1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cleveland Must Have Moral Commitment to Sucking...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by The LBC, Feb 4, 2015.

1. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,394
    Despite the fact that the lazy, sensationalist media is trying to make "Textgate" happen, I refuse to put it in the title on principle.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ose-a-draft-pick-ray-farmer-may-be-suspended/

I mean, I knew Jimmy Haslam was a crap owner when he first bought the team. But, just... whenever you think we've got it bad, take a look over to Cleveland. Truly the Factory of Sadness, and committed to maintaining that title.

Now granted, any of you who know me know that I loathe "Peaches" LaCanfora as any sort of credible news source - he's more of a barnacle who tries to jump other reporters' scoops prematurely and usually ends up reporting more wrong than truth. But, the guy actually does have a pretty damn good grasp on football (if a complete lack of good personal sources) so his editorials are something I do put some credence in.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25038103

This one in particular is pretty damning.

2. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,725
    Don't ask what Browns can do for you. It's lame.

3. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    Slow motion train wreck?

4. Andres M188

Andres M188 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    Hmm... I really dislike the -gate "scandals", it's as if the media is trying to make something more large scale than what it should be. Yet the media will shy away from Spousel-abuse-gate or not-for-profit-gate or concussion-gate or on and on and on.

5. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Did you really insinuate the media shied away from "concoussion-gate" as if that wasn't all I heard about in NFL related news for almost a year?

6. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    Cleveland is a diaster. Manizel just admitted to a cocicaine addiction and is in rehab. The are truly the worst sports CITY anywhere.

7. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,725
    ^^^His agent told him they were powdered donuts...

8. The Lightning Will

The Lightning Will BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Cleveland has a few NFL championships and the Cavs will probably win something with Lebron eventually. A lot of people from Cleveland root for and attend Ohio State, which, although not super close to the city itself, has quite a few championships.

We native San Diegans, I guess, have had success at Little League World Series, Indoor Soccer, and probably things like the X games and surfing. But, as far as sports people watch, we suck. We're worse than Cleveland.

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I wear our bad-luck in sports as a badge of "Suck it." Any time I hear somebody complaining about the Browns, the Cubs or, in the old days, the Red Sox, I reminisce back to the prime of my life - frigid 70-degree winter days watching Billy Joe Tolliver overthrow passes into the field goal net, and think, "Suck it you whiny bitches."

9. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    You think the Chargers are the worst sports team? You must be one sad defeated fan. You'll fit righr in with the UT forum members.

10. The Lightning Will

The Lightning Will BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56

No.