1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Complete list of all 18 UDFA's

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Sydalish, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,804
    Thanks Twitter! :p
    http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=68033

The San Diego Chargers agree to terms with 18 rookie free agents. The list includes four offensive linemen, four wide receivers, four defensive linemen, two tight ends, one cornerback, one safety, one fullback and one running back. The complete list of rookie free agents is below.

Player-Position-College

Samuel Allen T Grand Valley State
    Darry Beckwith LB Louisiana State
    Curtis Brinkley RB Syracuse
    Greg Carr WR Florida State
    Jeremy Childs WR Boise State
    Anthony Felder LB California
    Dan Gay T Baylor
    James Holt LB Kansas
    Rashaad Jackson NT Clemson
    Charles Martin WR West Texas A&M
    Ryan McDonald C Illinois
    Ben Muth G Stanford
    Wopamo Osaisai CB Stanford
    William Rentmeester FB Wisconsin
    Rodgeriqus Smith WR Auburn
    Kory Sperry TE Colorado State
    Claude Spillman S Marshall
    Jerimiah Wurzbacher TE North Dakota State

• Like Like x 1
  2. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Samuel Allen T from Grand Valley State,

From the home office in Grand Rapids Michigan!!!

:icon_toast::icon_toast:

http://gvsulakers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/allen_sam00.html

2007: Honorable Mention All-GLIAC selection...Earned third varsity letter...Started 12 games at left tackle...Missed one game with an ankle injury...Part of an offensive line that yielded just 11 sacks in 303 pass attempts...Helped the Laker offense average 472.0 yards and 38.2 points per game...Key figure of an offense that ranked among the top three of six categories in the GLIAC.

2006: Earned second varsity letter...Started all 15 games at left tackle for the Lakers...Key figure in an offensive line that allowed just 23 QB sacks in 15 games and 355 pass attempts...Helped the Laker offense averaged 391.9 yards and 35.5 points per game.

2005: Earned first varsity letter...Saw action as a reserve offensive lineman...Played on special teams.

2004: Redshirted.

High School: Prepped at Lansing (Mich.) Sexton High School...Played both tight end and defensive end...Caught 29 passes for 431 yards and tallied 81 tackles as a senior...Two-time All-CAAC selection as a defensive end and a tight end...Earned all-state honors as a senior...All-area pick as a junior and senior...Two-time All-CAAC Academic honoree...Participated in basketball and track & field...Class Valedictorian with a 4.1 (on a scale of 4.0) GPA...Member of the National Honor Society...French Club President.

Personal: Son of Richard and Margaret Allen...Enjoys playing golf.

3. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    The 2003 list of Chargers UDFAs; Antonio Gates, Kassim Osgood, Stephen Cooper, Kris Deilman and Jacques Cesaire.

Sammy Davis was the #1 draft pick that year.

Here's to a shiny pebble this year. :icon_toast:

• Like Like x 4
  4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Jackson the NT from Clemson, heard good things about him. That specifically he was better and more talented then Dorrell Scott

5. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Two TE's with one spot open on the roster.

6. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    If Greg Carr could get a bit bigger he could be a stud for us....He is a unbelieveable red zone target at 6'6". He was a monster at FSU but their lack of QB play and his lack of overall speed and toughness drop him off the charts...He is a project but could be a diamond in the rough.

7. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    I'm on record - my pick for "which FA will stick" is....

C.J. Spillman, FS, Marshall - a coverage safety that CAN tackle...

8. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,804
    We need someone to step in when Gates gets hurt... eventhough he's a monster and plays through crazy pain keeping him healthy is just as vital as keeping LT healthy if we want to win it all. He is THE premiere TE in the league and takes a pretty good beating. It would be nice to know that if he twists an ankle or something in the regular season, they can rest him a game or two instead of relying on him to play hurt b/c we're screwed w/out him.

Brandon made some big improvements last year and I liked how Norv started using him, I knwo some aren't too high on him but I think he's gonna be here in 09 and it makes me happy :D

That said, more competition for positions is a'ok by me - light a fire under all their asses AJ!

9. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Nice pickup.

• Like Like x 2
  10. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Wow, that's pretty impressive esp. at 6'6" tall, has good hands and gets YAC too. This could be another AJ sleeper right here. Man, AJ adds another tree at WR!

11. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Holy crap. That is an impressive list.

3 probowlers and 2 solid starters (assuming Cesaire starts this year). Wonder if there has ever been such a UDFA class of that caliber in the league before.

12. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Not sure how accurate the list below is but using it as a guide, A.J. landed the 1st, 7th and 20th ranked UDFAs. Looks like Mr. Smith knows his shitt when it comes to some hidden gems :tup:

http://cfn.scout.com/2/860536.html

14. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Wow. That's amazing LOL.

I can drink to that :icon_toast:

15. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +272
    Beckwith was pretty high on lots of teams draft boards. I like the signing. But I think we've signed enough LBs.