1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Clayton: 10 offensive players to watch

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
  2. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    LT? No, he blew it too many times for me to ever think he's still an actual piece of the Chargers' passing attack. He needs to be there so that teams don't just judge the next play on whether or not LT is in, but a viable option? No, I really hope not. I don't blame Rivers for those dropped passes.

3. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

What? He caught 52 passes last year, which is right in line with previous seasons. 60 in 07, 56 in 06, 51 in 05.....

Not to mention that Rivers seems to have a horrible time throwing to him out of the backfield. There were numerous passes that were thrown at the back of his head when he was still running a route. But if you're just talking about the screen game, then I don't see how you could say that he isn't a viable option anymore. He's been one of the best receiving options as a runningback in the history of the NFL, and I'd need to see more than one season of fan perceived struggles in the passing game before I said that he suddenly wasn't a viable option anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Hmmm. Numbers don't lie. I just remember him being so reliable and it looked like he wasn't there for Rivers but maybe that is because 1.) people remember failure more than success, 2.) it was the most recent season, and 3.) going off number one still, it wasn't a pretty season.

5. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    yeah, i mean there were times where LT didnt even look or it went right through his hands and stuff, but dont get me wrong, hes still a beast