1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Colts fans coming to Charger territory

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ItsBlumpkintime, Aug 2, 2007.

1. ItsBlumpkintime

ItsBlumpkintime BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey Charger fans. Myself along with a few friends are coming in for the Colts/Charger game in November. I have a few questions you might be able to help my with.

1. Is it a good idea to take the train to the game? Or is a pain in the

2. What area of SD should I book a room? Harbor or Gaslamp? Neither?

My tickets are in the 3rd row of PL47..good seats?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Should be a great game...Can't wait to vist San Diego again!

2. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    1 - Yeah alot of people take the trolley to the game, but if thats the route youre going, leave early, it gets pretty packed

2 - Personally i like Gaslamp

3 - 47 are pretty good seats if you like endzone seats. Im usually in P44 and love those seats

3. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    If your not tailgating or are meeting up with people who are bringing the tailgate stuff, the train is the best way to come. Gets a little crowded but still your best option. As for where to stay, you want views and family type entertainment, stay on the harbor, if you want to have fun adult style (Bars, clubs, food, etc..) stay in the Gaslamp. The Hilton Gaslamp is nice, just stayed there with my wife in June.

4. RayDahayder

RayDahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    If you stay downtown in the Gaslamp area, you are close to the trolley where you can get on and it will probably take a half hour or 40 minutes to get to the stadium. After the game, it takes about a half an hour to shuffle through the crowd to get back on the trolley.

Give yourself plenty of time.

Your seats are in plaza, which is a good level, but row 3 may have some sight line obstruction because there is a walkway in front where your vision could be blocked by foot traffic. However, usually during the game, people are seated.

Another place you could stay is Old Town. There is a train station right there and you have lots of restaurants. Not as lively as downtown, though.

Bring plenty of Kleenex. You'll be crying when the bolts put the big hurt on your ponies.:lol:

5. ItsBlumpkintime

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. Should be a great game. I'm curious as to how we will do w/ the loss of some key defensive players. We were really able to step up our D in the playoffs. I hope we can continue that this year. As for the Chargers, you obviously have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. I wonder how the multiple coaching changes will affect your team. Either way, by November, both teams should be pretty polished.

Good Luck and thanks again:icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Props for two classy posts. :tup:

7. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Agreed Colt fans are some of the more classy fans, even when they didn't win the Superbowl the last few years.

8. ItsBlumpkintime

Ratings:
    +1
    Because most of us dug ourselves a hole and stayed there until we forgot about it:yes:

Actually, I really think the Chargers '06 team compares to our '05 team. We were probably the most talented that year. However, we took a big dump on our field against Pittsburgh in the playoffs and the rest is history. Last years success was mostly due to timing. We were finally able to get on a roll and it happened to be in the playoffs.

The 06 Chargers were far and away the best team, however. You just couldn't get it done in the playoffs. Rivers has another year under his belt. Gates makes up for your WR situation. You will be in good shape. Plus you get to play the Chiefs and Raiders twice!

9. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Our coaching staff isnt going to change this team. We have the same talent as last year and should have the same results this year. As for the colts, you guys should do pretty well but I think its our turn to win the trophy.

10. richpjr

richpjr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Agree - it's nice to see another team's fans post without trolling.

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Wish it happened more often

btw Blumpkin if you want to stay center of San Diego, stay in Mission Valley. Its not a fantastic location but its safe and your pretty much in the center of san diego and your only a few minutes away from the Q. I gotta ask as well, you guys get much problem with Patriot trolls?

12. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    hotel circle is where alot of fans stay its close to the trolley and only a few stops from the stadium best western seven seas is ok i usually stay there

13. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Another thing to keep in mind if you do take the trolley is that there is a tailgate party tent in the parking lot where there is live music and a bar .. It's a way to go if you don't want to drop a $20 for parking.

The Colts/Bolts game is sold out so you want to get here early if you take the Trolley or if you are parking.

14. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Safe except for my damn iPod which was snatched from my car at Dave & Buster's last weekend .. :censored:

15. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    We want what you guys just got, a Lombardi. And we feel this is the year. We were hoping to face you here at Qualcomm if we would have beat those damn Pats! We were glad you guys beat them though. I can tell you that the after that game the Pats became more hated to us than the Raiders (thanks to Ellis Hobbs and a few others). At least it did for me. As for staying here, definately take the Trolley and hang out at Gaslamp on the weekend. It's really happening down there since they put in Petco Park for the Padres downtown. I would also stay at any of the hotels in Mission Valley (Hotel Circle) and trolley or bus in. The traffic to Qualcomm is murder and the parking is crowded and expensive.

16. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    I'm not a fan of MV. Especially if you're coming from out of town. Down Town is the best bet with tons of pre-post gameday options. Old Town a distant second and a shorter hop to the Q.

17. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    if I was doin a roadie to San Diego - I'd be seeing some salt water... stay at the Hilton on Mission Bay... Pacific Beach(es) to the West, Gaslamp/Seaport Village to the South, the Stadium is East and La Jolla North (for the gals in the party)... all within 5 miles, and 2 miles from the trolley.... oh and a room overlooking Mission Bay... :abq2:
    a little bit of everything...

welcome to Paradise...:yes:

18. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    That sounds pretty good to me Ron, but if the Hilton is full up - they might like the Bahia Resort Hotel. In either case a rental car/van from the Airport would be a good idea. (The van is probably going to be necessary to haul all of the ladies' purchases to the local UPS before their return flight and avoid being over-weight at the airport! ;))...

19. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

spoken like a true SD original!!!

nothing better than staying close to the beach

:tup:

20. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    a native San Diegan... :yes: and one that grew up on Sunset Cliffs...

so yeah, ya gotta get in the S.D. sunset at the beach.... especially if ya got your woman with ya... :icon_banana:

21. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Lots of good suggestions so far.... However, if you're only coming to SD for the game and not spending much time doing sight seeing, you might want to stay in one of the "Hotel Circle" hotels in Mission Valley (off Interstate 8). You'd be close to the stadium. Lots of nice restaurants and shopping in the area.

22. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    That is very true Carrie, and most of those hotels are at least 3 star - But it does seem like such a waste to fly into SoCal just for the game then take right back off again. It would be like me flying into Oahu in the morning - watching the Pro Bowl - then taking back off again right after the game... Not gonna hoppen Brah! ;)

Seriously, building in a few days of "mid-winter vacation" is most strongly recommended if it is financially feasible - of course some will have business/family obligations that might prevent it too. :(

23. ItsBlumpkintime

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm thinking the same thing, C. Dave. I'll be in town for a few days so I think I'll stay a little closer to the Gas Lamp area. Since it's a Sunday Night game, I may even rent a pick up truck to do some real tailgating. I'm sure we won't want to drag all of our crap on the trolley w/ us anyway.

24. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I fly to all of the home games,and stay in hotel circle.
    I can catch the trolley into the Gaslamp and back without CHP getting me. Close to the beach, SEAU'S. And, I save some money for more beer. :icon_rofl:

It's true.

25. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    You are a true fan.:yes:

• Like Like x 1
  26. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    God I love PB! stayed there for a friends wedding a couple years ago. you sell SD very well too.:tup: now you got me wishing I could still walk over and have one at the Alibi.

27. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    I go the same route as L.V hotel circle mrs.megolds cousin or something gets me reduced rates at best western ill take it since ill be goin to 3 ,4 games solo this year

28. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Great hotel deals can be found in Hotel Circle anytime I do hotel checks of the area. And as already been said, it's really close to the stadium and not far from just about everything else.

29. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    You taught me well, Master. :icon_rofl:

Are you still going to Green Bay?

30. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Did anybody else watch the left tackle on NFL Network's coverage of Colts camp tonight? I don't know if he was a backup or who he was (#67) but Freeney was destroying this guy IMO.