1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cordarro Law moved to 53 man roster

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Sep 22, 2014.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/sep/22/chargers-cordarro-law-cfl-dontrelle-inman/

[​IMG]
    Cordarro Law spent the past three games on the Chargers practice squad.
    On Tuesday, he'll receive a promotion.

San Diego is expected to sign the outside linebacker onto its 53-man roster, a source said Monday. Law bolsters the depth at a position that saw Melvin Ingram (hip) be placed on injured reserve Saturday with a designation to return this year. Also, Jerry Attaochu has been limited recently with a hamstring ailment, and Reggie Walker injured his ankle Sunday versus Buffalo.

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    That leaves 1 opening.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    That's what she said. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    two_in_the_pink_one_in_the_stink.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,729
    ^^^Nasty...

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,729
    Will Law prevail? Can he do the job?

7. CajonZonie

CajonZonie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    He pretty much has to if he gets the nod. I have confidence in that situation, plus he played pretty well in the preseason. Not to mention, it's apparent that players feel a lot more appreciated and respected under the new management. It's as if they get the sense that there is more of an investment in the individual player on the squad. Plus we all know that TT doesn't like to go shopping unless it's a necessity

8. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    I reckon Law is better than Tourek Williams, keeping him over Law and Keiser I just don't get. So I approve of this move.

9. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    Well. at least we know Law is familiar with the penal code.

10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Heck they don't need no stinking LB'ers just sign any swinging dick of a running back and all will be fine. Rivers played LB'er in high school I believe, just give him a reversible shirt and away they will go.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,806
    Seriously Hex, what the **** is your problem? No one, not a single person here ever said what you are implying. Yet you've brought it up repeatedly in multiple threads and even told posters to STFU. I'm honestly confused by your ire.

12. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    No problems just difference of opinion, I'll call it how I see it and am entitled to that. I don't care to go the interweb argument bs and usually stay out of it but I found it very ridiculous to be jumping to conclusions and wanting to get another RB before all the facts were known.

13. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,806
    I'm not sure how you can consider the obvious move to sign a RB as jumping to conclusions but whatever dude...

14. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Lets see....
    RM24 on the bench healing
    DW39 on IR
    DB34 only remaining RB from day 1 currently active
    BO43 brought up from PS to fill a spot...

That leaves one RB spot open... Heck Syd why are you jumping to conclusions that we would want to sign a RB to fill the space that is intended for an RB... Silly woman... :D

In all seriousness (don't laugh at me when I say that!)
    Mathews is still considered to be at the minimum a month away from getting back on the field. Who knows he may surprise us. We are in desperate need of an RB. If people don't see that well not much you can do for them.

Branden Oliver can be on the active list for 8 games and still be eligible to be put back on the practice squad. He is only ineligible if he is on the active roster for 9 or more games. So if someone is worried about RM24 losing his spot, or someone being cut don't be for another 8 weeks...

Either way, Telesco has not given me a reason to doubt he will get the best player he can regardless of what anyone on some forum says about what we need or do not need...

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Right. Because arguing about who we should replace at RB means we obviously don't care about the other areas of need.

I mean, who needs a RB when you only have 2 healthy RBs on the entire roster, practice squad included after Arizona raids our system?

16. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Give this man a cigar, look how right you were. I'm glad TT wasn't running around at mach 5 with his hair on fire.

17. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Yep, me too.

It's a good thing random internet debate doesn't stop TT from doing his job like someone on this forum insisted it does :tup:

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Over react much?? I'd venture to say TT has a backup plan already in place to prevent him from going full Leo.

19. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Overreacting would be spreading hate and discontent about people having the audacity to discuss the RB situation across multiple threads.

20. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    The RB situation to me can be summed up in a nutshell: have someone able to add some dimension of a rushing attack, and we will be fine. Someone good for a high-3-to-4 YPC between the tackles available on every down. This usually means 1 feature back or 2 ordinary backs of this ilk.

Brown, although vanilla, has proven good at this role in the past (he faced 3 tough D-lines to open the season), and he might just be OK for us on his own, and hopefully, one of Oliver and Draughn will be able to spell him and make an impact on 3rd down if the case requires it.

Last season, without Mathews, we had literally NOBODY to fill this role. McClain's best days were behind him. Woodhead is a factor-back that has limited ability to run between the tackles (he usually requires some space/opening). And Ronnie Brown? Puh-lease.

The key to being OK in this spot is being prepared...and while TT was excellent as a whole last season, he did not prepare for the worst case scenario of Mathews being unable to finish a playoff game. This error was far worse than giving Cox 20 mil, IMO.

21. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886

I'm very happy TT didn't take your approach in this situation. God only knows what the Bolts would have ended up with.

22. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +410
    Telesco isn't perfect. He speculated on a couple of skill guys in the sixth and seventh round of the draft. Marion Grice is with the Cardinals, and Tevin Reese is with the Bungles. I would have gone either OL or DL with both of those picks.

23. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    The 6th and 7th round are for speculation. I will take that any day over speculating in the first round on English and Busted Davis...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +410
    That goes without saying. The point is that if you are going to take a shot at finding a diamond in the rough, why not try to address a more pertinent need? We had already traded away our fourth pick to move up in the second round.

25. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    You would have to see the war board to know for sure. I could suggest that perhaps they were concerned about stability at RB for the long haul, or felt that they had depth at DL and OL. I know they were counting on Freeney coming back into form for the DL, and I cant say who was left on the board as a big boy to take over Grice or Reese.

26. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +410
    I just checked over the draft and indeed there were a few linemen drafted behind us. One would need to do the research to see if any were keepers. My thinking was that if you sign Brown and Inman you have those sixth and seventh round picks covered. After getting a CB and a LB... (both arguably great picks)... we only ended up with a C and a DT to show for the rest of the draft. I don't think we should have been blowing picks on RBs or WRs at this stage.

27. tito

tito BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +133
    Not sure I agree with you at all, because we are thin at WR and RB right now. So it seems the positions aren't really the issue, it's only who was selected since, neither made the team.

28. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    And what exactly do you think my approach to this was?

We were merely discussing as a group who the best options would be when you told us to STFU because it's not our job and we have injury issues in other areas.

Do you seriously want TT to make these decisions on his own without consulting his coworkers' opinions? Because that's pretty much the approach you were telling us to STFU about.

Or is your issue that we shouldn't even have addressed the RB situation because of those other injuries? Because you still haven't been very clear about that.

29. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +410
    We're not thin at WR. Tutu only got four snaps and Inman hasn't played. Grice wasn't the answer because the Chargers wouldn't outbid Arizona for his services. Those were two wasted picks. No big deal. Telesco is doing a good job. I just wanted to put a small damper on the worship.

30. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Using my 20/20 hindsight Grice and Reece were obviously wasted picks, but I don't fault him for making them from the perspective of when he made them...but I did want OL as well at the time.