1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cooper waived by Pats

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LT-Express, Oct 8, 2016.

1. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    I just read on ESPN.com front page that the patriots waived Jonathan Cooper. Any interest?

2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,410
    Oh, I thought you meant that other Cooper....... that's a ******* relief.

3. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    More interested in Bene Benewikere. He'd add depth to our corner position, plus he's on his rookie contract for two more seasons.

But, I'd be interested in Cooper. I really liked him coming out, his problems has been more staying healthy. Which wouldn't bode well.

4. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    You mean J. Cooper? No.

5. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    I liked him too coming out. I think I would take a flyer on him.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +535
    Benwikere got cut? I'd give him a shot. But apparently the team won't, given that Steve and Trevor Williams are back on the roster.

Cooper's issue has been less about nagging issues and more about his broken leg as a rookie. He's never been the same guy since. And it's an injury that has ended a lot of OL careers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Williams and Williams are back because we need guys to play football today, but there's no reason to pass on Benwikere for those two average joes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    Benewikere is a solid corner. He has versatility as he played some safety in college and with the Panthers. But, he's been used exclusively as a slot corner.

It never hurts to have corners on the team. He plays on special teams too. I'd 100% give him a shot. He's still working his way back from his broken fibula and you can't blame him for the Panthers terrible gameplan against the Falcons. Guarding Julio Jones, the best WR in the league, one on one for the entire game with no safety help is not ideal.