1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Count our blessings, it could be worse

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by cool arrow, Jan 20, 2009.

1. cool arrow

cool arrow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    Judging by all the heat Norv has taken from us, myself included, I think we should be grateful we have Norv as HC instead of Wade Phillips. After Marty was fired I remember how many of us thought Wade should have been given a shot at HC given the fact he had done a remarkable job with the defense. Many people vetoed the idea because of his past HC history and it appears same Ole Wade has raised its ugly head. Check out this stuff happening to the cowgirls. Its a three ring circus. I have no idea how a charter plane can depart up to an hour later than scheduled because some of the players show up LATE. Read on.

Happy Happy Joy Joy :icon_rofl:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/012009dnspocowlede.3f77524.html

2. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...I didn't want either one of them for San Diego's HC. Some guys are HC material and others are just cut out to be coordinators. Norv and Wade should be an OC and a DC...period!

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Jerry Jones at least has some blame because he's turned Terell Owens into a quasi coach by letting him get away wtih anything he wants

4. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    ahha im with you bro! :tup:

5. cool arrow

cool arrow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    No kidding. I'm just glad Norv has a better playoff record than Wade. Hopefully that trend continues where the Bolts can hoist that dang trophy!

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Not me. I don't particularly care for Wade as HC.

But keep this in mind.... look at the Cowboys division.
    Eagles, Giants, Redskins... we'd be lucky to finish 4-12 in that division!!

7. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    we shall see next year, cause we play all 4 teams and could beat all 4

8. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I was sorry to lose Wade as a DC, but I was a tad mystified why Jones picked him as a HC, seeing as how the Cowboys could whistle up just about anyone they wanted as a coach, given the history and prestige of the brand. Being good at creating defensive schemes is one thing, but a head coach has to have a personality that draws respect and that comes down to being able to maintain discipline without being Sergeant Marko and right now guys like that are in short supply around the league. I don't like Shanahan and I don't like Gruden-he seems to needle people to get them to move, not lead them-Shanahan I don't like on general principles because he's an officious prick.

9. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I wasn't to happy with the Norv choice but I sure as hell didn't want Wade either. I wouldn't want Chuckie either, dudes lives off the backs of others. Shannarat would seriously make me consider picking up a new team to root for.

Next season will tell us all we need to know about this team and the direction it's heading under Norv. It's a good thing we retained the services of Revera, he may have to step in and right the ship.

10. cool arrow

cool arrow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    Here's a thought. Knowing how much jj loves to draw attention to his team, what if the Bolts indeed make LT available. I wouldn't put it passed jj to make some effort to sign LT. LT is a Texan and a TCU alum. A local boy playing for jj would certainly make headlines. Yeah I know they have a decent stable of RB's in barber and felix jones but jj has a tendency to bring in players such as t.o. owens, joey galloway, deon "i don't tackle" sanders and such only to watch such moves destroy the team (exception sanders). jones seems to make every effort to do the unthinkable. Man, LT in a cowgirl jersey just doesn't sound right. :icon_eek: