1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Comments for upcoming show.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sd-local, Jun 10, 2006.

1. sd-local

sd-local BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    Hey guys, good show on the June first, just wanted to throw in my two cents on a certain matter you brought up.

You guys gave Ricky Williams a pretty tough time with you Ray calling him retarded, and Loren pretty much the same. Don't get me wrong, I feel that Ricky has wasted an amzing opportunity to leave his mark on the game of football and really become something special, but I would not trash his name before bringing up guys that have done much worse.

Can I remind you that there is an NFL pro-bowler that killed a woman while drunk driving. That is Leonard Little. Ray Lewis may have killed someone. Countless players are charged and convicted each and every year for domestic abuse, such as William Green, Damion McIntosh, Randy McMichael (who by the way hit his Pregnant wife)!!!

So while Ricky may be abusing an opportunity to be great, please don't villify him more than these genuinely bad people deserve to be.

Thanks for listening.

SD-local

• Like Like x 1
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,209
    I see where your comming from. Solid take, but Ricky did make his own bed. You are correct however that he is not as far as I know, a murderer.

3. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    Thanks for you comment "sd-local", we'll respond to it on this weeks show.

• Like Like x 2
  4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632
    I wasn't around on the show when those guys did their deeds. Its really obvious that the NFL teams and owners overlook crimes like these because A. the player's valuable (minus D-Mac and green, that's just desperation on the teams' part :icon_rofl: ) and B. the old adage that no publicity is bad publicity. I think what all the players above did was reprehensible and outside of Ray Lewis (as much as I think he is guilty, I have to trust our system of law) they were all found guilty and all got small slaps on the wrist. But by the same token, if the teams start legislating the action that players can't get away with, you walk a very fine line of morality. Drunk driving, spousal abuse are horrific crimes but in the larger picture, if you throw players off the team for something like that then A. you walk the line of legislating morality into your team which will make less players want to sign with your team, B. you strengthen other teams that want these players and over look this and C. you run the risk of a law suit because these are all external things not pertinent to the job.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The arresting officer for Ray Lewis is a college buddy of mine. He called me and we chatted about the arrest. Ray just needed to tell the truth and he lied at the scene.