I don't know. I don't think he's suddenly become a more talented player in the last month, I think the guys just more or less got on the same page. Synergy is huge along the O-line and I it's going to get mixed up now regardless. Clary is proficient, but I think we can find another guy of equal or greater proficiency and in the time it's going to take Clary to heal, that guy can probably be just as good. Just my opinion tho.

10. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I would like to think it is less disingenuous and more a testimony to the fact that we love to see those who we dont think can do the job prove us wrong.

Is Clary a star linesman, nah, but IMO he is a work horse and will always try and get better.

I have gone on record as saying that a lot of the flak Clary has taken is because of the make shift offensive line, and Vasquez having to develop his run blocking on the job.

But I tend to hope most of our players break out and be big... Guess it is the homer in me... :lol: :tup:

11. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    When I left work I was told 6-8 weeks and he was flying back east tomorrow for surgery... I hope it is just a strain...