1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Congressional Medal Of Honor Recipients

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BFISA, Apr 9, 2009.

1. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    • Like Like x 1
  2. fan4ever

fan4ever BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    When is the human race going to stop glorifying war? Are we just a bunch of hairless monkeys clubbing our neighbors for lies? There is no honor in war. Killing is killing. Look closer at history and you will see that even WWII was a set up. Grandaddy bush made his money backing the nazis. Fact. Pearl Harbor was allowed to happen to stir up the American people. rumsfeld, chenny, rove and bush were part of the nixon administration that gave sadam his weapons. This country is getting gutted by these types and will be a 4th world nation. It's pretty sad that the money for one stadium could cure homelessness, a situation created by the reagan admin. Has your job been outsourced lately? What's left, pushing burgers, parking imported cars? In your heart you know what is right or wrong so act. I come to this forum for football talk and it just pisses me off that some war lovers just can't get enough of patting themselves on the back. I'm a Lied to Vietnam vet.

3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    You're certainly entitled to your opinion; I don't agree with it.

4. fan4ever

fan4ever BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    Did you serve?

5. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
  6. fan4ever

fan4ever BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    I respect those who wore the uniform I just can't see hugging the flag for lies. You can find the facts if you look deep enough. I just hope people will pay more attention to history and stop repeating it. "They say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one" John Lennon

7. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Again, your opinion, you're welcome to it; I don't happen to share it.

At any rate, however you spin it, you can't deny the courage and uncommon valor of the men that wear the Medal Of Honor, and that's what this thread is about.

8. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    I totally agree.

I would love to hear their story's in detail. It would be better than any history book.

9. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Do I sense a little jealousy here?

Those that came home from Vietnam were spit on in the Airports.

Today those soldiers walk through those same Airports and people buy them food and drink, they get out of the way and yield the right of way to them. When they fly on airplanes the captains acknowledge that they are in fact on the airplane, and cheers and clapping go out to them.

They are receiving a hero’s welcome, and we came home the complete opposite getting spit on.

I did not go into country, but I am a Vietnam Era Vet, and I am proud of what I did. I would not change one bit of my life. I am the better person for doing what I did.

The times are different now; the people look at the Military in a completely different way now. I have been working for the Navy since 1980 in the Civil Service. I just flew to Florida last week on Orders, and I saw what our troops are going through in the Airport first hand, I had my seats upgraded on the way back from Florida last week because of that same feeling and respect for the Military.

My oldest is in Iraq as I write this. When he came home wearing his Uniform after Basic Training and his Tech School on his way to his first PCS assignment, I walked just behind him at Lindbergh Field, the people moved out of his way, they gave him respect.

Is that what you are missing, the respect they are getting.

Well thank you for serving and our country is stronger because of your commitment!

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    [​IMG]

11. Game123

Game123 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +97
    This is sad and very telling. We have two Americas. One that believes in the blessings, opportunities, and potential of the United States... and one that sees the United States as an evil empire that imposes itself upon other nations as a cruel oppressor.

This thread, IMO, was started as a way to say 'thanks' to those who served this nation and sacrifice all for her. I'm sorry to see that someone could not see the positive side to this thread and had to interject their phucked up two cents into it. Sometimes its better to not say anything than to be an online azzhole for all the world to see.

• Like Like x 2
  12. jerry62

jerry62 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +15
    If you don't have pride in your country and your people, what do you have left? There will unfortunately, always be wars. Its just the way it is. We need to be prepared and be on the winning side. Besides, the majority of the troops our we, the middle class people.

• Like Like x 2
  13. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    You can go here to read any Medal of Honor citation.

14. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    ...and here for photos.

15. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
  16. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings: