1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"Classic Norv" is back!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Nov 5, 2007.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    It was fun beating up on horrible teams. Wasn't it?!!!
    But it sucks when you have no chance against average teams!!!

The weak team schedule was fun for while it lasted but too bad the whole NFL isn't horrible!!!

As much as I hate Norv, I drank the Kool-Aid.
    My system wanted to regurgitate it but I squeezed my throat in hope that this was a special exception!!

I know that most of you know your football.
    So just admit that we're in a much worse situation than the Marty era.
    It's OK!!!!

As most of you used to say... "Don't blame the players."
    Well that's ALL you do these days!!!
    What the Hell is with that?
    Did Norv bring you flowers or something!!!!

It's really amazing how most of you were after Marty's head but now, you hold Norv like a sticky centerfold in your sheets.

I will stop with the "Norv Sucks" threads if you explain why your love for Norv is romantic and your hate for Marty is execution.

If Norv was in the same situation in Baltimore, New York, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, ect. he be fired with fan approval!!!

I think you just don't want to admit that you were wrong!!!!
    Well... Better late than never!!!!

2. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +911
    Here's the thing...

I think that there were very few, if any, people here who were thrilled with the hiring of Norv. I know I wasn't.

But being fans, you sell it to yourself. OK, continuity is a good thing, Norv used to be the offensive coordinator here, he had success elsewhere as an OC, he had ****** teams before, he's never had this much talent, etc.

It's not that you had some special insight that nobody else did. No matter how much you want to believe it, you weren't any smarter than anyone else. It's just that most of the rest of us were being fans.

You seem to be happy about the losses, because then you get to be the "Norv Sucks Guy." You waste no time starting the next "Norv Sucks" thread. You get to gloat, tell every one over, and over, and over, and over again how you were right about Norv. I could well be wrong, but it seems like you enjoy the attention, otherwise why would you start a hundred threads that all say the same thing.

The game plan yesterday was baffling, I don't understand what they were trying to accomplish. The play calling was atrocious, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I was not thrilled with the hiring of Norv, but I hoped he would finally get it right. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

3. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    well, at least someone here is happy about it

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    What continuity?!!!!!!
    I don't see any.
    We're peddleing backwards at full speed!!!

I did try to sell it to myself...
    "As much as I hate Norv, I drank the Kool-Aid.
    My system wanted to regurgitate it but I squeezed my throat in hope that this was a special exception!!"

I'm not happy at all. I'm furious!!!
    All that I feared would happen is happening at a tremendous speed!!!

5. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Actually, no he wouldn't.

Sure, fans would be calling for his head (and Chargers fans are doing that as well...some of em anyways) but he wouldn't be fired mid season in his first year.

Perhaps in the offseason if this crap kept up....and he'd probably see the same fate here....and with fan approval.

so, in short, what exactly are you complaining about?

Fabricated "soft" fans just because they don't start multiple threads like you right now?

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Seems I'm the ONLY one who realizes how bad our coaching and team chemistry has regressed!

Last season, every loss was a call for Marty's head and don't blame the players.
    This season it's "The players need to man up and it's not Norv's job to motivate."

7. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Then maybe you're not looking hard enough.

Every other Chargers fan I know isn't too happy with Norval right now, myself included.

90 percent of us didn't like the hire from the get-go.

8. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

We lost 3 games last year

Marty's head wasn't ordered until that 2nd half performance against the Pats

:icon_shrug:

9. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    Anyone who called for Marty's job last year during the regular season while he was going 14-2 was, to put it lightly, being really dumb.

(I wasn't amongst those calling for his job after they lost the playoff game, but I can certainly understand the viewpoint of those who did.)

10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,628
    Here's what it's all about. B4L, you have just shown your ***.

Congratulations my friend, you are a true genius. Thanks God you are here to fill all us idiots in who can't see for ourselves that Norv is not getting the job done. I don't know where we'd be as an internet community without you around to bash us in the head repeatedly with the "truth".

I nominate B4L for Bolttalk Super #1 Totally Awesome Poster of the Year!

• Like Like x 1
  11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Whoe!!!
    I am not calling anybody an idiot or insinuating that.
    I guess just lack of understanding why most people in here aren't as furious as I am.

Thanks for the kind words. :flag:

12. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Norv buys his t-shirts from sweatshops that use child labor! :icon_eek:

13. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    When you say you're the only one who realizes something that's pretty obvious the insinuation is that those who don't are idiots.

You may not intend on making this insinuation, but the insinuation is made none-the-less.

14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I said "It seems like."

Maybe my tolerance is lower. Who knows? :icon_shrug:

15. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,628
    In other worst, IT SEEMS LIKE you're the only one who has a clue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    ouch man... just ouch

17. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +1,919
    If it seems like nobody but you realizes it then you're really not looking hard enough.

18. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Damn RTL.

A woman doesn't agree with you so you beat her up?!!!! :icon_eek:
    Not a good reflection on your character. I though you were cool!!

19. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    The Chargers are just another 8-8 team right there with Buffalo and Cleveland. We will be underdogs against the Lions and Titans, and our biggest remaining game of the year will be whether or not we can beat the Chefs in KC to salvage a lost season and possibly crawl into the playoffs.

All this from a franchise who proclaimed, "it doesn't matter what happens in the regular season, it matters what happens in the playoffs".

The "AJ is God" crowd must certainly acknowledge his role in destroying this team in the same way they praised him for building it.

The hiring of Norv Turner has been no less catastrophic than the drafting of Ryan Leaf. We were bad when we drafted Leaf and stayed bad. We were good when we hired Norv and became bad.

Like I've said all year, Norv's job has never been just to duplicate Marty's success, it is to bring us a championship. Nothing less. That was the job description. We were warned, and I'll hold AJ personally accountable when we add up the chips at season's end.

-Bristol University

20. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    :icon_eek:

21. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +911
    You equate numerous repetitive threads to "knowing?"

We all know. But most of us realize that A.J. Smith doesn't give a flying f*ck who we want as a coach, and we realize bemoaning the same thing over and over is just tiresome.

22. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +911
    Trust me, people are. They just don't show it constantly gloating over how they are right (though most people already know the same thing).

23. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I'm furious too. The point I have against B4Life is the Marty love. Marty fucqing sucked ***.

But, people equate me thinking Marty sucks by believing I must like Norv. That isn't the case at all. Again, Norv was the HC candidate I did NOT want. I just sent Acee a question for his mailbag:
    Did y'all see the Ben Leber quote? Seems like we see these type of things all the time. The Ravens said the same thing last year in our loss to them. KC said the same crap earlier this season.

This stupid predictability stuff is why I hated Marty. Now, Norv is doing the same crap this year. Why do all the other teams know our tendencies, but we never do anything to change it? Why are we always surprised when other teams do something different (like the Vikes blitzing - which many teams have done to us, or the Pats spread offense, or ....)

UT story

24. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    B4L, I don't like the Norv hiring either. Let it die though, we're stuck with him unless something happens in the FO.

25. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I nominate this as the most succinct & accurate post of the entire freakin' thread. :tup:

The Turner/Cottrell hiring was my absolute LAST choice for HC/DC. But, alas, AJ did not consult me on this decision.

So I'm trying to weather this period of unbelievable narcissism by AJ, let him see the error of his ways, & can his "yes" men as soon as the season is over. Make up whatever crap he needs to invent to assuage his ego. My advice (like it matters :lol:) - stick to player evaluation.

Face it, folks - failed experiment. We may win our division yet, but I don't see this as being our year. AJ, with Marty's help, phuced us all this year. Continuity? The continuity that I wanted to see was under the "W" column - period. And we can thank AJ, AND MARTY, for that, Bolt bros & sisters. Just to remind everyone of my stance - No MArty Fan Either.

So here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna root for the team. I'm gonna continue to call it like I see it & listen to the other takes on this board. I'm probably never gonna warm up to Turner as HC/Cottrell anywhere NEAR this team combo. I'll give credit where credit is due.

And I'll root for the Chargers every time they play - whether in San Diego or Fargo. I'm a Charger fan, this is my team. Just like a family.

26. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

What I state is NOT Marty love!
    It's knowing that firing him the way they did was premature and WOULD be damaging!!!

The guy had one year left in his contract. Why not let him finish it?
    That way, we'd make the playoffs (not by default either).
    If we lost, that's still one more year of post season experience.
    The table would be set for a new head coach in 2008!!!
    That would be "worst case scenario" of having Marty still here!!!

Now we're in danger of seeing a great Chargers era, destroyed!!!
    All this talk about how Norv had no talent to work with in Washington or Oakland is absolute crap!!!
    This is the third team he's pounded into the ground!!

Some fans wanted Marty gone at ALL cost (I don't know about you in particular) regardless of who his replacement would be.
    That is thinking prematurely!!!

27. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Bullshit. You've been giving Marty a virtual forum ******** since the season started.

28. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

You've bent over and been AJ's true "butty" since he canned Marty.

Go bicker with someone else!!!

29. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    So what does Marty's jism taste like?

30. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I said "Go bicker with someone else!!!"

*** Cave!!!