1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Congrats to the G-men (and even Eli)

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TBF, Feb 3, 2008.

1. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Eli is still a scrub in my book in that he treated the Chargers like ****, but that last drive was a thing of beauty... He earned my respect a little bit today. Good for Strahan and a few others as well.

The only thing worse then a NY team is the Patriots.

Congrats NYG from a Charger fan in Temecula.
    :abq2:
    TBF

• Like Like x 1
  2. blitznd33

blitznd33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    My opinion of Eli is still sour from the draft four years ago, but he most definitely deserved all the kudos for their win yesterday. Last week, my thoughts were as much as I didn't want the Pats to win, I didn't want Eli win even more. His performance yesterday changed that. Congrats to the NY "Football" Giants.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    NEVER! NEVER! NEVER!

Stan :rivers17:

• Like Like x 1
  4. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Well said... congrats to the Giants except Eli Manning.

As a Charger fan this SB was still no win/no win. In some ways I wish the Pats had won. I could only come up with one negative to the Pats winning... that being that they would have the claim to the best season in NFL history. However, with the Giants win there are two distinct negatives... #1 Eli wins a SB, #2 those douche bag '72 Dolphins get to keep on toasting.

Good for you guys, your QB is still a classless jerk off.

5. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    WOW...a sane poster!!!!
    You know, as much as a dislike seeing Eli get his ring first, I suppose now that it's over, it's just not that important.
    Rivers will get his, and I do think that once he has as much starting experience as Eli, he will be even better.
    Yes Eli was very good, and in fact, was very good all through the playoffs. So, begrudging congrat's.

Watching a Pat's last couple games, I can see that if healthy, the BOlts are also a better team than the Pat's, next year the AFC should go through our team...but we'll see.

So for now, congrat's to the Giants on a well played game...and it looks like your QB has come of age.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    They earned it. :yes: :bolt:

The Manning/BRoth/Rivers QB class is turning out to be pretty damn good.

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    100% agree. Eli did grudgingly earn some respect yesterday. But remember. While he has had 4 years starting to build up like this, Rivers has only had two, and is doing a hell of a job. He (Rivers) will get his. As long as we continue to beat any Manning who plays against us, all is good in my book!:tup:

8. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    As I said before: My hatred for Eli pales in comparison to my disdain for the Patriots' arrogance. :yes:

9. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I was pro Patriots all week. But then I caught a little bit of the pregame yesterday; they showed an NFL Films recap of the end of the AFC Championship. Looking at all those smug faces after the Pats beat us, I changed my tune and decided to back the New York Football Giants.

If really feels great, knowing that the Pats’ perfect season has been ruined. If that means Eli Manning has a Lombardi, that is more than a fair trade in my book.

10. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    let's not lose site of the fact that the gnats Defense won that game more that sheli, he gets some props for the last drive but had it not been for the defense taking a chapter out of OUR book, I don't think they win

:tup:

11. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    He did a fine job, but if not for his defense, that last drive means nothing.

The Giants D won the Super Bowl.

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    No thanks. There will be enough NFL media sucking off the Manning family for eternity now!!! :puke:

In between every fuking game... you'll see at least 8 Payton commercials, 7 Eli commercials and 6 Manning family commercials!!! :puke:

Two seasons, two Manning titles!!! :puke: :puke:

13. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Turk was the NFL MVP... Just sayin...

14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Screw She-li, congrats Giants, phuc the Pats. :yes:

Now She-li, Archie, & Elway can go sit around in their panties & tell war stories while drinking fruity little drinks with parasols. :icon_twisted:

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    And umbrellas? :lol:

16. Boltzzz

Boltzzz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    well said, you will NEVER here me congratulate that piece of **** Sheli, it aint gonna happen

17. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    One thing I predicted to all Charger fans dead set on rooting for the Giants is be careful what you wish for......now that puke Sheli is the toast of the town......he has 4 good games in a row and all of a sudden he's talked about like he's Terry Bradshaw. I warned all.....in a couple of weeks after the game...should the Giants win....you'll be sorry they did with all the Eli ****. And to make matters worse...the POS ended up the MVP.

