1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cool Video!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Apr 8, 2009.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
  2. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    Very cool vid. I like the music selection too!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    That vid just made me really realize how great Rivers and the recievers were. Here's hoping for an even more astounding season from those guys - we're talking #1 offense.

Is it September yet?

• Like Like x 1
  4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    In the last bit of footage, I heard a name that I hope to hear a lot this season...

HESTER!!!! :bolt:

5. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Love that 'handshake' between Rivers and Cutler. :icon_rofl:

Jay couldn't get out of there fast enough. Seconds later, he was telling a sideline reporter that the Chargers "didn't do anything, we just didn't stop 'em". Jay also estimated that in the Chargers' playoff game the next week "Indy'll handle 'em pretty good."

Yes, Jay is called The Golden Douchebag for some very good reasons!

6. fan4ever

fan4ever BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    I am so smiling.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    I enjoyed the "you're my b*tch, and you know it" look on Rivers' face.

• Like Like x 1
  8. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Fine cuts and music. Hope the Chargers get a better start this year.:icon_toast:

9. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I think the word miracle is overstating it a little.:icon_shrug: They were supposed to be a 12 win AFC Championship/Super Bowl contender. They massively underachieved all year and thanks to the collapse of the rest of the division they squeaked into the playoffs. After winning the wildcard game against the Colts they were promptly annhilated by the Steelers who were head and shoulders the better team.

Our pass D is always a major concern, but if you watch highlights last season our rushing D was a joke! The epidomy of a soft, unmotivated, Norv Turner led team. If you think I'm exaggerating, consider that they were the 25th ranked D in the NFL, and still the #1 ranked D in he AFC West. If this division didn't suck so much I'd say we have a decent shot at missing the playoffs in 09'.

To sum up, its time for them to get their **** together.

10. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,805
    dude... c'mon, can we just enjoy what we did get last season? Just a little? Nothing wrong with a little positivity!

It wasn't all bad :icon_tease:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Eveyone who bought into the hype that the Chargers were unbeatable last season and are bent that we only won 8 games, or some of those fans who say they are embarassed we 'only' won 8 games are not considering all that happened.

Everything that the team went through, from the loss to Denver which had a mental impact on the players, the firing of the DC and everything else should have seen this team colapse.

Instead they fought, they were handed NOTHING! They took everything. So if that embarases you, too bad. I am proud that they reclaimed their spot. If you disagree that is your right, but I think the Chargers showed spirt, grit and moxy by not failing to pull the division from Denver.

• Like Like x 2
  12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    So should we be proud to be 8-8?
    I realize all that happened but look at our division? If we were in the AFC East, South, or North... that would be one thing. But our division is the worst in the league. It should have been a cake walk.

We had our moments but we still should have played better than we did. Absolutely no reason why we shouldn't have won at least 10 games.

And the excuse about the Denver game is garbage. We could have stopped them from the 2 pt conversion.
    And yes, we were handed something. How did we control the Donks losing three straight games before we faced them?

All in all, I'd say we made the best out of a bad situation.

13. Bergo23

Bergo23 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    The D ain't on Norv, its on the players first, then the coaches. Rivera will have our D prepared for a run at the Lombardi. If we stay relatively healthy.........this will be the best D the Chargers have ever had in franchise history!!!!! I hope AJ finds away to get Jarron Gilbert, that guy could be a monster next to big Jamal and Luis!!!!!:abq1::abq1::abq2::abq1::icon_toast:

14. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I hope your right, but I wonder how much Rivera really knows about the 3-4 defense and if he'll know how to use #56 and #95 like Wade Phillips did.

I'm not sold on Jarron Gilbert, the biggest thing he's done is have a hit viral video. He's ranked on most big boards as the 5th best DT in the draft, and he's a early-mid 2nd rounder at best, where the Chargers don't have a pick. Ron Brace and Peria Jerry are safer picks, and they are also in the 20-45 range, the Chargers would be smart to trade back if they really wan't one of these guys.

15. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Maybe everyone set the expectations too high?

16. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Ask any player what their expectations for the Chargers are in 2009, I'd bet you $100 bucks they say at least the AFC Championship game.

I'd say thats reasonable for a team with names like Philip Rivers, Tomlinson, Merriman, Gates, Jackson, McNeil, Dielman, Hardwick, Williams, Jammer, and Phillips. Thats 11 players, and I'd even add names like Cromartie, Castillo, Scifers, and Chambers to the list if they can get healthy.......who are pro bowl caliber players.

What we need is a coach with some balls who can put it all together.

17. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    Maybe the players need to show their "balls" and step it up !

Just curious, have you ever been a coach?

18. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Your right, I should allow the possibility that maybe the players just arn't motivated enough.....but you can't argue that this is an even better team than the one Marty wen't 14-2 with, and Norv took to the AFC Championship game in 07'. That being said, 8-8 is unacceptable no matter who the coach is. Norv is notorius for letting the players govern and self motivate themselves, maybe its time he kicked some *** rather than sit back and watch this team start 4-8 again.

No I've never been a football coach, but I always thought I'd make a pretty good one, maybe I'll get into it someday when I have time.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    It makes me laugh how A LOT of people in here claimed that Marty was holding us back... Now their story is "Norv is great and our talent is bad."

Talk about fake fans... I suggest they get off the bandwagon and go watch Norv play golf during the off season!

20. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    As far as I'm concerned, the #1 goal for the Chargers and any other team is you build your team to win your Division. That gets you into the playoffs. The next step is to build your team to win the Conference. The ultimate goal is to win the Super Bowl.

I hope you get the chance to coach.
    I had a lot of fun when I was coaching baseball. :yes:
    You'll find that no matter how much you have a team prepaired, once you step on the field....It's all (for the most part) up to the players.

21. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I think with a healthy Merriman, LT and Rivera to run the D from the get-go, we will not stumble out the gate like last year. I expect no worse than 11-5 this season. 8-8 is NOT going to cut it this season and we lucked out that our division sucked worse. Let's dominate this season and get into the playoffs with a full head of steam. We can match up with ANYBODY if we play to our potential!!!!

22. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Great vid.

Songs on madden. :yes:

Working on one w/ the song Re-Education by Rise Against.

Coming Sooon!!! :tup:

23. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    I'd like to be that positive but look at our schedule, and consider how poorly the Chargers have done against good teams.

@NYG
    @DAL
    @TENN
    @PITT
    vsMIA
    vsBAL
    vsPHI

Those are all tough games for any team in this league. I see 11-5 only if Merriman and LT return to full strength.

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Yup, no need to play the next season because some of our more profetic posters already know the team is a failure. Probably the same ones who cry and have melt downs about winning the division with only 8 wins, because the Bronco fans pick on them about it... :unsure:

lets see how this terrible team has done against Matilack's great teams shall we? Yes... Lets do...

NYG Last meeting the Chargers drummed the Giants for 45 points. The series is 5-4 in favor of the Giants.

Are we soo afraid of the Giants who have lost 2 of their running backs that we want to call this game a loss already? Is this the faith of a die hard fan, or the antics of someone trying to protect their fragile ego/emotional stability already?

DAL Last game in 2005 we lost a narrow one by 4 points. the cowboys lead the series 6-2. However their receiver corp is a big unknown. This one is not 'unwinnable' by any stretch of the imagination. With key losses on both sides of the ball, serious questions remain as to if Dallas will even be considered a good team this season.

So are we terribly concerned about this game? If you have already determined that the Chargers will suck, why are you even bothering to post about them?

TENN Really? Tennessee? Wow.. The Chargers have beat them the last three times we have played them. They lost their most dominant defensive player, and have a contraversy brewing at QB... *Shakes head in amazement*

Are we soo worried about this team that we will begin to moan about how the Chargers have fared against 'good teams'. Wow. Seems to me Philip Rivers has an excellent record as a starter. I guess by the logic displayed he only got the wins against poor teams... :lol:

PITT This one will be tough. Pittsburgh owns a 21-8 all time series lead on us, and their defense looks to be as good as it was last season, we will see. However the Chargers will be returning Merriman, LT and hopefully a loaded O & D Line. I am not ready to call this one a loss, and this is probably the toughtest team we will face next season.

MIA Here kitty, kitty, kitty. Lets see if Penington's streak against the Chargers continues. Last season they won due to defensive break downs. I dont see this as an issue when Rivera has a full off season to put his defense in place. I also dont See Chad making it through this game with a clean uni the way he did last season.

BAL Their D has lost some key players, will still be strong. However our O will continue to perform at a high level. They will have new blood in their secondary and will have to stop our offense. This game should see two evenly matched teams slug it out.

It this one that we want to chalk a loss up to?

PHI Stop the running game and win. Simple as that.

So I would like to see something solid on the claim that the Chargers dont do well against 'good' teams. Something other than an emotional rant about how embarrased we are that we wond the west with only 8 wins because Bronco fans tease about it... YAWN...

I am looking forward to this season, and looking forward to the D crushing people and Rivers bombing the hell out of people. But I know, I know, I am not an informed fan like the doom and gloom brothers, Matilack and B4L... :icon_rofl:

25. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Please , lets get the defense solid and lets have the chargers win the whole thing finally.:yes:

• Like Like x 1
  26. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    AMEN! :tup:

27. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I just realized something...

Many posters in here cried about the 2005 season when we finished 9-7.
    That season... Denver was 13-3, Kansas City was 10-6 (didn't make it to the playoffs), Oakland was 4-12. So were were in a very competitive division!!!

Now those same posters are bragging about 8-8 like it's a milestone season.
    Denver 8-8, Oakland 4-12, Kansas City 2-12... Very ****** Division!!!
    Now there were some exciting times. Use beating up the Patsies, Retards, and Donks at home was great!!!! The playoff victory over the Ponies was very exciting!!!
    The game in Tampa Bay was pretty cool but all in all, it was not an impressive season.

No, I'm not being negative... just honest.
    I'm not into fairy tales, science fiction, or whatever other theories some posters come up with. I'm into the brutal truth!!!

This season looks very promising for us but there is MORE to it than fixing the defense!!!
    We need our running game back!!! Too many times, Rivers got picked off in the most critical times... because he had no running game to take the pressure off of him. LT + HESTER + SPROLES = NO EXCUSES!!!

• Like Like x 1
  28. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    So back on track.

Yes it was a coold vidoe, thanks B4L.

It highlights that while we had a lot of things did go wrong the team did not quite. They did what they needed to do to get a shot at it all. They never quit.

29. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,551
    :icon_rofl:

30. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Lol am I missing something here? :icon_huh:

I thought conc's words were pretty inspiring! :tup:

• Like Like x 1