1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Congrats to the Chargers for a good season

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by When Lightning Strikes, Jan 11, 2009.

1. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    At least we got to watch our boys in the divisional rounds this year instead of watching the broncos!!

Congrats on turning a crappy 8-8 season into something worth watching in the end!

See ya next year Bolts!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Lets take it all in '09

Sign Sproles!

Sign Merriman!

Get a bonified backup RB!

3. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    True.. I sure didn't expect to see us get this far during the KC game.

Having said that, there are some gaping holes on this team and AJ has to figure out how to plug em. :unsure:

• Like Like x 1
  4. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    start with the O-line and get shawn and LT back in the game

Sign Peppers!!

5. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Definately a better end to the season than I expected a couple months ago.:icon_toast:

That said the FO has alot of work to do this off season.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    Nice work this year guys.....snatched victory from the clutches of defeat in the regular season. I'll look forward to seeing your guys against my guys in the playoffs next year.

7. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    this was an interesting season, ive never seen any one place go to hell in a handbasket so quick... then come back again.

8. VJ IS THE MAN!!!!!

VJ IS THE MAN!!!!! BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +16
    Agree with you all. Glad to see some positive fans that took a crappy season to a very respectful season. Could have been better but remember we were 4-8! Can't wait til next year!!!!!

remember 1 thing...............

VJ IS THE MAN!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    they made a very good comeback when they were basically DOA, but I expected super bowl. They didn't get it, they had the talent to ergo its a disappointing season

10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I'm glad we ruined Denver and Indy's seasons

• Like Like x 1
  11. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    QFT. Peyton and Sheli are done. That's something to be thankful for. Let's go Cardinals.

12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    There we agree! :abq1:

13. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    It's been an exciting month.

I'm fukin drained from this season but at least they fought back and made it fun at the end.

Cutler and Peyton didn't play today. :no:

Fix the defense AJ. :yes: :icon_evil:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Helljumper

Helljumper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +54
    It was a great season. I'm not sure about next year but the way we came back to even make the playoffs and then won a huge game against a good team was great to watch.

There is a lot of work that needs to be done this offseason and Sproles must be re-signed.

15. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    :icon_toast:

16. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    :yes: :tup:

17. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    The defense will be fixed - now that Ron is at the helm and has an entire offseason to implement HIS system - not Teddy the Hut's.

18. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    The D will be better next year with Rivera staying and Merriman coming back. Thanks SD for the great surge at the end of the season. The last 5 weeks is an early preview of next seasons Championship run.

19. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Thank you Chargers for a nice ride, and for the multiple memories I will take with me from this season. So many passes by Philip with laser action pin point accuracy, often times with VJack on the other end. Philip's the record holder for most Td's in our teams history. The list goes on and on pertaining to milestones and just mind blowing highlights. This team never quit after losing key components to both sides of the ball.

The heart of you guys and the grit you showed was something special to watch and feel apart of. Sitting behind the team at the game in Tampa (not wearing my Charger colors :( it was a last second decision, and ticket pickup), was a great experience my 3 and a half year old son shared together. I told Jeremy Newberry I would keep the crowd quite for the team while he was outside the teams hotel, they did the job just fine on their own. Yelling at philip to get his attention, just to shout "Great game baby"! I got Vjack and Cason's attention as well, and congratulated as best I could with the eye contact I had. My son had a great time and didn't make me leave my seat too many times, he also finished his huge hot dog quicker than I, which made me proud. The game had it all, Rivers first game throwing 4 td's, LT looking like LT, Cason's pick six, Jammers monster hit on Garcia. Coop waving goodbye to the local faithful with few minutes on the clock. Leaving the stadium I was on such a high and your play was the dealer.

I will remember seeing stars emerge onto a grander stage and capture the national spotlight. It's funny to Chargers fans that it takes so long for the nation to learn what we had mostly known all along. The confidence and leadership of our atheletes bleeds into the fans and assures me good things come to those who wait. If our future is dependant on the heart and true grit of the core of this team, we are headed for certain success, and a kick *** season in '09 as bolt faithful.

If I had to pick THE lasting image of the season it would have to go to Mr. Sproles and his 20+ yard Td run to seal the deal vs the Colts. Truley magical performance by a stellar athelete.

Many of the team were more than worthy of individual awards, and yet were barely even considered. The professionalism of the players was abundantly clear post pro bowl selection.

Thank you for a great 08', now let's go out and get a ring in '09!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    I am looking forward to see how this team will do next year, with the same coaching staff and healthy players to start the season. The AFC West will still be in turmoil and could be ours for the taking!

21. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    We already have that. We just need a HC who's smart enough to utize LT, Sproles, and Hester.

NORV IS STUPID!!!

22. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Thanks Chargers for the season and effort.:tup:

23. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    I can't say how many times I said this team "sucks" this year only to be saddled up the following week just as excited as the last to watch them. This post-season was a definite treat to get to watch them especially the way things started. Deep down inside I felt that if they made the playoffs they wouldn't go all the way and I truely believe that Pitt was the only team to stop us and unfortunately they did. But that does not and will not take away from a emotional rollercoaster of a year for us.

Next year hopefully will be our year!

24. clontarf_bolt

clontarf_bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +40
    Hell yes and I was there for both games!! I gotta thank the Chargers for those two unbelievable days..this season had a lot of gut wrenching horriblness but all in all they played really well when theyre backs were against the wall and we just gotta hope that they dont get themselves into the same situation next season

Roll on the draft and lets see what happens:tup:

25. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Nice assessment!! :tup: :icon_toast:

26. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    yep im with you, we were one of the 8 teams left while 24 other teams were at home and at one point we were 4-8, u cant ask for much more

27. clontarf_bolt

clontarf_bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +40
    i dunno how stupid norv is or whatever but god damn we gotta use hester more than once or twice per game!!!

28. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    This should be in our memory. 3 consecutive times under the best 8 teams. We'll get another shot!

29. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Sign VJ. :yes:

30. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Dont you mean BDA? :icon_huh: