1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Coaches, Teams, and Fans.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Jan 28, 2009.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Since a thread was brought up about Fitzgerald and Suggs both willing to do whatever it takes to stay with their teams, while both are in their primes, and to keep their teams competitive... lets look at the whole package.

Fitzgerald... Whisenhunt has done something that Arizona fans are not used to. Win or lose this Sunday, he has the heart of the fans and has the players believing in him.
    BOTTOM LINE... if ALL he wants is money, he can do better elsewhere BUT if he wants to see more playoffs and possibly Super Bowls, going elsewhere would not be in his best interest. Not to mention... he'll be walking on water in Arizona now and after retirement.

Suggs... Fans of other teams can say whatever but if you're on the same team as Ray Lewis, the potential is limitless!!! Harbaugh rules too!!
    Before some of you hey haws give me a hard time for liking Billick... I was in Baltimore during his hire. The crowd actually chanted his name in a few preseason games... CHANTING A COACH'S NAME!!!!
    But nothing lasts forever and it was time for a change.

Here... I for one was excited about Marty because I was sick of experimental failures!!!
    Had they ditched Marty and brought in someone like the two mentioned above, I would have approved and got excited. NOBODY WAS EXCITED ABOUT NORV TURNER!!! NOT PLAYERS OR FANS!!!
    FACE FACTS... a better coach would have brought us farther and our players wouldn't have gone from healthy to wounded soldiers.

I have no doubt that LT wants to retire a Charger but I think he also realizes that his chances of being a HOFer that never played in the Super Bowl just increased.
    FACE FACTS!!!

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,628
  3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Point out what part of this thread in untrue.
    You can't do it... because it's ALL cold, hard facts!!!

You've been defeated!!

4. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,628
    B4L facts =/= actual facts

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Stay in your denial stage.

There is a reason why Harbaugh got his team to the AFCC in his rookie year as HC with a rookie QB.

There is also a reason why the most losing franchise in NFL is playing in the Super Bowl with Whisenhunt being in only his second season as HC.

Still in denial?!!!

6. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    How many people were excited when Billick was hired? **** if Norv wins a SB I'm sure we'll hear people chanting his name. The problem is expectations are so high that anything less than a SB win is looked at as failure or disappointment, when it isn't that way in the 2 places you mentioned.

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Was New England in danger of losing their Patsies at that time?
    Were the Patsies one of the top contending teams at that time?
    Were the Patsies headed into cap problems at that time?
    They were at best... a playoff contender but not looked at as a Super Bowl contender.

Yes, if Norv wins a Super Bowl, all is justified. Very similar to Switzer.

8. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,628
  9. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Face Facts!!!!
    There is a reason why the Cardinals and Ravens are in a position of power and we're in a position of submission.

Twist it anyway that makes you happy but I'm not into fairy tales. The "truth" pill isn't easy to swallow but this is the real world. If dead horse images does it for you.. to each his own.
    GET WITH IT!!!

10. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    :eyepoke:

• Like Like x 1
  11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Imagine where we'd be with Whisenhunt or Harbaugh as our HC!!! :icon_evil:

AJ screwed us!!! :icon_evil:

AJ: "So easy, a caveman can do it."
    Ryan Leaf: "It's a piece of cake."

See the similarities!!!

12. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    :icon_huh:

:lol:

Something's not adding up here...

...anyone care to solve the equation/riddle?

14. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    We need a new sub-forum for crap like this...

oh wait a minute, we do have one.

could one of the mods please move this to the ACF please?

15. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    B4L, so far you have wanted Gruden, Billick, Whisenhjunt, and Harbaugh as head coach. yet the only reason you want any of them is they are the current flavor of the month.

You dropped Bilick, Gruden. You bash the Chargers for winning a 'weak assed' division yet praise Whisenhunt for being able to do the same. You are enfactuated with Harbaugh apparently because of his attachment to the Ravens, whom you really like. Ok, what ever fires that synapse of yours... :icon_shrug:

Sorry your arguments and continuation of your arguments shows little in the way of prolonged cognitive thinking. You seem to change direction if it means you can post another thread or post to tell us all what we all ready know 1000 times over. You hate Norv.