I've been arguing with knuckleheads over on a Colts forum regarding Eli and Rivers. I bring up all statistical data to support my arguments...their argument is simple...Eli has a ring. Big deal...so does Trent Dilfer...so does Brad Johnson.....

Eli is fortunate that the ball he threw up for grabs was hauled in by Tyree...which was one of the most amazing catches you'll ever see. He also threw a duck that Assante Samuel had go right thru his hands...game over. I realize that's football...breaks are part of the game....but that little puke Eli was an EYELASH away from being his old self....a BUM.

Eli Manning has a career passer rating of 73, and a career comp % of 56. That's 4 years of starting. In today's NFL, those numbers are PATHETIC for a QB that is hyped as much as Eli is. PATHETIC.

With those 4 year numbers, he'd already be a backup QB if his last name wasn't Manning.:yes:

Screw Eli...and Screw the Giants.:yes:

(This is how a Charger fan living in the NY area thinks):tup::abq2:

18. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    EXACTLY!!!
    Dilfer and Johnson are NOT media darlings like ShElie!!!
    How many commercials have you seen featuring Dilfer or Johnson after the won the Super Bowl? EXACTLY!!!!
    How many ShEli commercials did you see before he won the Super Bowl?!!!

With that said... Both Dilfer and Johnson had a great defense to hep them out when they played in the Super Bowl.

Brad Johnson 18/34 215 2 1
    Trent Dilfer 12/25 153 1 0
    Eli Manning 19/34 255 2 1

Eli's statistics were not that much higher. Why didn't Brad and Trent get MVP?!!!!

19. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Wake the fuc up as well. :tdown:

How the fuc is this over? :icon_wtf:

This vindicates Ernie Acorsi (you know - the dude who got grilled on THE trade) plus slaps San Diego again in the face (their QB has the hardware and Rivers is in traction).

I do not see anything sane at all if you like **** shoved right back at ya and if so open wide and say "ahhh".

The only way this sting gets relieved is by holding up the whole tamale - the big enchilada here in San Diego.

20. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    ........and for Eli's efforts (another example why salary cap mensas have no clue what they preach) plus anyone want to guess what Rivers got ?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 2:39 p.m. EST, February 11, 2008

ELI PICKS UP AN EXTRA $1.5 MILLION

As reported initially by Adam Schefter of NFL Network a few weeks back and reiterated by Liz Mullen of Sports Business Journal in the wake of the Giants' victory in Super Bowl XLII, quarterback Eli Manning reeled in an additional $1.5 million in total incentives based on victories at the various levels of the playoffs.

He made $250,000 for winning at the wild-card level, $500,000 in the divisional round, $250,000 for the conference title, and another $500,000 for the Super Bowl.

The incentives were included within Manning's rookie contract.

"For the first-pick quarterback we have done things like that on virtually all of them, to varying degrees," agent Tom Condon told Mullen. "We had a good, hefty one in there for Eli."

The money will count against the Giants' 2008 salary cap.

21. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37

Amen.

Is it good the Pats lost? **** yea......:yes:

Is it good they lost to the Giants and Eli was the MVP? HELL NO!!!!:tdown:

22. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942

Rivers 6-year contract (August, 2004) pays him $40.5 million, including a $14.25 million signing bonus. He can earn $10 million more in incentives.

Does anyone know Rivers' incentive schedule?

23. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Psst.....that is not public knowledge plus I think Rivers would probably say, " 'taint none of your business " :lol: :yes:

How many Chargers fans would willingly open their "books" to the public ? I would venture to say not many.

Players contracts follow a standard CBA template (fill in the blanks).

I have never seen an incentive schedule published in its entirety anywhere. There are some things I suspect the player would want to keep private but in this day and age of "I wanna know everything", the proctoscopes are at the ready.

Ciao.

24. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Inquiring taints want to know.

bon au revoir

25. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
  26. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Glad people are finally catching on. Dude did well enough to not blow it for his team (though he tried), and won the MVP on the back of his defense.