1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Could Turner fetch two first day draft picks?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by thejdog, Aug 26, 2006.

1. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I would not do it because I would do the opposite and lock Turner for a long term deal so we can have an insurance policy for LT. if he God forid it goes down for any length of time with an injury and also give the Chargers a change of pace RB for us to utilise including defenses something else to think about. That is just my opinion.

2. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Id say no team would give up 2 first day picks for him at this point. If he has a good season maybe.......but i doubt it.

A first is a lot to give up.

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    No team would so this is a ridiculous question

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    In the NFL I have come to find there is no such thing as a rediculous question. Because each year there are things that happen that are simply rediculous.

5. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    I agree with ya :yes:

6. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    I concur... IMO, its time to start using LT like Marshall...

7. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    No but LT can :icon_rofl:

8. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    You definately have a 'toss the baby out with the bathwater' mentality.

9. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I suspect Turner would command a second and a third rounder....I would pull the trigger and get BEEF.

RB's can be found with our crack scouting staff in the draft.

10. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    u cant give up Turner... unless u identify some other back... we need Turner to compliment LT...

we r all set at a lot of positons. next year our pix should be offensive line men. good beef from the big 10 will do the trick.

11. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    We wont be able to hold on to MT much longer. He is a starter on 25 other teams. We also will not be trading LT or benching him for MT no matter what some draft guru wanabes think!:icon_wink:

12. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    LT avgs 3.8 YPC on the road the past two years. Yah everyone bow down to one of the greatest of all time :icon_huh: BTW in the past 31 games in critical situations (Late4thQ+Within1possession) LT has 3 TDs and avgs 3.8 YPC as well.

13. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Keep Turner for this season, unless someone totally blew SD away with a mega-offer (#1 plus something else), and I don't think that will happen.

Without looking it up, I think Turner will be a RFA after this season. I suspect AJ will tender him at the medium level (a first round compensation from the offering team). If someone signs him, then fine. Use the extra #1 to upgrade the team. Otherwise, Turner will be in SD through 2007 and we'll be looking at getting a probable third rounder in the 2009 draft as a supplemental compensation for him.

14. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    If he wasnt so insistant on playing hurt as much as he does, he would have better numbers....but he isnt a wussy as you called him. He played with cracked ribs and never missed a game. Played with a puled groin and never missed a game. You know, he did the WUSSY thing :rolleyes2:

15. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Look you know what I meant. You never look for the sideline, never. MT blows people up inches away from the sideline and turns those runs into big gains. LT gives up. Good for his cracked ribs that's a whole other story and if playing through injury is his excuse than he is an injury prone superstar who needs to put up or shut up. Give him a clean bill of health and I guarantee you Turner would still be more productive in our offense.

16. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Thats the type of back Turner is. He is 240 lbs...LT is 221 lbs.

People just bounce off of Turner.

Not every back tries to run people over. Emmit Smith didnt, Franco Harris didnt. I dont see your problem with it.

I have no problem with Turner. I love Turner and loved the pick. I had him going in the 3rd round in my mock that year and he was the best value pick we made that year.
    I just dont agree at all with your take on LT. I wouldnt say he gives up. Who cares if he gos out of bounds?
    Tory Holt and Isaac Bruce both hit the deck after they catch a pass and they are considered top WR's. Nobody calls them or LT a wuss.

Nobody calls Emmit or Franco Harris a wuss either.

17. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I really like Turner but I agree with getting some beef. That said, he isn't going anywhere. I'll be watching Chester Taylor in Minn to see how he handles a whole season of punishment in the NFL.

18. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Good example, but Taylor isnt as big as Turner. Taylor 215 lbs, Turner is 240.

19. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    It's just not ok to go out of bounds. Last year he was looking for the sideline at times when he had a good amount of room to work with, it is pathetic. You wonder why teams like Denver are so successful for so long and have built a winning system/program, that's because Shanny doesn't tolerate that kind of chit over there. You go 100% or you don't go at all. LT saying he "gives more" at times is BS and I would never tolerate that, and that's precisely why Marty is a douche, he doesn't do anything about it and doesn't get the most out of his players. This goes for everyone on the team who suffers from cases of complacency. LT isn't some godly RB and shouldn't be "untouchable" but clearly people make him such. He's just a goddamn football player and will be out of the league in half a decade. If I buy an 8000 dollar guitar I'm not buying it to show off, I'm buying it because it sounds great and I'm going to use it up and don't give a fruck if the finish chips and if some of the hardware falls off while I'm playing it, because if I treat it like it should be untouchable and should be hanging on my wall instead, preserving it in tact will always be on my mind and will destract me from playing it to the best of my abilities. In other words, it will destract me from the purpose of the guitar. The guitar = LT's body, the guitar player = LT.

20. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    No, its because they will go out and get a Adam Meadows and Javon Walker where we wont. We have beeded good OT's for a while now and AJ just wont get them and Denver still has George Foster on the team and still got Meadows.

When they stop putting RB's in the HOF because they run out of bounds them maybe your opinion will mean something, but in the meantime....it dont mean anything but being just.........your opinion.
    99.9% of football people do not agree with you.
    Perhaps maybe leisure will since you guys are joined at the hip :lol:

21. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Emmitt Smith had told LT he would lengthen his career a few years by just running out of bounds instead versus not.

22. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    With people complaining about LT, and talkin about wanting to trade him, I think I am finding new gratitude for AJ.

23. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    Again, why are you bringing up HOF??? I want a fuggin LOMBARDI TROPHY. I don't give a fugg about the HOF and personal achievements and I guess 99.9% of the fans out there do as you say. There is a fine line between entertainment and business. If you want to be entertained... watch LT (besides the fact that Turner is more entertaining than LT imo), if you want to get down to business and give ourselves a greater shot at winning the SB, it's Turner we should be watching.

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    So why is it, do you think that the people who watch him daily, in practice, and make the desicions do not agree with you? Why is that do you think?

Turner is a good back, but not as good as LT. How many TDs has Turner thrown for? How is Turner as a receiver? We have seen what Turner can do with a hole, but he does not move the pile to well. He is not as versitile as LT, who can hit the D in several different ways. That is not to say that Turner isnt a good back, he is, but it is assinine to suggest that he is the better back than LT IMO. Lack of clarity of thinking on your part IMO.

Of course your free to think that way (heading off the outcries of censorship). Just as I am free to express my complete lack of support for what your saying.

25. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Nothing is wrong with playing both. I am responding to the many comments about Turner being greater than LT. I do not think that is fact. He is welcome to his opinion, but suggetsting that we get rid of LT in favor of MT is insanity.