1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Colts' fans can't stop crying/Freeny not happy with calls

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by S.D.Love, Jan 5, 2009.

1. S.D.Love

S.D.Love Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Some of these guys are STILL crying about the officals, refusing to give the Chargers any credit. STILL referring to us as the 8-8 team from the horrible AFC west division even AFTER we beat them.

From one of their whining posts I found this link and quote from Freeny. It's after the article, second clip under "...You aint cause your not".

Link

"In Freeney’s opinion, the flurry of calls that helped end his season was flat-out unconscionable. “Those were the worst [expletive] calls I’ve seen in a long time,” he said. “To have a game of that magnitude taken out of your hands, it’s just disgusting. It’s not like they made one [expletive] bad call – it’s three calls, in overtime. On one the ball’s 50 feet over [Chambers’] head. And they have the nerve to call defensive
    holding? When they can’t even call one friggin’ offensive holding the whole game? What’s going on? They need to start investigating some other [expletive].”"

F*ck this guy. Taken OUT of your hands???
    How about owning up to the fact that your D couldn't STOP SPROLES YOU F*CKIN' DOUCHE?????
    The calls were legit and you couldn't get it done!

These crybabies really can't stop weeping about the loss in their forum. Only a handful of rational Colts fan have stepped up to try and be the voice of reason amongst the nursery school atmosphere there. But now some are even calling to fire Dungy.

Here's some Links to their threads, talk about sore losers, it's unbelievable:

Time to Flood the League Office with letters!

Freeney not happy with calls

Anyone but the Chargers to win the SB~~

We can't be to hard on Session. I got the proof.

SD/Indy of 2009: Known as THE CALL

Officials handed them the game.

Intentional Grounding Rule- Official from NFL

They are breaking down every little possible missed call or penalty in the game, trying to pin their loss on that, and refusing to give the Chargers ANY respect. WTF???? Can't these guys take a loss???
    If they had won, I would like to think I could have let it go and be respectful about it.

There are a whole bunch more threads there devoted to crap like this over there. It's just really disheartening, I really thought they could take the loss. I had no idea that the Chargers were THIS disrespected that people feel the need to blame the COLTS loss on stuff like this, rather than giving credit to our great players.
    I used to think their fans were cool, now I am starting to change my opinion on that.:tdown:

People just need to get over this, and give damn' credit where credit is due.

I really hope we get a chance to stomp on the COLTS again next year.

:abq1::abq2::abq1:

• Like Like x 1
  2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    What do you expect from a fake franchise with the gayest fan base in NFL history?

3. sdrocks

sdrocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    I bet he thinks the refs did a fantastic job during the colts/Chargers regular season game. The officiating really sucked that game.

4. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Maybe they should have stopped Sproles from running in the game ending TD. Then at least they've got a chance of a blocked or missed FG.

Just a thought.

5. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Freeney's completely full of ****. He was biatching about the calls in the locker room after the game. He could not have possibly even seen the the plays where the penalties were committed. He was on the field when they occured.

All three calls were legit. The Colts can biatch all they want, but they picked the wrong time to start being undisciplined.

6. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I wonder how many of those Colts fans were part of the "Charger fans should just get over it" chorus after we LEGITIMATELY got screwed Week 2.

The ball was over Chambers' head on the one penalty BECAUSE of the defensive holding, Chambers couldn't get to that spot because he was held TWICE.

The facemask was so blatant I don't know how anybody could cry about it.

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Hey, we wuold be frustrated if roles were reversed. We would have a plethora of Fire Norv, Fire AJ, Cut LT, Bench Rivers, Flood the front office, Refs Suck etc threads on the forum right now if we had lost.

I understand their frustrration. Anyone who posted that hochuli was not off the hook before the last regular season game should at least have empathy for them.

• Like Like x 1
  8. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    :tup::tup::tup:

9. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Fuq em

Their feelings were hurt from when Jamal Said "GAME OVER" after the flip

10. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I didn't see the first of the three calls, but the other two were legit. Hochuli completely screwed the pooch, it's not even in question.

I can see Colt's fans frustration that the game came down to penalties, but their players are the ones they should be pissed at not the refs.

11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I agree, but it is the nature of some fans to take anything they can to explain why they lost.

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    I was listening to the third shift at Fox Sports Radio last night, this moronic colts fan called in and actually had the nerve to suggest a 'grand conspiracy' that the NFL really wants the Chargers in the big dance instead of the Colts, whom they unfairly hold down. At least one of the hosts, who is a San Diegan, smacked him down pretty good. The other one (Ben Maller) said that the calls were all BS.

I do remember listening to this show after we beat the Colts last year and I don't remember him saying one bleeping word about bad calls, just that the Chargers ruined the AFC Championship game.

What a bunch of freaking whiny crybabies. We lost to the Pats in 2006 and 2007 and the Jets in 2004, we didn't blame anyone but the team. These guys need everything to be handed to them like a bunch of spoiled children.

**** em all!

13. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    On the play where Sproles fumbled one of our guys has a hand to his face and facemask while trying to block that wasn't called.

Fuk em.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    I suppose it's to be expected... they're tired of losing to the Bolts when it counts... :lol:

but....

the Donkey fans are STILL the undisputed champion of cryin time... have you been to OrangeMane lately.... :icon_rofl:

15. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Dont the Colts fans still owe us a bj for our epic loss to the patriots two years ago? They wouldn't have a ring if it weren't for us two years ago.

16. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    From Peter King:

d. The refs didn't blow the game in overtime in San Diego. Those were all legitimate penalties on Indianapolis. The interference was a little ticky-tack, but it was there.

It was holding, not PI. Those are not picked up for an uncatchable ball as the Indy fans are crying about.

• Like Like x 1
  17. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +40
    :tup::tup::tup:

18. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +40
    If anything the league would love nothing more than a Manning vs. Manning Superbowl.

19. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    word... :tup:

What a bunch cry babys... :lol:

20. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I want a Rivers vs. Manning Superbowl

• Like Like x 1
  21. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +40
    That would be awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Until another NFL team has in a single season [let alone the 1st Eight games of a season]:

- A Hocchuli
    - A player EJECTED from the game for a non-existant punch
    - Multiple manufactured PI calls which directly impacted the outcome of the game [London, Colts Regular Season are just two gems which come to mind]

Don't ****ing whine to me about crappy officiating.

• Like Like x 2
  23. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    STFU Dwight, maybe you should complain to your MVP on how to convert on 3rd and short,

• Like Like x 1
  24. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +40
    This is all true, and when coupled with the phantom holding call that brought back a Cromartie touchdown last time we played the Colts in the playoffs I think that it is fair to say that the Chargers do not get any sort of favoritism from the refs.

25. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +686
    They can ***** all they want. Do they have such short memories that it is THEY who are responsible for that type of call now?

It was in 2003 when their WRs got mugged by the pats that they complained to the league office and we got more flags for down field contact. The Illegal Contact rule was a direct result, but the added significance was the increase in calls for holding and PI. Then the next year in 2004 Peyton set a TD record since the WRs were running free now.

Ain't it a ***** that a rule that they helped enforce, came back to bite them in the ***. :icon_rofl:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1771047

• Like Like x 2
  26. vegasboy

vegasboy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    Does anyone watch Mike and Mike in the morning? That idiot, Mike Greenberg was crying about the "bad" calls at the end of the game too.

Fortunately, Golic, who actually played football, set him straight and said the game was called close in the first quater and should be called the same in the overtime session.

Kudos to the refs for not licking Mannings ball sac.

GO CHARGERS!:bolt:

27. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +40
    I can't stand the way that guy almost fellates the mic when he talks.

28. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    Yea I saw this, Golic set him straight. Greeny was saying that the refs shouldnt call penalties in overtime like they do in the first quarter. What kind of bullshhiit is that..call the penalties the same the whole game...that is what the zebras are there for.

29. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    The PI call in the first quarter was qustionable also. Fuk em we have been living with bad calls all year and some were game changing.