1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Coaches on the Hot Seat.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Jul 30, 2008.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    1.) Lane Kiffin - I like Lane but the only way I see Al bringing him back next season is with at least 8 wins. It won't happen. This could be a blessing for Lane though.

2.) Mike Shanahan - 9 wins will save his job but it won't happen. Bye Bye, Rat!!

3.) Scott Linehan - Third year with the Rams, must get at least 8 wins. Not too likely.

4.) Eric Mangini
    - Third year with the Jets. Thank God for the Dolphins.

5.) John Fox - Most likely, the Saints or Bucs will clinch that division but the Panthers MUST be competitive to take it.

6.) Marvin Lewis - I like Marvin and the Bengals had lots of problems last season. This will be a test to see if he can rebound them. I think 8-8 will save his job and I think it will happen. So expect to see him back next season!!

7.) Mike Nolan - Fourth season with 49ers and good, young talent to work with. 9-7 should secure his job and they should be able to do it.

8.) Mike Holmgren - One playoff win will secure his job.

9.) Wade Phillips - see above

10.) Andy Reid - That will depend on McNabb's success in 2008 (or lack of.) Other wise, another Garcia story will save his job.

That's just my opinion. What's your's?

2. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Al already wants Lane out. Wade is just hanging on till they turn the team over to Garrett. Both those guys are out at the end of the year. I think Gruden is in the hotest seat.

3. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    1.) Lane Kiffin - is looking forward to be free

2.) Mike Shanahan wishfull thinking

4.) Eric Mangini - to soon for that, made playoffs two yeas a go i think

8.) Mike Holmgren - i Believe this is Mike Holmgren last year (retire).

9.) Wade Phillips -Wade Phillips is safe

4. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    If Dallas doesn't win a playoff game this year, Wade Phillips might get the same reputation Marty has.

5. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Wade will need to win a playoff game, I can't see Jerry Jones being too happy with that many 1 and dones in a row plus he has the guy he wants waiting in the wings. How long is he willing to hold onto Wade if he doesn't succeed in the playoffs?

John Fox I like if we needed a HC he'd be a guy I would have loved to get.

6. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    Shanahan needs to make the playoffs to keep his job. So I predict he will be gone.

I think Holmgren will retire.

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Holmgren said this is his last year and management hired Jim Mora Jr. to be heir-apparent

Kiffin's not on the hot seat, he's in the boiling water and is almost done
    Shanahan's seat is warmer - GM got fired so if something else goes wrong its just HIS fault

8. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I hope Shanarat coaches the Donks for a long time. He has run that team into the ground.

• Like Like x 2
  9. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I personally think Wade is in deep ****. If he doesn't win a playoff game this year he's toast. And that division is going to be very very competitive. The 'skins D is going to be nasty and if Jason Campbell plays smart they could steal the division. As much as I hate Eli, and even with their off season departures you can't write off the defending Superbowl champs, and if McNabb has a good season the Eagles could win more than they loose. All those teams are going to beat the **** out of eachother and I wouldn't be surprised if any one of them won the division, or if any one of them didn't.

10. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I see Wade getting canned in pretty much every scenario with the exception of the Cowboys reaching the Super Bowl.

Jason Garrett's long been Jerry Jones' main guy for the HC job long term. Wade's just a seat-filler until Garrett is ready. That's why Garrett's been promoted to assistant HC (to go with his OC duties), and made the highest paid assistant coach in NFL history. Garrett makes at least $3 million per year, which is almost Wade's salary. That makes for a relatively seemless transition next season. It was also to prevent Garrett from being "stolen" by Bill Parcells in Miami.

Even if the 'Boys do reach the SB, I envision a scenario where Wade "retires" from the Cowboys as Jerry Jones desires.

Jason Garrett will be the new Dallas HC no later than 2010.

11. chiefsgal

chiefsgal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +443

:lol: I like your thinking...rep to you...:tup:

12. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    :yes:

Just like Uncle Al in Oakland, we need to make sure that the both of them stay alive and in their places for a long, long, time.

• Like Like x 1
  13. chiefsgal

chiefsgal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +443

we are bad bad people huh.......:lol::icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1