1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

CNN: Phony Web site mocks conservative

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bolt Bot, May 5, 2006.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I think it's kinda funny. She expresses her freedom of speech with the use of some satire, and bam, she gets fired. Actually, it's not funny, it's sad.

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    The company I usedta work for takes/looks at resumes offa monster.com-thats how they hired sales peeps and IT personnel. One day, the HR queen was doing her daily scanning and found that onea our sales girls had posted a resume-for another company.

She was fired within an hour of the finding!!

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Businesses do have that right
    That's not entirely under freedom of speech because your representing your company.

A conservative columnist, michelle malkin, got this really hateful email (basically you stink you **** go eat **** and drop dead you ****) that was sent by a legal secretary from his work account. The secretary was fired because he used his work account and as such was representing the firm in a bad light.

4. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    That's not legal to fire someone for posting their resume on Monster. She could have had a nice lawsuit. Our HR person has seen my resume on Monster. She's even let me know that she's seen it. They would never fire me for it though.