1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Congrats From A Philly Fan

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Lunatic Fringe, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Lunatic Fringe

Lunatic Fringe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    As hard as it is for me to do this, I felt it was my obligation to offer you my congratulations on your hard fought win. This game reminded me of so many of those games you guys normally lose. But now you have a more mature QB, apparently a wiser coach and now a clear path to another division title. It would be great to see you again in the play-offs but that would mean it would be the Super Bowl and my birds have a long ways to go.

As for MY team :icon_huh: I have no idea what Andy Reid is thinking half the time. We go out and get a 250 Lb, versatile FB in Leonard Weaver but rarely use him in goal line or short yardage plays. On top of that, can't Reid grow some nut sacks and try for a TD when you're down by 14 and at your 6 inch line? Trading FGs for TDs is a losing formula :tdown:

Anyway, enough about my disappointing team. Again, great game despite my sorrow and hope you guys can take it to the rest of the AFC :tup:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Nice post & thanks for the props. Next week we'll make certain that your loss was our gain. :tup:

3. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,824
    Lunatic;

I was impressed by the showing of your fans to our stadium, and that they represented themselves well. Well-behaved, too. But that might have been from the fact that there was not too much to rave about. I just don't see how old Andy chose to bring a passing game against us when your RB's could have carried a ton in this game. (29 yds rushing?) Crazy, but even though our defense gave up 450 yds plus in passing, the Chargers D did not give up a big play.
    The fans that I met from your team were very cordial and I even had my photo taken with a few of them, they were knowledgeable of the game, and respectful of our team and fans.

Pointy :icon_twisted:

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Carpe Diem et omni Mundio Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +3,003
    Thanks for a hell of a game, and good luck to ya the rest of the way - we'll try to help you out by beating Dallas and the Redskins later :yes:

5. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Thanks for the classy post, good luck rest of the season.

6. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Thanks for the post.

Now beat Denver for us. :tup:

They (the Broncos) have no offense.

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +5,039
    :yes: :tup: :yes:

8. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,817
    Lunatic - thanks for being such a great sport - you and some of the other Eagles fans I met this weekend could teach other fanbases a thing or two that's for sure! Best of luck with the rest of your season!

9. Lunatic Fringe

Ratings:
    +6
    Hey, thanks for the kudos and best wishes for the Birds. Glad to hear that our fans weren't the idiots we're most times made out to be. We might be fanatics at times but all in all, we're fans just like you. I have seen some unreal BS from some of our fans though, especially before Jeffrey Lurie took over. Mr. Lurie seems to want some semblance of civilization in the stadium and he even brought back our old fight song, maybe corny to a lot of you but us old timers like it :lol:

I have a good friend whose a Cowboy fan (yeah I know, I should drop him). You guys made his day with your win since Green Bay gave them an a$$ whippin. I do like your chances against them if you can stop the run. Just put the ball in ****'s hands and pressure him like the Packers did.

All Eagles fans will be pulling for you guys in that game, especially in Jerry's palace. You can count on us to try and stomp on the Broncos as well.

:flag: FLY EAGLES FLY :flag:

10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,779
    this
    and this

Good luck the rest of the way Lunatic. :tup:

11. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Good luck to you - thanks for your posting.
    Eagles are my No.1 team in the NFC east!

:icon_toast:

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
  13. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +445
    Great post lunatic, and thx for the props....Glad to see a diehard fan that is normal....lol.

Good luck to the birds the rest of the season, hope Westbrook is ok.

:tup:

14. Zot

Zot Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Stay classy, Lunatic.
    :tup:
    Later

15. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +366
    Thanks Lunatic! :tup:

BTW, your screename resembles a great song by Red Rider, which was used in the classic 80's movie "Vision Quest"...

I like Philly, I have alot of family there and always enjoy my visits, (and Pat's cheessteaks) especially listenting to sports talk radio while I'm there. The only time I ever root against any Philadelphia team, is when they're playing one from San Diego.

16. Lunatic Fringe

Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks to everyone for the kind words. LT Express, I think Westbrook's career may be in jeopardy :unsure: Two concussions, so close together, along with those ankle problems. I'm worried to be honest. LeSean McCoy is a similar style back but has trouble going north and south when he REALLY needs to. Where Westbrook stands head and shoulders over McCoy is in blitz pick-ups. McCoy hasn't even mastered the simple chip block while going out on screens.

17. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,604
    Hey LF-

Classy post! :icon_toast:

My dad was from Philly and I still have a ton of relatives there. Watched Herm's fumble recovery that launched the birds into the playoffs that year with my Dad on TV.

Good luck. Don't be a stranger around here. :bolt:

18. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud, former San Diego Charger fan.

Ratings:
    +432
    LF, It is nice to have a rational fan from another team in here. Good luck going forward...especially against Denver! Sorry about Westbrook, I thought he came back a little too soon. Concussions pretty much ended Stan Humphries career among others. Westbrook should probably call it a career soon before the concussions do any more damage to his brain.

On a happier note, McCoy may just need a full season to pickup the finer points like picking up the blitz.

19. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    A gracious post, sir. If you will be kind enough to beat the Broncs, we'll see to the Boys. Maybe we'll have at each other again in the best of all possible worlds.

20. Airw0lf

Airw0lf BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks for the kind words and good luck to the Eagles. I will always wish you especially well against the Cowboys and the Giants.

Yeah and what's the deal with this vertical passing obsession? Wasn't that part of the reason you guys lost to Oakland? Basically all passing and no running?

21. Lunatic Fringe

Ratings:
    +6
    Yes Lancer, my screename is borrowed from that Red Rider song. I love the quirky sound of the term :icon_tease:

My favorite song from them is one that kind of reminds me of how both the Eagles and Chargers get knocked down early in the season but get back up and get themselves back in the race again!