1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Commentary by TBF's Son

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TBF, Sep 23, 2007.

1. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    The above drive is where we lost this damn game!

Driving back from Vegas, we listened to the game. After a HUGE momentum changing hold at the one foot line, the above drive took place.

Shortly after running the ball on first and second down @ 3:50 and 3:13, my son said that killed us. He mentioned that we had no running game and now we forced Rivers to make a play on 3rd down, regardless of it being 3rd and short or long. Shortly after, PR threw an imcomplete pass... I know the run chews up the clock...Screw the clock, we needed points versus Favre...Give him 30 seconds and he will move his team. He is a stud vet regardless of age.

I couldn't disagree with my son. Forcing PR to make a pass on 3rd down was bad play calling. Take the pressure off of the guy and let him throw on every damn down, it was working and the run sucked as it has all year long. MOVE THE CHAINS, MOVE THE CHAINS, MOVE THE FREAK'n CHAINS.

I understand that VJ was wide open on the play. But why pressure him. Let him throw on first down, and second down giving him 3 shots at gaining a "chain" moving play. Don't make him do it on one play.

NORV sucks...

So does our pass rush.

TBF

• Like Like x 1
  2. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    My name is Brian ***** and i approve this message.

3. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    :yes:

4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Dude...this play call :

Has me shaking my head. Didn't look like a simple pass, AND it was on the sideline. If VJ catches it, he GOES OUT OF BOUNDS and the clock stops. WTF? BAD PLAY CALL, NORV.

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    The Packers D blitzed just about every first down. Why not throw a quick slant or screen on one of those?

Very frustrating end to the game. I absolutely HATE IT when teams try to milk the clock. GO FOR THE KILL.

6. TJBOLT

TJBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Poor game plan on both sides of the ball

7. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    I'm not concerned with the players on this team...I am big time concerned with the game planning. That series was classic Marty Ball.

This was the first game that Rivers reckonginized the defensive looks. That is Norvs fault. This was the third game that Norv couldn't find a way to free the best RB in football.

I still think we are a playoff calibre team. I just don't want to be a playoff calibre team watching the games from home after going 8-8.

NORV has sucked thus far. I am willing to give him another game. If we lose to KC at home, someone better get another coach on the phone.

TBF