We get it. We got it. When will you get it that your message has gotten across and is very very old? At least with AJ you had a shining second of something new... :unsure:

16. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...The list goes deeper in my eyes than just Whisenhunt, Harbaugh, Gruden, etc. Mike Tomlin to name just one, blew Dan Rooney's doors off with his leadership aura during his interview process. Enough so that he chose him OVER Whisenhunt who was already in place on his team. A head coach has to command respect and be a leader over all else. He can hire quality assistants to handle the other functions. Look at the good ones...all Leaders. Vince Lombardi, Tom Landry, Chuck Noll, Joe Gibbs, Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells, Jimmie Johnson, Mike Holmgren, Bill Cowher and Bill Belichick. All strong, no-nonsense leaders. Their teams were reflective of their personalities.

Yeah, I know B4L beats a dead horse, I do it too. But he's not wrong on the Norv debate. The Chargers mimic his personality and that's not a good thing :no:

17. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223

Yet the Chargers have made the playoffs and won inthe playoffs each year under Norv. Even with an 8-8 record when most other teams would give up and crumble. Hmmm. Lets hope they continue to take on Norv's personality, I like the never quit never say die attitude.:yes:

People can continue to cry in their beer. We the fans have no input in it. Norv is doing what his bosses told him to do, get to the playoffs and win. If that is a bad thing in your eyes or those of anyone else, well we will just have to agree to disagree. Until one of these Norv hating/disgruntled fans buys the team, all it is, is the same b!tching over and over on the same sorry subject. IMHO.

18. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I think B4L needs his thread starting ability taken away again. :yes:

19. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    But why!!!!????

This is a topic that no one has ever discussed!!!!

Coaches, Teams, and Fans have never been brought up in the same thread together at the same time EVER!!!!

Show me where this is true!!!!!!

You can't do it!!!

You know why!!!!?????

BECAUSE YOU LOVE NORV!!!!!!

I'M BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU!!!!!

pretty good huh?
    :icon_shrug:

20. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    NEXT!!!!! :tdown:

21. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    OK, he can still create threads. You've convinced me. :icon_shrug:

22. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    You talkin' to me?

'cause I'd like to see you do a better impression of our resident nut job. :icon_tease::lol:

23. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,763
    No pisano, the thread in general it suck's, what can I say. You know?:icon_toast:

24. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Oh yeah... I knew that. :lol:

100% suck in this thread.

25. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I see dead people.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    I still have the same response: :eyepoke:

27. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

No I didn't. In fact, both Gruden and Billick are available and I would love to see either of them come here. So stop putting words into my mouth.

Now for your Norv vs. Whisenhunt comparison...
    2006 Chargers 14-2 (before Norv)
    2007 Chargers 11-5
    2008 Chargers 8-8

2006 Cardinals 5-11 (before Whisenhunt)
    2007 Cardinals 8-8
    2008 Cardinals 9-7

With that said... how many years of experience does Norv have as HC? How many does Whisenhunt have?
    Whisenhunt may have won in a weak league but excelled in the Playoffs. Atlanta ripped us a new a**hole, so they can't be that bad. Carolina beat us too. Eagles are pretty damn good too.
    As usual... INVALID COMPARISON!

Oh... There you go again. If you like any other teams, you're not a true Chargers fan. Yup... Harbaugh sucks!!! :icon_rofl:
    Any rookie coach that can bring his team to the AFCC with a rookie QB sucks real bad. That's a given!!! :icon_rofl:

Anyway... read the opening post. This thread is in reference to the "Team Players" thread.
    BOTTOM LINE... I'm to going to start liking Norv because you think I should. I'm not part of your posse. I'm too good for that!! :yes:

28. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

THANK YOU!!! :bolt: :flag: :tup:

I recommend that many of you read that top paragraph over a few times. The true definition of a "Head Coach" just might sink in!!!

Then again... maybe not.

29. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    I smell dead people

30. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Really? He was told to get the team to a 5-5 start last season? How about a 4-8 start this year?

A real HC should not get us into the hole to begin with. If he had mediocre talent to work with, I'd applaud him but that's not the situation here.
    It's because we have to keep digging ourselves out of the hole that we are wounded ducks when it's time for the playoffs. :yes: