1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Congrats........

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by titanfan24, Dec 10, 2007.

1. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    Guys,

Sorry I didn't post this last night, but my wireless card went out at the tailgate (which capped off an ugly hour or so for me), and the lady friend wanted a steak, which I needed for comfort food, LOL!!

Just wanted to come over and offer my congrats on the win yesterday. Its a hard one to stomach over here, but the team that had one more bullet (#21) won the game. The Titans are a young team, and it shows late in games where they just can't close games out against good teams. The lack of playmakers outside really causes us issues in this matchup because we can't exploit your weakness at the safety spots and you can play everyone close and spy Vince and take his running element out of the game. Plus, he just wasn't right after the injury, you could see it. Maybe a sternum or a rib, but he just looked physically uncomfortable.

Trust me, sitting twelve rows from the field, this was as nasty and physical a game as you will ever see. Two teams that just weren't taking any s*** from each other the whole way. The true difference in this game was the job that Mike Scifres and Kasim Osgood did on special teams in the fourth quarter and OT. Two of the Titans' last four drives started on their own 2 and 1 yards respectively. That's what won the game for San Diego, more than what Rivers, LT, Gates, or the horrible camera angles on 4th and 5 did. Field position was vital and you had it when you needed it.

Anyways, good luck going forward and handle your business down the stretch. Its a shame what happened to Lo Neal, he was one of my all-time favorite Titans and the job he's done in San Diego has been great. I hope its not the end for him.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    Was wondering when you were going to show up. Thanks for checking in and for showing class as always. :tup:

That game was a real headknocker. Both teams were whipping the crap out of each other and daring the other to come back at 'em. Both teams are going to spending a lot of time in the Trainers' room this week...ouch.

Thanks for the well-wishes going forward, hope the Titans get in that last wild card spot. Rematch at our place anyone? :icon_eek:

3. Bolt Action

Bolt Action BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    That was one of the hardest hitting games that I can remember. There's going to be some sore mf'rs around the hot tub today.:lol:

4. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    Titanfan = true class

Your team isn't that far away, growing pains suck don't they :yes:

5. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,584
    Classy post, from a classy fan. :icon_toast:

I can only imagine what it must have been like watching this game from the stands. :icon_eek:

The loss of Neal is BIG. He's LT's battering ram at the line. Hopefully Pinnock can step up.

6. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Don't hang your head, Bro, that was a valiant effort by the Titans, and they took the Chargers and their fans to the absolute limits, as many here will attest to!! :yes:

7. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    Absolutely.

I cannot be mad at this particular Titans team, because they play hard. Its just not going to end well at times when you're depending on a 23 year old QB who is 18 months removed from the Mack Brown spread option, a 22 year old overweight RB, a rag tag bunch of receivers, and your best player is in NFL pergatory.

It doesn't matter how good your D-Line is when you can't make people pay on the scoreboard. That 17-3 lead could have been 27-3. If that happens, LT is rendered useless and Rivers has to throw it exclusively and Haynesworth and Vanden Bosch get to tee off. Instead, we leave the D to die a slow death.

It sucks, but its a learning experience. Like I told Loren and Ray the other day on the show, the Titans were flirting with being a year ahead of schedule. Vince just has to keep grinding and the FO has to get some solid receivers in here.

8. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    But with Fisher as HC you'll have no problem, another year or two you guys will be tearing it up :yes:

9. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    Excellent game TitanFan.

I would only add one comment, which is for your coaching staff to stop making VY be a pure pocket passer.

Let VY be VY. There were several times I thought he was going to take off but didn't because I guess he wanted to stay in the pocket.

10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    TF24, thanks for checking in and breaking it down from your POV.

This was a straight gut check for us. Just a WAR out there on the field. I agree, field position was MONSTER in the 4th.

TF24, why the leash on VY? I totally expected him (and he definately had opportunities to do so) to run a bit more than he did. Is he being held back? Pocket Passer is not his MO.

11. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    Well,

I think he was REALLY hurt yesterday on that mishap in the backfield. He never looked right yesterday after that. I don't know if his bell got rung, or if it was a rib or sternum, but he looked out of sorts.

12. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    You are a class act TF24! You are always welcome here in my book!

Your defensive line.... FUGGIN SCARRY!

13. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Titanfan you are a true class act. :tup:

Brutal game, I mean brutal. That was definitely one of the most physical games I've seen the bolts play, maybe ever. Guys were letting their emotions get the better of them. It was almost hard to watch at times.

14. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    We always enjoy your visits and input TF24!!!!

I know that was a tough loss to swallow for Titans fans but what a great game. That was one of the most physical games I've ever seen. It was a smash mouth as you can get!!!

Thanks for the congrats!!! :bolt:

15. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    This game was everything I thought it was going to be. :yes: :bolt:

Haynesworth is unbelievable. That's an angry human being. :icon_eek:

16. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Haynesworth and Vander Bosch better make the pro bowl.

W/ a more mature Vince Young, a few good, young WR's, and a solid TE, Titans will be scary good next season.

17. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Classiest opposing fan I have seen in my many years of posting on Charger message boards...

Good luck to you guys when you're not playing us or someone we need to beat you...

18. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Please pass on our thanks to Lendale White for mocking Merriman as well as coach Fisher for calling in some cheap shots. That **** pissed our team off and thus a crushing defeat for the Titans.

GL. :bolt:

19. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    LOL,

Fish did learn football from Mike Ditka and Mr. Bounty Bowl himself, Buddy Ryan. I had no problem with what they did. The only trash that you will ever hear from me is that Shawne needs to finish the game if he's gonna talk, instead of getting punked by skill position guys. You'd never see Lawrence Taylor or Derrick Thomas get punked by the likes of Ben Hartsock and little Mo Drew. The QB's on both teams showed more heart than he did yesterday, by a long shot.

20. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Huh? Finish the game after getting cheap shotted to the knee? He is getting an MRI on it today. And let's be honest, Mawae is a dirty piece of **** who finds himself in the middle of this kind of garbage all the time. Shawne was absolutely OWNING the Titans before the dirtbag play of your team.

It's funny how much anger Lights Out brings out from other teams fans. At least Shawne got the last laugh. Scoreboard.

Good luck with the rest of your season, TF24. Maybe our teams will cross paths again come January.

Cheers!

21. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    No doubt, Mawae and his understudy, David Stewart, are two of the nastiest players in the league. But when you "put yourself out there" like Shawne does with his attitude, reputation, and that little dance he does, you have to know guys are going to get you. And you always have to take into account who you're playing when you go out there. Fisher is old school and takes pride in having a physical bunch and while I doubt he "instructed" guys to go after Merriman, he would have probably been disappointed if they didn't.

He's a good player, but if you want to talk it, you better be prepared to walk it. He puts the target on himself.

22. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Man I hope we don't have to play you guys again, yeow was that a tough game

Much love to ya Chris, your a good man and get lots of respect from us here.

23. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Man, what a game!! I haven't sat on the edge of my seat like that while watching a Chargers game in awhile. That may have been the hardest-hitting game I've seen since I was a kid.

Thanks for the congrats, TF24. You're a classy fan.

But let me ask you something - what is Haynesworth so pissed off about? :lol:

That's a very large, scary human being. Rivers earned a lot of my respect yesterday to withstand the beating that he took from Haynesworth & Vanden Bosch. :tup:

See ya in the playoffs!