1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Clary signs one-year contract with Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

4-15-2010

San Diego Chargers offensive tackle Jeromey Clary signed the team’s one-year contract tender offer.

San Diego Chargers offensive tackle Jeromey Clary[​IMG] signed the team’s one-year contract tender offer today. The Chargers extended the tender valued at $1.684 million in order to maintain their first right of refusal for Clary, who was a Restricted Free Agent.

Clary has started 32 of 42 games played in the last three seasons, including the first 10 games in ’09 prior to being placed on Reserve-Injured due to an ankle injury.

2. Boltzlover

Boltzlover BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    That's good, it means he is healing up satisfactorily.

• Like Like x 1
  3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Good, cuz thats the way he plays.:icon_tease:

4. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Yay. Count me among the few I guess that beleives in Clary. (other than the Front Office)

So there are what 2-3 days left for the RFAs to sign? I guess any news is better than no news.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bolt-tastic voyage

Bolt-tastic voyage BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    I actually believe in him too. His main flaw was that he would make bonehead mistakes like offside penalties at key moments. But he is a big man who plays angry. He'll be solid and I know Dumbo played his heart out but he isn't as good as Clary. That said I wouldn't ind an upgrade.

6. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 15, 2010 5:25 PM ET

Thursday is the deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets, so naturally it's the day a lot of players decided to re-sign with their teams.

Ok so thursday was the deadline to sign.... i forget but what happens next? With Mac VJac and Floyd?

7. keoni boi

keoni boi BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5
    That's cool! I like his play.

• Like Like x 1
  8. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +60
    Good news:tup:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Count me in as a proud member of Clary's Crew!:tup:

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I've been one to bust Clary's *** hard - just ask Conc. :yes:

Yet the bottom line is that he's done a more than just serviceable job at RT. Could we upgrade? Yes, we quite likely could. The fact is, there probably isn't a single position on this team that COULDN'T be upgraded with the possible exception of QB.

Clary will always struggle with speed rushers. He just doesn't have great foot speed. But guess what? Most of the guys with great foot speed play on the left side. Clary's a hard worker & is going to give you 110% whenever he's on the field, be it game time or practice. That's a helluva lot more than I can say for many players who are more highly respected.

Maybe a few of you who are so down on Clary should take heed to the classic line in this video. I think you'll be able to figure out which one I mean. :icon_tease:

11. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    they can no longer negotiate with other teams, only with the Chargers, they can still sign their tenders

12. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Good for Jerome and good for the Chargers

13. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I bet most of you did cartwheels when Shane Olivea signed his deal as well :icon_rofl: