1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Colts forums

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Mid-west Chargers fan, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Mid-west Chargers fan

Mid-west Chargers fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    The different threads over on the Colts forums are amusing. I especially got a "kick" (pun intended) out of the one titled "I dont think its fair to have super-human punting robots".

http://forum.colts.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Go on over for many good reads!

2. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Thanks that was a great thread and very funny!

3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    And yet....

Our "super-human punting robot" somehow didn't make the Pro Bowl for the 3rd year in a row. :tdown:

Nice to see that 90% of sports fans are fackin' idiots. :icon_evil:

4. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    New thread over there: "How in the world is their punter not in the Pro Bowl?"

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    I don't see many troll-ish or really crappy threads out there, Colts arent bad fans not like a Bronco or a Raider. By and large they're good fans.

• Like Like x 1
  6. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I agree. Colts fans are really pretty cool when you get down to it. They don't whine or make excuses. They just accept the loss and compliment the other team.

7. ChargersNguyen

ChargersNguyen BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Yes I must admit, Colts fans don't annoy me as much as Oakland or Denver fans, they usually show a little more class. I'd probably be singing a different tune if we lost though.

8. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I saw the "Refs screwed us" thread on whichever forum is in the Fan-to-Fan Alliance. The holding was pretty obvious, and the facemask was blatant. I think just because they came close together and on the heels of the personal foul, their perception is that they got reffed to death.

9. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Agreed. All those calls were legit. They should be screaming about the players being undisciplined, not about the refs.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    I doubt that's going to carry any steam, probably just some fan pissed off even though they were all clearly legit. So I'm going to temporarily give them a mulligan.
    Not to mention Colts fans shouldn't be complaining considering last year's division game where the refs did everything they could to make the Colts win.
    But yeah minus that, as mentioned, there really aren't any BS threads or whatnot.

11. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    I have to agree. Even Pats fans have mostly been saying that the Colts made boneheaded moves and that almost all the penalty calls were proper, except one or two (mainly benefitting the Colts).

It's usually our division rivals' boards that are whining the most.

12. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    I agree. I think their D was just exghausted and back on their heels.

13. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I still liek seeing their #55 barking at the camera!!!

:lol:

14. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    last year it was Volek...this year, Scifres...who next??
    :icon_rofl:

15. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Yeah, like him getting flagged for two obvious penalties in OT wasn't his fault. :lol:

If ever there was a defensive player on the team for Peyton to throw under the bus, it would be him.

16. auctoritas

auctoritas BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +40
    David Binn.

• Like Like x 1
  17. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851

Malcom "Way of the Imploding Lung" Floyd!

:icon_rofl:

18. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Posts like this, inside threads like this, are really beginning to give me a nice fuzzy feeling inside.........:yes:

They like me, they REALLY like me.

Winning is doing wonders for the collective temperment of Bolt Talk. Hell, if you guys win the Superbowl you may actually admit that I'm not a complete turd.

19. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Can't completely hate a guy that believes Guinness should be the 5th food group. :lol:

20. S.D.Love

S.D.Love Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I've been reading their site a lot. It's a mixed bag.
    For every good fan that says "congratulations" there's another that says the "officials handed them the game" and that we are just an 8-8 team.

First of all I think the refs screwed US just as bad, if not worse, when the Colts barely won the Chargers here at home earlier this year. Who knows if the Colts would have even gotten on their "MVP caliber 9 game winning streak" if the officials hadn't "handed" them that game? So karma's a b*tch isn't it? If you look at it that way.:devil::elephant::devil:

Actually I think most of the ref calls last night were pretty legit for the most part. The biggest thing I think we got away with, if anything, was the Chambers catch that Dungy didn't challenge. :bunny:

But I think some of the crying Colts fans are forgetting that the Chargers had two highly successful drives towards the red zone that ended in the Sproles fumble and an interception. If either of those two red zone plays had gone slightly differently in our favor and resulted in a TD, there wouldn't have even been sudden death overtime to complain about. I'm sorry but there was never a time in this game where the Colts were kicking the sh*t out of us. It was close the whole time.

Overall I think it's a much more solid win for us this year than last years playoff win against them.

Second of all, this 8-8 talk is just annoying crap.
    They think bringing that up somehow lessens our win?????:hilarious:
    We won, the Colts' season is over. End of story, shut the hell up now.
    It just shows how much of a "fraud" the Colts were that they got beaten by such supposedly horrible Chargers team from the AFC west.

Anyway it was starting to piss me off over there so why read it?
    The Colts are done now.:wave:
    A win is a win is a win.:icon_toast:

The Chargers will never really get the respect they deserve unless they go all the way this year and get some rings. I really really really hope it can happen for us in 2009.

Go Chargers!!!!!

:icon_beerbang::abq2::icon_beerbang:

21. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    The Chargers played one helluva football game.

They deserved the win..no doubt...no excuses...fine football playing.

Good luck next week.

22. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Regarding those defensive holding penalties on the Colts at the end....

I'm having a tough time remembering which QB and team was complaining to the NFL after two straight playoff losses to a certain team in the Northeast. Complaining how that team's DBs were manhandling the Colts receivers.

Illegal contact, defensive holding, and PI calls have been called more as a result.

Ironic....

23. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Did someone say there is no karma biting people in their asses?

24. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Thanks, Buck. :tup:

Buck

25. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    My pleasure, Buck.:tup:

Buck

26. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    If we had lost that game last night the Colts board would look like kindergarten compared to this one.:bolt:

27. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    BS. I saw plenty of posts talking about they hate Rivers more than Satan himself, and when questioned about why they just said that they've seen him being disrespectful. They're douchebags over there too, I think you guys are just not looking hard enough!

28. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Yup I read the same stuff. They like all the other AFC west teams, hate us with a passion.

29. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    You'll find those fans on any message board, but I think most Indy fans aren't like that. Rivers is probably the most misunderstood player in the league. If people would take the time to get to know the guy, they'd shut their phucking mouths. My favorite this week was Bill Simmons predicting that Rivers would stalk the sidelines "dropping f-bombs" while Manning controlled the clock. If he had taken the time to learn anything about Rivers, he'd know that the guy has never dropped an f-bomb in his life.