1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

CNN: Divorce could cost Paul McCartney $380M

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bolt Bot, May 18, 2006.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I remember when McCartney got married.
    I feel bad for the guy, unromantic or not, he should have got the pre-nup.

2. LT teh ghost

LT teh ghost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +313
    I should have married him:crying:

3. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    :icon_mrgreen::icon_razz::icon_mrgreen:

4. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I'm not big on prenups.... because I would go into the marriage planning on forever. That is very unrealistic these days and I'm a perfect example....

That said... If one of the parties is rolling in dough and the other is not even in the same league, financially.... the only prudent thing for the "rich" one is to protect his/her assets...

Yup, the Paul McCartney types need a prenup and to stay away from states, like Utah and a few others, that apply Common Law.......:icon_wink:

5. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    $380 million?!?!?!??

That's bullcrap.

They've only been married for 4 years. No way has she been with him long enough to help him earn a half a billion dollars or more.

I would think she's entitled only to half the earnings he made while they were married.

So, about $60 millon or so since he gets about $30 million a year in royalties and income.

Throw in another $20 million in "protection" fees for the next 20 or so years.

Anyone who says they can't live on $60 million should just be shot on the spot.