1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

colts cut stokley

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by When Lightning Strikes, Mar 2, 2007.

1. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    what do you guys think about him...i know hes been injured...but is he good enough to fill a spot on the bolts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Shaddup!:icon_rofl:

3. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    We really need a true #1 WR. :guns:

• Like Like x 1
  4. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Hhhmmm, you might want to read all the posts before positing such a question. :unsure:

5. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    If you're going to bash bolt bot, don't come to me to complain if anyone says anything negative about yourself. :no:

6. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    That's a good take on the situation, Thumper. Nice post. :tup:

7. hypermikem

hypermikem BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    I don't get it? WTF is a bolt bot?:icon_shrug: I agree that Stokley is a MCCardell type of guy. He'll make the occational clutch catch, but is not the main target most times. We have enough of those guys don't we? Even Camarillo fits that bill IMO. We need a stud WR to compliment our two young guns in Floyd and Jackson.

8. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    I think we could fit stoakley into our WR rotation.

9. hypermikem

hypermikem BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    I'm sure we could, but the money is the main concern right now. AJ likes to find value in his aquisitions, not overpay a "role player". How about that receiver from the Rams? Wouldn't he be a better fit? Don't get me wrong, I like Stokely, but I sort of have a feeliong he wants more than AJ would give him, but we'll see. We definately need to replace MaC.

10. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    When Lightning Strikes is flesh and blood (rather than a few lines of code) and a pretty cool guy so be nice. :yes:

I'm not really interested in Stokley. We're overflowing with #2 and #3 WRs. I don't think we need another one. :no:

11. Boltz_Backer22

Boltz_Backer22 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    :bolt2: I agree 100%, we have a plethera of 2/3 type guys. We Need to find some one who has that goodbye gear . We need a true #1 WR who can strech DB's and put a fear in there hearts. But more then just a speed guy, a WR is going to catch what ever is around him. All of sudden Gates /VJ/ and the boys have a lot easier time running underneth routes. Stokely just doesn't make us better :bolt2:

• Like Like x 1
  12. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Curtis will get more than Stokley coming off an injury marred season. Stokley is a terrific #3 receiver on a team that has other weapons. That's why he thrived in Indy.

I get sick of the #1 receiver talk. The Bolts have a #1 receiver. His name is Vincent Jackson. He's going to blow up this year.

In his first four regular season games of '06, Jackson had 4 catches for 34 yards and 1 TD. In his last 4 games, Jackson had 14 catches for 286 yards and 3TDs. That's a huge improvement. While those aren't Chad Johnson numbers, I submit that no receiver is ever going to put up CJ numbers on a team that features LT and AG.

Jackson is coming hard, and with another offseason to adjust to a huge leap in competition from small college to the NFL, VJ's going to blow up.

Jackson is our #1 receiver. Parker's #2. I can't consider Floyd much more than a #4 because of his injury history. What we need is a #3. Either Stokley or Curtis or a draft pick would fit the bill. I think Curtis is a pipe dream, especially after the jack that Welker just got. Stokley, might be had for cheaper because he's coming off an injury-plagued season.

It's just a matter of philosophy. Do you want an NFL-ready vet or a green draft pick with more upside? One thing of note though is that with Keenan gone, there really isn't a vet receiver on this team. It would not surprise me if AJ signed or traded for one.

13. Boltz_Backer22

Boltz_Backer22 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    :bolt2: As far as the talk of the of a #1 WR goes to quote AJ Smith
    "When you look at our receiver core, you know we'll be look for football players... without a doubt." sounds like he is looking for more then just a #3 veteran WR. Jackson is a going to be a very good WR, and I also love Parker but it was plan to see in that playoff game that we need just something just a little bit more on the outside. (aside from our defense just brain farting). It also doesnt help when Parker give the ball back twice, and looks over-whelmed , and Keenan is no where in site.

14. When Lightning Strikes

Ratings:
    +68
    and those lines of code are very small...

Pops, Tybo and I were on the bay all morning yesterday...45 fish was the boat total!! A 3 pound sandy is marinating in my fridge right now.

15. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Nice! I just went in on a 19' Bayliner Capri with a couple friends. It's technically intended to be a ski boat, but it's got an open bow so it'll work just fine. We'll definatly be paying a visit to the kelp this summer. :tup:

16. When Lightning Strikes

Ratings:
    +68
    :icon_toast: lets go!!