1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Contract Crybabies

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ThunderHorse17, Jun 5, 2012.

1. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Apr 10, 2010
    Ok this jus struck me as Go Figure type reporting.

I kno alot of you will agree with the article and Gholdson and Griffins right to equal pay for relativly identical #s, but where are the Tackles #s?

I got a feelin Weddle has them beat by 100+ over the same career span. Ok maybe more like 60, but that still is close to a average of one more a game.

At least they did manage to point out what I was when countering the whole Weddles the highest paid S in the league chirping others would throw at a Weddle defending fan.
  2. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Feb 3, 2012
    The article wasn't talking about players holding out, but rather players balking at being franchised tagged. This isn't about the players, but rather about the paradigm shift experienced going from the old to new CBA, and how the disparity between initial annual salary and the franchise tag has grown.

Back to your question, contract terms aren't framed around tackles, they're framed around impact plays.