1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Colts vs Pats

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by msmith, Oct 29, 2007.

1. msmith

msmith BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    Who do you want to win?

Everyone wants the Pats to lose but if the Colts lose that one, they might come to play the Chargers with a deflated attitude.

Really can't decide.

2. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    If the Colts lose, they'll have a deflated attitude? huh? Why is that? Seems to me if they lost to the Pats, they'd just be pissed and want to win just that much more.

Between these two teams it's ot a matter of who I want to win, but a matter of who I want to lose more. I want the Pats to lose, but I don't want to see either team go undefeated this season. I want the Pats to lose to put this "super team" BS to rest. I got my copy of Sport Illustrated in the mail the other day, and the headline was "Yes, they're that good." refering to the Pats. Bull Sh*t! F**k the Pats and their cheating head coach!

After the Colts beat the Pats, I want to see Indy lose to us. There you go, no more undefeated teams. That's the scenario I favor.

3. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    I want the second seed and a first round bye. Even if we win out, the Pats would have to lose 4 games which isn't going to happen. If the Pats beat the Colts and we do the same at home in two weeks that puts us only one game behind the Colts for the #2 seed with us holding the tie breaker. The Steelers also have a game lead on us but the will lose 3 more games at the least.

4. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I just hope it's a great game. I am really looking forward to this one....

5. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Go Colts. Just cause I have always detested the Patriots.

6. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Patriots are 3 1/2 point favorites in the Colt's house.

7. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    I with ya on that! :tup:

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    F**K THE PATSIES!!!!
    F**K THE PONIES!!!!!

I hope both team beat the snot out of each other and major injuries on both sides!!!! A major disaster hitting the dome would be a nice too!!!

Though I agree with Thumper. I hope the Ponies win with a few scraps left for us!!!

I'll be calling you out Archie!!!!

9. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Yup same here. I hope the Colts pimp slap the Pats.

10. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    The Patriots will come out running the ball, just like they did against Washington. They came out and gashed the Redskins for some big gains right out of the gate. I think they're gonna try to break the will of the Colts. Indy has the #2 pass defense right now. They'll win this game if Belly Chick tries to come out throwing. Indy's offense will keep up with the Pats. So I think the difference is going to be Indy's run defense forcing Brady to throw and then relying on Bob Sanders laying the wood in the secondary and Freeney getting some shots on Brady Boy to create turnovers.

Indy wins this game and the Pats come crashing back to earth.

(At least, that's how my dream sequence goes)

11. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    We have lost to the Pats. We still have a chance to beat the Colts.
    Go Colts.

12. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Colts, no doubt. I have no real animosity towards Indy or Peyton (My hate lies with his brother and dad). I think I'm already sick of the hype as well.

13. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I hope the Colt's take it in a nasty, gnarly double overtime win that leaves them too spent to recover by the time we play them.

14. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    If they win they that game they might look past the Bolts. Either way the Chargers play well against the Colts.

I'd rather the Colts beat the Patriots just to see Brady be a bad sport the way he usually is when he loses.

15. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Pats running game should be the best it has been this season. Sammie Morris will probably be back, and Maroney keeps getting stronger and quicker every week....watch for Kevin Faulk catching those short passes out of the backfield as the D-backs chase Moss down the field.

If Ben Watson gets into this fray, the weapons system will be pretty tough.

Pats run defense stepped up against the Redskins after giving up too many points against Miami. Could this be the game the Patriots peak?

The irony is the Super Bowl 7-0 defending champion Colts are 3 1/2 point underdogs in their own house.

GO PATRIOTS!!

16. LinksterAC

LinksterAC BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    These two teams are very very close right now. I don't like how either defense matches up with the other offense. This game will be decided in the trenches, based on who can get to the quarterback with more regularity.

Lots of people think the Pats win this handily. I tend to disagree. With the Colts playing at home, they're probably the slight favorite in my mind. Remember not to be fooled too much by the Pats' margin of victory in assessing the strengths of either team. The Patriots do run up the score a lot, and they have yet to produce a win of the same quality as the Colts' last two road efforts.

17. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Here's an interesting article.

http://nflblogs.profootballweekly.com/AroundtheNFL/2007/10/running_up_the_score_doesnt_ex.html

Here's an exerpt: " Look, the Colts have beaten the Patriots three straight times, twice at Foxboro. Why do you think the Patriots traded for Randy Moss? To outjump the Colts' shrimpy DBs. Why did they sign Adalius Thomas? To cover Dallas Clark and stuff Joseph Addai. Really. Wes Welker is the ultimate zone buster, too, along with Ben Watson when he's healthy. Belichick realized he can't beat the Colts unless he can outgun them. And the coach is creating a blitzkreig mentality with his offense -- making them believe it is a better unit than Indianapolis' offense."

18. LinksterAC

LinksterAC BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    It should be very very tight. The last few times Indy's played New England (save the first half of the playoff game last year), they've walloped the crap out of them. Now they've closed the gap offensively and upgraded noticeably defensively (though I still think they've gotten old and slow--especially between the hash marks).

But the Colts are scary. They just keep handling very good teams. Home, away, lots of rest, short rest. It's a dead heat between these two teams, the two very best in the NFL.

Still...I doubt that either of those teams are capable of what the Chargers did against a decent Texans team in 18 minutes yesterday. I think the giant has finally woken. Still lots of football left to be played, boys. Lots of football indeed.

19. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Fuk the pats.

20. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Did you guys see Seau playing fullback? On the same play another linebacker Vrabel caught a TD pass.

Belicheck is starting to f with all of us and get a it too cute and cocky with that shiat. Man, I hope the Colts put a hurt on these guys.

21. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    OMG Berman just called this "Super Bowl 41 and a 1/2". Please.

22. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    I hope the Colts smash them and then run up the score.

23. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Do your homework. Check to see how many SB TD's Vrabel has caught.

24. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Fuk the Pats.

25. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Yeah, yeah everyone knows about Vrabel and his 10 TDs. But the point was Seau playing fullback. I am surprised he didn't pull that one against us.

26. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Colts 63
    Pats 0

Dwight Freeney hurls Brady into Bellicheat, causing internal injuries to both which require hysterectomies to remove their damaged ovaries.

Screw 'em both!!! :tdown:

But seriously, now - how could anyone here not want to see the Pats lose, NE fans excluded?

27. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    A most cogent line of inquiry.

28. LinksterAC

LinksterAC BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    They've been playing a lot of incomplete teams they can run the score up on (including the early season Chargers). It makes them look better than they are.

The Colts do not fit in that department, and they're playing at home. If the Patriots think this is gonna be a cakewalk, they've got another thing coming.

29. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    and that becomes the greatest clip in youtube history

30. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Just heard on Sirius NFL radio:

A caller on "The Red Zone" asked Gil Brandt:

"Yeah... I just wanted to ask you something about the Patriots' tremendous run... Randy Moss has been dropping loads on every team he comes up against... IS THERE ANYONE HE CAN'T JIZZ ON??" :icon_rofl:

Brandt and the other host were just baffled. They said: "uh... I'm not sure what you're talking about there... uh..."

Seriously. I think it just went right over their heads...

I was laughing hysterically. I think it was one of Sal and Richard's prank calls for the Howard Stern show.

:lol: